PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi to play in week 1...I don't like it

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaychamp

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Sorry if this was posted before, but I looked and didn't see anything.

According to Foxsports.com national football writer John Czarnecki, Tedy Bruschi will be ready for opening day Sept. 10 against Buffalo.
Boston Herald

After doing some research I found that the scaphoid bone can take anywhere from 6-15 to fully heal and it is indeed career threatning. Why is there any rush to get him back and risk losing him for the year or his career? I know, I should trust his doctors but they aren't always right and I worry for Tedy.

Last edited:
I felt the same for Rodney...

jaychamp said:

Boston Herald

After doing some research I found that the scaphoid bone can take anywhere from 6-15 to fully heal and it is indeed career threatning. Why is there any rush to get him back and risk losing him for the year or his career? I know, I should trust his doctors but they aren't always right and I worry for Tedy.

No offense, but I'd rather trust doctors who deal with those injuries on a daily basis over 5 minutes of scaphoid research you did. Again, no offense.

If it is risking further damage, he won't play. And if it isn't he'll play.

So you're suggesting we should take your word for it? If we can't trust his doctors, we most certainly can't trust your research. I think the doctors treating him have a little bit more credibility than all of us here combined.

We had the same issue last year after his stroke. Bruschi is NOT going to endanger his career by coming back too soon.

jaychamp said:

Boston Herald

who really cares if you like it or not? the only opinion that matters are the doctors.

edgecy said:
So you're suggesting we should take your word for it? If we can't trust his doctors, we most certainly can't trust your research. I think the doctors treating him have a little bit more credibility than all of us here combined.

I'm missing something here. Czarnecki talked to his doctors?

RayClay said:
I'm missing something here. Czarnecki talked to his doctors?

From what I've read, nope.

Then where do we get "doctors say it's OK to play after 4 weeks"?

Edit: original poster said something about doctors.

Whoever did the surgery or whatever, I haven't read a doctors statement.

Last edited:
RayClay said:
Then where do we get "doctors say it's OK to play after 4 weeks"?

I don't know, you're going to have to ask Czarnecki.

Tedy will play with a cast. On playing with a cast, Steve Nelson said, "It was a club. It was a weapon. I kept it on two weeks longer than I was supposed to."

Last edited:
jczxohn1 said:
Tedy will play with a cast. On playing with a cast, Steve Nelson said, "It was a club. It was a weapon. I kept it on two weeks longer than I was supposed to."

When you have this injury you can't grasp things without pain.

Grasping a jersey would be how he could reinjure it.

If he has a cast that covers his fingers that would protect him, but he would be playing one handed.

edgecy said:
I don't know, you're going to have to ask Czarnecki.

He's probably just quoting what Bruschi said right after it happened.:rolleyes:

RayClay said:
When you have this injury you can't grasp things without pain.

Grasping a jersey would be how he could reinjure it.

If he has a cast that covers his fingers that would protect him, but he would be playing one handed.
Read he would play with a cast. I'm sure he'll cope. What was your point?

jaychamp said:

Boston Herald

keyword here ="according to" some person...come on now..we all know how the pats handle injury news ..you seriously think someone knows the information before the wednesday of that game when the injury report comes out ?

jczxohn1 said:
Read he would play with a cast. I'm sure he'll cope. What was your point?

Where did you read it? I guess that's my point.

Actually it comes from the same Fox writer. No sources mentioned.

I guess if you believe everything you read, you'll believe.............everything.

Last edited:
I'm still sticking to the Oct. home game against Miami.
That's just a guess....hopefully sooner

I definitely don't want Tedy to rush it, I have no problem with him missing Week 1 & 2, but I do hope he will be back in time for Week 4, but if not, that'd be okay too.

RayClay said:
Where did you read it? I guess that's my point.

Actually it comes from the same Fox writer. No sources mentioned.

I guess if you believe everything you read, you'll believe.............everything.
Pretty much .......if I trust the source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back