PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi to Ochocinco: 'Join the system, buddy'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question to Mods..... S T F U gets edited.....but W T F doesn't?

Last edited:
LOL Some of you still don't get it. First thing BB will say to Chad today is WTF were you thinking, only he'll be asking that in relation to the penalty...

Bill lives in a world of self starters, guys who don't make mental mistakes, and if they occasionally do they can take criticism irrespective of their standing or perceived talent and use it as motivation to be better, football players who are as mentally tough as they are physically tough. He doesn't hand out tissues and hugs to bruised egos...

And does "Bill" embrace utterly pointless media created distractions, or would he rather they didn't happen?

You will notice the Secretary of State crafted a very careful response when asked about Tedy's comments that didn't toss either combatant under the bus. Although after reiterating how hard Chad HAS worked, he went into one of his typical sililoquies about how as good as it may have looked it clearly wasn't as good as it SHOULD be because they left plays on the field and have things to clean up. He also said he was just doing his job, and that's to do what it takes whether that is record yardage and multiple TD's or just enough to eek out a W...

Textbook "good cop, bad cop" executed to perfection.

To Ocho, hearing things through the media is really no different from being told something in private.

I really don't see how anyone can be upset with Tedy. This will be beneficial to the team in the long run.

Not really concerned about his tweets per carry. Are we missing a point here?

Ridely should be awstruck.

Ocho has been around the block and is acting like a school girl. I follow him on twitter and he cant stop talking about his Prius and where he plans to eat today. He was a big Star in Cinci, but he not a Star anymore in NE as far as Im concerned.

Bruschi is right. Ocho is behind and should be watching film and working harder than the next WR to bring his game up. Even if he knew the Pats playbook backwards and forwards, there is still the issue with his drops.

Less twitter + more work = success

LOL Some of you still don't get it. First thing BB will say to Chad today is WTF were you thinking, only he'll be asking that in relation to the penalty...

Bill lives in a world of self starters, guys who don't make mental mistakes, and if they occasionally do they can take criticism irrespective of their standing or perceived talent and use it as motivation to be better, football players who are as mentally tough as they are physically tough. He doesn't hand out tissues and hugs to bruised egos...
This is a good point that BB wouldn't come out and say it to him. I should've left it as Bill doesn't care what the media thinks. It would probably Brady if anyone would tell him to forget about it and just play football. I imagine Chad will get some ribbing in practice by his teammates about being "in awe".

Last edited:
Re: Bruschi slams ocho

That is a tad too harsh.

I agree. it was a tad harsh. I understand the "awe" factor thing but the guy has to learn this offense before you just tear him down. This could deter Ocho from becoming what he could be or it could actually drive this guy to learn it faster.

Ridely should be awstruck.

Ocho has been around the block and is acting like a school girl. I follow him on twitter and he cant stop talking about his Prius and where he plans to eat today. He was a big Star in Cinci, but he not a Star anymore in NE as far as Im concerned.

Bruschi is right. Ocho is behind and should be watching film and working harder than the next WR to bring his game up. Even if he knew the Pats playbook backwards and forwards, there is still the issue with his drops.

Less twitter + more work = success

I love you people who act like Twitter is a part time job. News flash: Hundreds of players all around the league are on Twitter, and it doesn't take away time that they could be spending in the film room. When Edelman tweets that him and Fletcher and Gronk are heading to a steakhouse to eat, do you get pissed that he's on Twitter and eating dinner instead of being in the film room?

Last edited:
I am not saying Ocho doesn't work hard at times, but a player who wakes up at 6pm probably could be working a little harder.

He isn't up to par yet and he has more to give. Take a little more of that free time and sink it into film time. I have faith that he can do it with some elbow grease.

If working hard isn't enough, work harder. Work like the professional you are. Work until you get the system and are out there being the one worthy of awe.

The act of tweeting itself wasn't what got Tedy going. It was the fact that he was tweeting about just waking up at 6 at night.

I think most people in the thread misread that about Tedy's reaction.

Yeah, that point was a more a general clarification based on the stigma around tweeting. I actually don't like twitter, I think it's pointless drivel 99.9% of the time, but there are people who do say "stop tweeting and get back in the playbook" and I wanted to point out that 100 tweets a day would probably take about 20 minutes total. It probably takes him more time to finish his morning business.

Tedy's reaction was more to WHAT was tweeted, but I still think it's an overreaction. Tweeting is so casual, to think it's an accurate depiction of what's really happening in a guy's head is silly.

We've been down this path before. Ocho has looked completely lost and confused out there, he still has a little time but Bruschi's right, time to get on board. He is acting like a starstruck fan, everybody else on offense seems to get it. Playtime is over, time to grow up or move on.

From Galloway's wiki page

Galloway signed a one-year deal with the New England Patriots on March 14, 2009. Although healthy, he was inactive for Weeks 4-6 of the 2009 season due to a lack of production and difficulty in learning the Patriots offense. He was released on October 2.

I am not saying Ocho doesn't work hard at times, but a player who wakes up at 6pm probably could be working a little harder.

Yeah, how dare he take a nap after playing an away night game in Miami the previous night. Chad, you're not allowed to get any sleep!

Last edited:
Yeah, that point was a more a general clarification based on the stigma around tweeting. I actually don't like twitter, I think it's pointless drivel 99.9% of the time, but there are people who do say "stop tweeting and get back in the playbook" and I wanted to point out that 100 tweets a day would probably take about 20 minutes total. It probably takes him more time to finish his morning business.

Tedy's reaction was more to WHAT was tweeted, but I still think it's an overreaction. Tweeting is so casual, to think it's an accurate depiction of what's really happening in a guy's head is silly.

I agree, I don't get that either. I have never had any problems with him tweeting.

Kind of disappointed in Teddy. He isn't a part of the team anymore and has no place to talk himself. He doesn't really know how hard Chad has or hasn't been working and making this public display trying to goad Chad is exactly what the Pats have always hated about the media. Its sad to see him make this lapse onto the other side.

And BTW, Chad wasn't the only one that had comments like that. Haynesworth and Watters made similar comments during interviews.

Making similar comments during interviews is one thing because they are answering questions asked of them. It's totally different than waking up the next day and start tweeting about it.

Tedy is still a part of the Pats family whether people on this board want to agree or not. Many people were cheering on Tedy when he ripped Maroney. Yet, now many of you have an issue with him ripping Ocho? When Ocho is supposed to be as big a part of this offense as Maroney was supposed to be?

Tedy has every right to rip a player who he feels isn't living up to the legacy that Tedy was a huge part of creating. I'm sure that Brady also pulled Chad aside and had some choice words for Chad.

Says the guy who took three entire seasons to become a contributing player on defense. :rolleyes:

Give him a little time, Teddy, there was a lockout, remember?

Tedy was contributing starting in his rookie year. It's amazing how some "Fans" of this team don't even know the players they are talking about.

I'm sure that Brady also pulled Chad aside and had some choice words for Chad.
You think Brady pulled Chad aside because he doesn't like that Chad tweets?

Shalise has Bill's thoughts on how awesome the performance was...

He actually called out Solder in the media, albeit after also acknowledging what a great debut the rookie had at RT - although Bill expected it based on his work in camp - in his presser. Probably wants him to know while awesome is the goal here and it is seldom actually achieved. But achieving it remains a goal and a work in progress every week. He clearly doesn't want what is still a young team to think this season is going to be a cakewalk based on what happened on offense opening night. So I doubt he wants well compensated veterans to join the awesome chorus... Been there, done that, came away a game shy of a ring...

It looked good, and the numbers were impressive, but after the Patriots’ 38-24 win over Miami, Brady, Bill Belichick, and most members of the offensive unit weren’t expressing awe at their performance.

To the contrary, they said it was a good night’s work but there were still lots of fixes to be made. That is probably not what opposing defenses want to hear - that the Patriots believe they can be even better offensively.

The Patriots didn’t get back home from Florida until about 5 a.m. yesterday, and players were not required to report to the stadium for film review; Belichick said the coaching staff began work on the game plan for Sunday’s home opener against the Chargers, and he would watch the Miami game either late last night or early today.

When asked what specifically New England wanted to improve, offensive coordinator Bill O’Brien cited the six penalties the Patriots were flagged for on offense and red zone improvement.

Belichick expounded on what O’Brien said, noting that there were some things New England basically got away with against the Dolphins.

Patriots insist they can do better - The Boston Globe

Ridley's a rookie. it seems he's performed well in his opportunities, plus he's a rookie, like I said.

Why are we even talking about Ridley? It sure doesn't make Ocho look better.

Players that know each other, ride each other sometimes. Tedy is a "Patriots Way" cheerleader and he's razzing Ocho to stop watching the parade and get in it. I have no problem with it. if Ocho does, he can take it up with Tedy, or better, take it as a competitor and make him eat his words, which is what I'd like.

You tried to leverage his exhibition games as some sort of quality comparison with Johnson, so asking why Ridley's in the conversation after you did that is disingenuous of you. However, to answer your question, the point of Ridley initially being brought into the discussion was a comparison of his tweet to Johnson's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back