PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi: Potential Coach?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice Cold Bruschi

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
Now that Tedy has moved on from playing, do you think theres any chance he stays on as a coach? If not this year then in the future?

Yes (and it will be for the Pats)

Madden franchise mode has been predicting this for several years.

Now that Tedy has moved on from playing, do you think theres any chance he stays on as a coach? If not this year then in the future?

I think he is going to enjoy being a father for his little guys and will look at opportunities in a couple seasons.

I doubt it, he is so well spoken I bet he ends up in broadcasting. Coaching is a lot of hours and he'll be spending those with his kids.

Let's see...as a Pats coach work at least 12 hours a day, often more, during pre-season and regular season or put in a few hours a week in the broadcast booth. What to do?

I doubt it, he is so well spoken I bet he ends up in broadcasting. Coaching is a lot of hours and he'll be spending those with his kids.

IIRC, the "Backerhood" article in SI suggested that he's at least considered coaching, although he'd probably prefer to do it at the college level rather than the NFL.

If I had to guess, if he works for the Pats this year, it'll be in some sort of PR capacity.

He should coach at the high school level and make MA into a more respectful football state.

High school football is still pure.

Maybe someday he will replace Gino...

To me it sounded like he said that he's in a coaching mindset and was seeing things from coaches' eyes more than a player's eyes...him going into coaching would be natural for him and help the team out if they want him to do it.

If he takes a year off I don't blame him though, he has earned it ;)

He should coach at the high school level and make MA into a more respectful football state.

Would be nice to get some good headlines after the Danny Villa rape case :mad:

I bet the first year is more motivational speaking, dabbling in broadcasting, healing aches and pains, spending time w/ his family, and having discussions about future seasons' ventures.

I agree with those that say he'll probably take a year or two off, away from the game as far as coaching, maybe even broadcasting goes. Spend more time with the family and being a Dad and looking at the situation in a year or two to see where he wants to be. Coaching is a lot more hours than being in the broadcast booth, but who knows he may want to be more involved if he does take a year or so off.

I would love to see him back coaching, because you know he'll put everything he has into it.

It's not college or pros but it's not ivory snow either, at least here in Pennsylvania at the eastern end of the state. There is plenty of shenanigans, some reported, some not so much.....

I'd love to see him be a Patriots Coach, for sure. What a classy guy!

Agree. I'll bet he's fielding offers now to be a color commentatator ala Howie Long. He'd be a natural.

Agree. I'll bet he's fielding offers now to be a color commentatator ala Howie Long. He'd be a natural.

Let's just hope he doesn't start pimping for Chevy.

Let's just hope he doesn't start pimping for Chevy.

Nothing wrong with pimping for Chevy.

This, OTOH. . . . :eek:

552981889_cae7c195cc_m.jpg

If there is no lucrative TV deal waiting for him, then yes - He will coach.

Don't kid yourselves about broadcasting being easy. The good national broadcasters spend hours watching film, speaking to players and coaches, anaylzing material, and traveling. I am sure he could do it, but, it is not something you just show up for on game day and then leave only to come back a week later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes