Welcome to PatsFans.com

Bruschi Podcast:Colts the most dangerous matchup for pats

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by SVN, Dec 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +46 / 0 / -0

2. Brady_to_Moss

Brady_to_Moss Revis Island is here PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +463 / 5 / -1

#95 Jersey

The last team i want to face is the colts
  3. Bobs My Uncle

Bobs My Uncle PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +34 / 7 / -1

#12 Jersey

I don't believe any defense in the AFC can stop the Pats on offense. Therefore, any team that can match the Pats offense - points for points - is a dangerous foe to face. And the Colts are that on the AFC side. None of the other AFC teams worry me in this regard.
  4. Patriots Nation NY

Patriots Nation NY Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

why is at that all the "other" teams are the most "dangerous" or .. ohh, you don't want to face them in the playoffs ... When are the Pats going to be the team no one wants to face in the playoffs ..? lol .. Been hearing the same ole song and dance with the Ravens ... Ohh, don't wanna face them ... Oh Oh ... One Lombardi to show for it ... rant over , carry on ..
  5. robertweathers

robertweathers Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I talk to the smart fans in BAL, Pitt and Indy and I can tell you that they want no part of coming to Foxboro in January. They are all hoping that in the divisional game, the kids get nervous and choke.
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  6. dex13

dex13 Rookie

Ratings:
    +5 / 3 / -1

I would actually agree with this and in the NFC, its the Pack and the Saints but I'm sure that the Pats are on every teams list as the team they don't want to face in the playoffs. :D
  7. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

Not me! The last team I want to face is in the NFC. If we face the Colts last than we lost in the division or championship round.
  8. Ice_Ice_Brady

Ice_Ice_Brady Rookie

Ratings:
    +80 / 2 / -1

The Pats could lose to the Carolina Panthers on any given Sunday. However, when picking the most dangerous teams to matchup against, I'm not buying Indy.

They beaten one probable playoff team this year (KC). In their last three games, they have one double digit win (10 points over Jacksonville, on a late onside kick return.)

In their last three games, which were "must-win", they've played two at home and faced three unremarkable QBs... they've won by an average of 6.3 ppg.

I'm not surprised that Indy is going to be in the playoffs, even after that tough start, but I'm pretty surprised that their play has not picked up. They've squeaked by with an easy schedule, considering their AFC Championship last year.
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2010
  9. robertweathers

robertweathers Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

My preference is to face the least balanced team first and the most balanced team last. Balance being offense, defense, special teams, coaching, running game, pass defense, run defense....

Most Balanced to Least Balanced
    1. Baltimore
    2. Pitt
    3. KC
    4. Indy
    5. NYJ
  10. TheGodInAGreyHoodie

TheGodInAGreyHoodie Rookie

Ratings:
    +25 / 0 / -0

My preference is to face an NFC team last, two AFC teams than an NFC team.
  11. robertweathers

robertweathers Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Ha. Mine too. :D
  12. sieglo

sieglo Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

Of all the teams that scare me in the playoffs, Saints scare me the most. Second place goes to the Colts.
  13. fxkane

fxkane Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

The Packers and Saints in the NFC would be very tough. I don't know about the AFC, but i gotta go with Pittsburgh--tho this is more gut feeling than logic. But I guess it's the their playmakers on both sides of ball and general toughness. In any case, I bet that we do play them for the championship.
  14. letekro

letekro Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 2 / -3

I used to think Ravens due to their balance, but now I'm leaning towards the colts. Getting Addai and Brackett back is big for them and their D always seems to come up with the big stop against us. The great thing is, we won't have to play baltimore AND Indy, and if the Jets win, we probably won't have to play either.
  15. patsfaninpittsburgh

patsfaninpittsburgh Banned

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I agree. If you don't want to face a team in the playoffs; don't go to the playoffs.

The Colts are dangerous in that they do one thing very well. However, that tends to have impact in the wildcard round.

The Ravens seem to have the best balance in all phases.

So do the Colts not want to see the Ravens or is it the other way around.

Frankly, our improvement vs the Colts improvement since the November game has been more pronounced. I think beating the Packers with 2 available Dline is more impressive than beating Tennessee.

My most "dangerous" team would be the team that could get turnovers. Therefore, I would vote the Ravens.
  16. denverpatsfan

denverpatsfan PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well they better get ready then because that's who they are going to face in their 1st game. Baltimore keeps it close but costly penalties cost them in the end. The league wants Colts-Pats. Chiefs-Pats. Eagles-Falcons. Then hopefully Pats-Eagles. Best ratings. Don't underestimate the power of a bad penalty or 2...
  17. PatsBoy12

PatsBoy12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +50 / 0 / -0

I don't disagree at all. I'm still rooting for them to NOT make it.
  18. PATRIOTSFANINPA

PATRIOTSFANINPA Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

The Ravens have made life miserable for Brady and his offense and other than the 2 losses the Pats have,the Ravens were able to contain Brady to an acceptible level for the 2nd time in a row.

The Ravens have the defense it takes to make it tough on the Pats offense like no other AFC team including the Colts
  19. Imperator

Imperator Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

The 2010 New England Patriots have the capability to beat the snot out of any team in the league, they've proven this in their many games crushing quality opposition. And they also have the mental toughness to win close, hard-fought battles as they've also proven. The only loses came early in the season when the team was still finding an identity and when they were caught sleeping. The playoffs are near, so I don't see neither happening. If The Colts comes to Foxborough, I'm confident The Pats will be the better team once again.
  20. Deus Irae

Deus Irae PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,167 / 52 / -64

Disable Jersey

From the team that concerns me most, to the team that concerns me least:

Ravens
    Steelers
    Jets
    Colts
    Chiefs
Thread Status: