PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi to Ochocinco: 'Join the system, buddy'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of disappointed in Teddy. He isn't a part of the team anymore and has no place to talk himself. He doesn't really know how hard Chad has or hasn't been working and making this public display trying to goad Chad is exactly what the Pats have always hated about the media. Its sad to see him make this lapse onto the other side.

And BTW, Chad wasn't the only one that had comments like that. Haynesworth and Watters made similar comments during interviews.

Give the guy a break Bruschi! All his life Chad's been the focus of the offense and the guy to blow the roof off, and now he's seeing his teammates doing it without him. You can say get over it, but of course it's a little dizzying, and kind of like "what did I just see?"

Sure, Bruschi can say he's in awe because he doesn't get it, but I don't think that's true for a second. I think he's in awe because he DOES get it! In anything, when understand all of the little details that go into something, THATS when it becomes amazing and beautiful to you. When we see Tom Brady rip a defense apart, we think "Gee they're doing well!" When a professional sees it, they see all the little techniques and strategies, and that's what's amazing.

Love Bruschi, but seriously man chill.

Am I really the only one who thought it was a really stupid thing for Ochocinco to tweet?

I'm all for players having personalities/fun/etc., but at some point, when all of your teammates are saying things like "we did some things well but we have things to work on" and "we're focusing on San Diego now", he's tweeting about how awe-inspiring watching the offense from the sideline was?

I'm willing to give the guy plenty of leeway in terms of learning the offense, and I have no problem with his snap count being low considering the no-huddle attack that was used in a TE-centric offense.

But Bruschi is right. He's acting like a fan.

Or a tourist visiting some exotic locale he's always fantasized about. This isn't Fanasy Island, this is The Real World of BB where the HOF HC who always got a kick out of you and you got a kick out of him getting a kick out of you actually got where he is by getting guys to buy all in and get with the program and do whatever it takes including abandoning their inner child (or ego or entertainer persona) and doing their GD job. Tedy knows this. He was a member of Bill's first sales staff. You want to take up residence here it's up to you to prove you have what it takes to be all in. Chad still hasn't come to terms with what it is what it is means here... You either figure it out or your visit is brief.

Some suggested that Chad was displaying negative body language on the sidelines (hinting that he was unhappy with his playing time and/or limited opportunities). While I'd prefer he spend less time tweeting, I'm glad he's positive and excited by his teams performance. Sounds like a guy that wants to get in on the fun. I'm hopeful that his alleged hard work will pay off in time.

When we signed Woodhead, wasnt he contributing that week? Ocho has had 3x as long.

Ha ha. Let's see what a competitor he is. Nothing wrong with a little razzing from one that's been there IMO. It's not like these guys don't know each other. Let's rise to the occasion, trains leaving the station.

Last edited:
Tedy the blowhard strikes again.

It's a complicated offense Tedy. It takes more than a month to learn.

Says the guy who took three entire seasons to become a contributing player on defense. :rolleyes:

Give him a little time, Teddy, there was a lockout, remember?

jeez. It was only wk 1. Lets ALL back off. If he only has 3 catches by wk 3, then we know it wasnt just the game plan. Till then, im reserving judgment. :cool:

Ted's out of line here.

Tedi has his work cut out to try and shed the image that he is a Patriots homer and ESPN does love manufactured controversy.

Like it or not, Tedi's loyalty now lies with a sports 'news' organisation - he'll do what it takes, say what it takes, to keep them pay checks rolling in.

On one hand, intellectually, I actually agree with part of what he is saying - on the other, Bruschi sounds trite and inane by making such a huge deal about it.

Has Bruschi pored over the game tape to see what sort of coverages Ocho was facing when he was on the field?

Chad has had a type of wide-eyed awe since he joined the Patriots - he HAS been pounding the playbooks but its an awfully tough assignment to get up to speed with such a complicated and diverse offense.

The good thing is Chad has thick skins, this is something we know for sure - if we do hear anything from him (via twitter etc) it'll be complimentary towards Bruschi.

Until Chad shows NE that he is still not living in the Chad T.O. Show and the Dancing with the stars stuff along with all the extracurricular activity he loves and cherishes,you will hear this stuff over and over until he does something about it.

The circus life is over...he is a Patriot,now has to play like one.

If he as anything left in the tank he better show it soon or he may not last long on a team that has blatantly shown they really don't need him unless they want a stand up comedy show in the locker room

Re: Bruschi slams ocho

Rank idiocy.

Bruschi isn't a player anymore; he's a member of the all-too-large sports media. Remember the days when it was a sports journalist's job to report on the game? Not anymore. It's their - his - job to create controversy, fill a 24-hour sports news cycle, and get page hits / viewers / listeners. So he takes aim at an easy target and lets loose. Bravo. Hacky hit-job successful, it seems.

And let's take a closer look at this 'controversy', shall we? Everyone - Coach, Brady - says that Ocho has been working his ass off. No minicamp, no playbook, etc etc - it's all been said before. First game, he's used MUCH less than everyone (no doubt including Ocho himself) expects. Does he whine? Complain? Question? No, he gets back to Boston and expresses excitement at his team's performance. What as *&^$$%*(, right? :eek:

You don't think this guy just wants to blow the ^%$& up and show all the doubters and haters they are wrong? You don't think he's working his ass off so he can shine on the biggest stage he's ever seen?

All the Ocho hate is disappointing, but it isn't surprising. Fans, just like the sports media, always need something to whine about.

Excellent point. IF he is not making waves or becoming a cancer, he deserves more time.

Probably the stupidest thing out of Bruschi since he joined the media.

Bruschi needs to chil out it's not a big Deal he just said it was amazing to watch, if Ocho is not puting up big numbers on the field it's not cause he's not working hard or Dose not know the playbook it's because he's just not the same WR he once was he's on a team with lots of talent at WR TE and RB so give the guy some time he's still a big upgrade over Tate

He was acquired after the lockout ended. I sure as hell was not expecting a first time performance on par with what Randy Moss did to the Jets. All Ocho has to do is be available to make a play when Brady needs him. The question is how often will Brady need him when people are going to have such a hard time dealing with the tight ends.

Ridley must have to get with the program now as well, and stop being a fan damnit!

Stevan Ridley
"That's why they say he is best QB in the game!! As for me, it's all in Gods timing! No head hanging here just watching and learning! All in due time baby!!! #ontothenextone"

:rolleyes:

p.e.d.,,,,,,,

What is 'p.e.d?'

Peformance enhancing drugs?--although that doesn't really fit the context..

Just curious, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye