PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi to Ochocinco: 'Join the system, buddy'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bruschis take on the Miami game

Always a great read! Thanks!

Re: Bruschi slams ocho

That is great!

Tedy is right on. Enough with how great it is to be a NE Patriot. Go out and pull your weight Ocho on the field. Youve been given a golden opportunity.

That is a tad too harsh.

I love Tedy...but I think he has to relax just a bit.

week one and he's getting killed...players are really going to want to play here haha

Haha a bit harsh but necessary nonetheless. Love my main man #54

Rank idiocy.

Bruschi isn't a player anymore; he's a member of the all-too-large sports media. Remember the days when it was a sports journalist's job to report on the game? Not anymore. It's their - his - job to create controversy, fill a 24-hour sports news cycle, and get page hits / viewers / listeners. So he takes aim at an easy target and lets loose. Bravo. Hacky hit-job successful, it seems.

And let's take a closer look at this 'controversy', shall we? Everyone - Coach, Brady - says that Ocho has been working his ass off. No minicamp, no playbook, etc etc - it's all been said before. First game, he's used MUCH less than everyone (no doubt including Ocho himself) expects. Does he whine? Complain? Question? No, he gets back to Boston and expresses excitement at his team's performance. What as *&^$$%*(, right? :eek:

You don't think this guy just wants to blow the ^%$& up and show all the doubters and haters they are wrong? You don't think he's working his ass off so he can shine on the biggest stage he's ever seen?

All the Ocho hate is disappointing, but it isn't surprising. Fans, just like the sports media, always need something to whine about.

Something tells me Bruschi got a phone call from his old coach asking for a little help getting to his $5 million dollar toy. :)

Love Bruschi, but he is out of line. Its not his place as an analyst to speak to a player as if he were his teammate.
Its worse because its a Patriot and who he is. I am sure that many people will think that BB planted the words in his ear.

That is a tad too harsh.

Agreed. I wasn't a fan of the trade. It seemed like a lot of money for a WR who's slipping. That said, I'd like to give him a bit more time.

If all he has to go on is that tweet, then that's pretty pathetic.

Its not his place as an analyst to speak to a player as if he were his teammate.

His place?

He's on ESPN for ***** sake. If there was ever a place to 'say whatever you want, especially if it generates ratings'.....

Love Bruschi, but he is out of line. Its not his place as an analyst to speak to a player as if he were his teammate.
Its worse because its a Patriot and who he is. I am sure that many people will think that BB planted the words in his ear.

then a reporter will ask Ocho what he thinks about what Teddy said and if Ocho is not careful with his words, a great chasm forms...
The more i think about it, the more I don't like what he said.

I am sure very soon that Florio guy will pick this up and run the hell with it. I don't go to that site, has this hit over there yet?

Last edited:
Am I really the only one who thought it was a really stupid thing for Ochocinco to tweet?

I'm all for players having personalities/fun/etc., but at some point, when all of your teammates are saying things like "we did some things well but we have things to work on" and "we're focusing on San Diego now", he's tweeting about how awe-inspiring watching the offense from the sideline was?

I'm willing to give the guy plenty of leeway in terms of learning the offense, and I have no problem with his snap count being low considering the no-huddle attack that was used in a TE-centric offense.

But Bruschi is right. He's acting like a fan.

I really hope Chad doesn't respond to this, show Tedy what you're about on the field not twitter.

wow......

It's true but he will come around

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back