Status
Not open for further replies.
I like some of his comments about Brady. My favorite:
"You know what guys, no one has ever won three in a row."

I like some of his comments about Brady. My favorite:
"You know what guys, no one has ever won three in a row."

Man, the pro bowl story got me pumped. Hope he will get it done this year

Just shut up Tedy.
His macho pontification at a soft target because of a tweet that took 10 seconds to write was over the top and actually quite lame.
Has anyone reported anywhere that Ocho is not putting in the work and the study at Gillette??
Anyone????
Count me as one Patriot fan who is sick and tied of the media's obsession with and constant nitpicking at Ochocinco. He's one reciever on the team. One. Brady put up 517 without him. He'll either "get it" or he won't.
When I start to read that Ocho's not putting in the work then I will join the chorus but until then.....SHUT UP TEDY.

So a guy being paid to help ratings on a dying radio station said something controversial?

What else happenned yesterday? The sun came up? Democrats and Republicans disagreed on something? Yawn.

i LOVED this callout by Tedy.

1. Yes, Chad should be given more time to deliver. Tedy didnt say anything about that.

2. Tedy said he should stop the circus tweeting and talking about being in awe of the Pats. He should start acting and talking like a Patriot. This is the part I loved. Because its true. Ochocinco has done NOTHING yet, so SHUT THE F UP and get busy.

3. I dont care if this was out of line. Tedy works for the media now. His comments are AWESOME and UNIQUE. They show what would be happening in a real locker room. He just spits it, and you have to admit it, its better than 90% of those commentators out there.

-- FRITZ

Bru believes he is still part of this team and you can't blame him. I think he has taken the development and naming of the "Patriot Way" to be personal. Does he not say this in one of those America's Game DVD?

I don't disagree with what he said. Maybe he needed to say this to 85 before saying it on that crap sports network. Say it to the man, in private.

What is the point of publically stating this?

Embarassment? Motivitation?

I like Bru, he is intense and still has love for his team. I get it. Maybe he felt by stating it publically it ups the ante a bit as maybe that message was delivered privately and it did not get through...send a message to 85 through the media, play on his own turf.

Hard to say one way or another. But IMHO, I believe Chad is putting the work in. I mean seriously how long does it take to tweet...10 seconds?

Let's see if this approach works..I don't think it would be too late to have delivered this same message in a, say week 4 timeframe, if he still felt 85 was in awe of 12.

I really hope Chad doesn't respond to this, show Tedy what you're about on the field not twitter.

There you go.

Tedy knows a thing or two about motivation.

Tedy better watch out. The natives will turn on you for telling it like it is when that's something they don't want to hear about faster than they'll turn on a player who underperforms... Wait 'til Bingo and Rodney weigh in... These guys know what Bill expects. They also know a doghouse candidate when they see one. Bill stuck his neck out for Ocho and Albert this season, moreso financially for Ocho. He's making twice what Welker and Branch - guys 3-4 years younger with a history of proWducing in this offense - are making and he's signed for 2 more seasons. Making 5-10 times what the young TE duo is making... On a team chock full of overachievers, trying hard but underachieving won't cut it for long... Tedy's telling him it's time to s...t...f...u and try harder...

Tedy was in studio yesterday for coffee with the coach... How quickly you forget what it was about Tedy his coach admired most, he always did the right thing - on and off the field and in the locker room.

There is still time for Chad to figure it all out. They don't need him at the moment, but they could in a heartbeat. The train has left the station and as it picks up speed it will only get harder to hitch a ride. He's not pouting, which is a positive, but he better find a way to ditch the awestruck deer in the headlights watching from the side of the road image or the train is eventually going to unintentionally run him over... Today he's likely experiencing his first game film review (since he wasn't in yesterday...) in front of the entire class. Not much to pick on the offense for but the handful of penalties and miscues. Welcome to the system, buddy.

Ridley must have to get with the program now as well, and stop being a fan damnit!

Stevan Ridley
"That's why they say he is best QB in the game!! As for me, it's all in Gods timing! No head hanging here just watching and learning! All in due time baby!!! #ontothenextone"

:rolleyes:

Yeah, there was a whole lot of "Nothing to see here" in Johnson's tweet, and Haynesworth's responses to postgame questions, tame as they were, were much more of the type that Belichick would frown upon. Bruschi was way off base with his take.

Tedy better watch out. The natives will turn on you for telling it like it is when that's something they don't want to hear about faster than they'll turn on a player who underperforms... Wait 'til Bingo and Rodney weigh in... These guys know what Bill expects. They also know a doghouse candidate when they see one. Bill stuck his neck out for Ocho and Albert this season, moreso financially for Ocho. He's making twice what Welker and Branch - guys 3-4 years younger with a history of proWducing in this offense - are making and he's signed for 2 more seasons. Making 5-10 times what the young TE duo is making... On a team chock full of overachievers, trying hard but underachieving won't cut it for long... Tedy's telling him it's time to s...t...f...u and try harder...

Tedy was in studio yesterday for coffee with the coach... How quickly you forget what it was about Tedy his coach admired most, he always did the right thing - on and off the field and in the locker room.

There is still time for Chad to figure it all out. They don't need him at the moment, but they could in a heartbeat. The train has left the station and as it picks up speed it will only get harder to hitch a ride. He's not pouting, which is a positive, but he better find a way to ditch the awestruck deer in the headlights watching from the side of the road image or the train is eventually going to unintentionally run him over... Today he's likely experiencing his first game film review (since he wasn't in yesterday...) in front of the entire class. Not much to pick on the offense for but the handful of penalties and miscues. Welcome to the system, buddy.

Amen ... I was listening to it live .. It wasn't like it was scripted .. you can feel his passion, and how he felt about it .. Tedy has free reign in my book .. lol

I love #54, but he never said word one against a player who stayed away from the team (his "brothers"!!!) for 7 weeks last year and called Mr. Kraft a liar.

THIS gets his ire?????

Weak brew, Bru. You were a better player than an analyst.

Last edited:
I don't have a football background but I find it hard to believe that a player who was targeted weekly by the opposition but still was able to put up top level stats should have this much difficulty producing in our system.

Is the system so difficult that only under the radar receivers (all the smurfs over the past decade) and one freakishly talented player (Moss) were able to grasp it? Heck, Caldwell, Doug Gabriel, and Donte Stallworth were all able to make some level of progress in this system - quite early in their stints as Patriots.

I refuse to believe that a player as dedicated and passionate about football can be so unable to muster any production. It never seems to add up.

By the way, I wish Tedy would have gotten into the ear of a guy like Adalius Thomas. It might even be better if Tedy sat down with Chad and said these words to him privately…but going off like this in a column to air his opinion seems a little too personal and even unprofessional.

i LOVED this callout by Tedy.

1. Yes, Chad should be given more time to deliver. Tedy didnt say anything about that.

2. Tedy said he should stop the circus tweeting and talking about being in awe of the Pats. He should start acting and talking like a Patriot. This is the part I loved. Because its true. Ochocinco has done NOTHING yet, so SHUT THE F UP and get busy.

3. I dont care if this was out of line. Tedy works for the media now. His comments are AWESOME and UNIQUE. They show what would be happening in a real locker room. He just spits it, and you have to admit it, its better than 90% of those commentators out there.

-- FRITZ

Let's see Tedy call out one of his "boys" in that Patriot locker room. That I'll respect. Lord knows Brady and Co. have coughed up quite a few furballs these past few January's that have made Foxborough a target rich environment for Tell-it-like-it-is(??) Tedy. Funny but I don't recall the biting criticism and the naming of names coming from the Tedster on those occassions. Huh!?! But he's all hot and bothered because ONE WR on the team is struggling on the field after one regular season game and had the audacity to spend 10 seconds tweeting praise towards his teammates.
Ocho is an easy target because Ocho is an outsider. Like shooting fish in a barrell. Oooooh that tough talkin' Tedy....:rolleyes:

Ridley must have to get with the program now as well, and stop being a fan damnit!

Stevan Ridley
"That's why they say he is best QB in the game!! As for me, it's all in Gods timing! No head hanging here just watching and learning! All in due time baby!!! #ontothenextone"

:rolleyes:

Ridley's performed .

Reading between the lines: Teddy isn't a big fan of these vets coming in, getting big coin, and being eased into the system in a coddling fashion. Teddy just vented the feelings that the coaches must be feeling but have been too respectful to say. It also has to drive these old school guys nuts to listen and read the emotional purges that appear on Twitter every hour. "This minute I'm in awe." "Now I am sad". We have Spikes giving us his daily "torment level" and now Ridley telling the world his career path is in "God's hands." WTF. Blast away Teddy......Fire from all sides. Wake these kids up. These Twiitter inner-psyche releases are just vehicles to make excuses.

I call B.S.

Let's review:

1) One player breaks his contractual obligations, goes AWOL for 7 weeks from his "brothers" and calls the owner a liar - - Bru doesn't say a negative word.

2) Another player comes in, takes a pay CUT, by all accounts works his butt off, has some trouble learning a new system, then comments how impressed he is with this offense after one game - Bru criticizes THAT.

Please.

If anyone has to raise his game it's the "football analyst".

Last edited:
I call B.S.

Let's review:

1) One player breaks his contractual obligations, goes AWOL for 7 weeks from his "brothers" and calls the owner a liar - - Bru doesn't say a negative word.

2) Another player comes in, takes a pay CUT, by all accounts works his butt off, has some trouble learning a new system, then comments how impressed he is with this offense after one game - Bru criticizes THAT.

Please.

If anyone has to raise his game it's the "football analyst".

Mankins had no contractual obligations.

If anyone has to raise his game, it's the mod. ;)

Reading between the lines: Teddy isn't a big fan of these vets coming in, getting big coin, and being eased into the system in a coddling fashion. Teddy just vented the feelings that the coaches must be feeling but have been too respectful to say. It also has to drive these old school guys nuts to listen and read the emotional purges that appear on Twitter every hour. "This minute I'm in awe." "Now I am sad". We have Spikes giving us his daily "torment level" and now Ridley telling the world his career path is in "God's hands." WTF. Blast away Teddy......Fire from all sides. Wake these kids up. These Twiitter inner-psyche releases are just vehicles to make excuses.

Evidently, Mankins scared the hell out of this "truth teller".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back