PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi to Ochocinco: 'Join the system, buddy'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridley's performed .

Ridley sounds like an F'ing idiot. In his wildest wet dreams, he might become Rashard Mendenhall - great talent and production but a bone head who doesn't know what he tweets/says could be construed as.

I call B.S.

Let's review:

1) One player breaks his contractual obligations, goes AWOL for 7 weeks from his "brothers" and calls the owner a liar - - Bru doesn't say a negative word.

2) Another player comes in, takes a pay CUT, by all accounts works his butt off, has some trouble learning a new system, then comments how impressed he is with this offense after one game - Bru criticizes THAT.

Please.

If anyone has to raise his game it's the "football analyst".

1. Show me quotes of Mankins calling anyone a "liar." Must have missed them.

2. Focus or don't let the door hit you on the way out.

So Ridley has more yards than Johnson has catches, at least, in the games that count, right?

Did Ridley even get on the field Monday night? I don't recall seeing him at all.

Did Ridley even get on the field Monday night? I don't recall seeing him at all.

I'm sure he could see it, in all its glory. That's one of the real benefits of being on the sidelines for the whole game. ;)

Last edited:
this is what the dude needs. Ppl need to Hate on and diss Ocho so that he gets the mind set to prove ppl wrong. ie. Bruschi:)

Last edited:
1. Show me quotes of Mankins calling anyone a "liar." Must have missed them.

2. Focus or don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Mankins rips Patriots for mistreatment | ProFootballTalk

“Right now, this is about principle with me and keeping your word and
how you treat people. This is what I thought the foundation of the
Patriots was built on,” Mankins said. “Apparently, I was wrong. Growing up, I was taught
a man’s word is his bond. Obviously this isn’t the case with the
Patriots.”

Ouch. This one could take a while.

.........of course, Ochocinco tweeting his appreciation for the organization that he calls "heaven" is way worse and deserves Bruschi calling him out.

Last edited:
I don't have a football background but I find it hard to believe that a player who was targeted weekly by the opposition but still was able to put up top level stats should have this much difficulty producing in our system.

Is the system so difficult that only under the radar receivers (all the smurfs over the past decade) and one freakishly talented player (Moss) were able to grasp it? Heck, Caldwell, Doug Gabriel, and Donte Stallworth were all able to make some level of progress in this system - quite early in their stints as Patriots.
I refuse to believe that a player as dedicated and passionate about football can be so unable to muster any production. It never seems to add up.

By the way, I wish Tedy would have gotten into the ear of a guy like Adalius Thomas. It might even be better if Tedy sat down with Chad and said these words to him privately…but going off like this in a column to air his opinion seems a little too personal and even unprofessional.
Stallworth had 1 catch in his first game, Caldwell had 2 and Gabriel didn't have any...if you want to compare Chad's first game to theirs.

I remember Troy Brown talking about the system and how it IS difficult because there are a lot more assignments and places to be, etc. Monday, they were in a hurry up offense and needed players on the field who could move between spots and know what Brady is signaling for without being in a huddle.

I agree with your last point though, that Tedy really should've taken Ocho aside and told him this. But I also don't think this is about sending a message to Ocho as much as it is Tedy grabbing some ratings and headlines. Which is his job now, to be honest....even if it means selective overreactions to some ten-second tweets. I love Tedy. But he has some moments as an analyst where you just roll your eyes, just like you do with every other tv/radio analyst.

Last edited:
I have no problems with what Tedy said.

I heard it live when he gave that speech and thought it nothing more than a bit of "tough love". He just wants Ocho to apply himself a bit more and make the grade. And let's face it. It didn't look good to have Ocho tweet out at 6 at night about just waking up and being in awe of the team he should be studying with. Tedy had an emotional reaction to that and his words were genuine to his heart. Now I'm sure Ocho works pretty hard. But the fact remains, if you aren't getting it you probably need to work harder. The Patriots have a very high bar. I think Ocho will catch on soon. But a little motivation certainly never hurts.

Last edited:
I think these comments by Bruschi are a bit out of line and over the top....and I love bruschi. Obviously, it is going to take some receivers longer to pick up a system than others. It will also TAKE AWHILE for Brady to get confidence in certain new receivers like he has in Welker. Let's look at it objectively and if Welker is open and ocho is open....guess who's getting the ball? Welker! Brady has almost a psychic connection with welk....he has the same thing with Branch. I just think right now it is about Brady getting comfortable with ocho. God only knows chad is a competitor and WANTS to be productive and a.part of the operation. Brady has a ton of weapons right now...and ocho isn't the only single girl at the dance....he's one of many fighting for Tom's attention (my gawd I can't even believe I just used that analogy...)

Patriots was built on,” Mankins said. “Apparently, I was wrong. Growing up, I was taught
Patriots.”

.........of course, Ochocinco tweeting his appreciation for the organization that he calls "heaven" is way worse and deserves Bruschi calling him out.

So he was specifically talking about Kraft?

So Ridley has more yards than Johnson has catches, at least, in the games that count, right?

Ridley's a rookie. it seems he's performed well in his opportunities, plus he's a rookie, like I said.

Why are we even talking about Ridley? It sure doesn't make Ocho look better.

Players that know each other, ride each other sometimes. Tedy is a "Patriots Way" cheerleader and he's razzing Ocho to stop watching the parade and get in it. I have no problem with it. if Ocho does, he can take it up with Tedy, or better, take it as a competitor and make him eat his words, which is what I'd like.

Ridley sounds like an F'ing idiot. In his wildest wet dreams, he might become Rashard Mendenhall - great talent and production but a bone head who doesn't know what he tweets/says could be construed as.

Not really concerned about his tweets per carry. Are we missing a point here?

I call B.S.

Let's review:

1) One player breaks his contractual obligations, goes AWOL for 7 weeks from his "brothers" and calls the owner a liar - - Bru doesn't say a negative word.

2) Another player comes in, takes a pay CUT, by all accounts works his butt off, has some trouble learning a new system, then comments how impressed he is with this offense after one game - Bru criticizes THAT.

Please.

If anyone has to raise his game it's the "football analyst".

Mankins rejoined the team......and dominated that 1st game....despite taking a pay cut himself. Lame example

So he was specifically talking about Kraft?

The New England Patriots organization, which is owned by Robert Kraft.

The point is that Bruschi evidently felt bailing out on one's teammates for almost half a season and publicly feuding with with the organization was not worth criticizing as much as Ochocinco's tweeted compliment.

Remember what Bruschi has said, time and again, about the organization and how it's run. Hell, he never even had an AGENT because of his public and loud support for his TRUST in the organization.

What does Bruschi believe in? Evidently, criticizing soft targets and keeping mum on a player who publicly denigrated something Bruschi deeply believed in.

Last edited:
Mankins rejoined the team......and dominated that 1st game....despite taking a pay cut himself. Lame example

Actually, how often does a player or former player talk about another player's "business?"

Patriots.”

You're comparing apples and oranges. That was about "business" and players generally don't mind each others unless of course they cross the line as Randall did. Mankins was not under contract at the time (he had been tendered as a restricted FA) and he had 6 years of never missing the bell and only ever playing one really bad game...albeit at the worst possible time.

Chad's tweet smacks of someone making a cameo appearance on say a show like the Not Really Basketball Wives franchise of Miami and being awestruck by how frequently the non factor mfing bishes come to blows...;)

This is not your Sons football or hockey team. Ocho is a professional. These words maybe harsh, but they were Necessary:)

I <3 Ocho let's hope this gets him working double time to understand the system.

Actually, how often does a player or former player talk about another player's "business?"

Seldom unless you're a Brett Favre kind of leader...

He's a great player, no question about.

He DECIDED not to be there for 7 weeks and publicly stated that the organization's word is not their bond.

It was his legal right his right to do both things.

Bruschi criticized a player who has been in a new system for 6 weeks, who expressed his admiration for a Patriots record setting game.

Seems very selective of Bruschi that THAT was enough for the call-out.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back