PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi picking Oakland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Triumph

Hall of Fame Poster
Reaction score
Tedy: I'm picking the Raiders in this game and let me tell you why. Until the Patriots show they can stop an opposing offense on a consistent basis, there will continue to be cause for concern. Four-hundred-and-sixty-eight yards a game is nothing to be proud of. The Oakland Raiders are the best team in the NFL at running the ball and they have one of the best front fours in the game. That formula sounds familiar to me. The Raiders win this game on a last-second Sebastian Janikowski 50-yard-plus field goal. Raiders 27 Patriots 24

While I hate to say he has a point, I still pick Pats to win. The raiders may have the best running game but those corners can't keep up with Brady and this offense.

We have to be better stopping the run even though we havent been terrible is that aspect of the defense.

Thanks, Tedy. Seriously. Way to say to your former team "you're not as good as we were...prove me wrong!". Hopefully, that'll light the competitive fire!

I'm gonna pick the Raiders too. having shootouts every week, while exciting, does not inspire confidence.

Thanks, Tedy. Seriously. Way to say to your former team "you're not as good as we were...prove me wrong!". Hopefully, that'll light the competitive fire!

He's definately been good with that these few weeks :rolleyes:

Ha. This is pretty funny considering the Raiders defense is just as bad as ours.

Wow Bruschi has the opposite prediction as me. I have gostowski winning it for the pats 27-24. I could see oakland winning this though. McFadden could have a big day. Hopefully Fat albert being back helps the run d.

I hate that Tedy is part of the media now. It makes it hard to know if his remarks are agenda driven or sincere. Its a shame because he was one of my favorite players. Now he is an ESPN shill. All we need now is for him to proclaim that the players 'hate their coach'.

Its a very one-sided view to point to the weakness of one team and use that to make your prediction while ignoring the weaknesses of the other team. Who have the Raiders proved they could stop?
Before the Buffalo game Tedy was not making those comments, so they apparently higne on that perfomance, and the Raiders defense was even worse against the Bills.
So until the Raiders prove they can stop anyone..............

To me Bruschi is just another sports commentator -sometimes I think all they want to do is stir things up.

Now don't get me wrong Bruschi was one of my favorite players but as a commentator -well lets just say I can take him or leave him just like the rest.

I have to think that Warren,Wilfork and Haynesworth should be able to slow down the Raiders OL enough to hold McFadden to a sub par performance...if they can't, it will be a long day for the Pats Defense......

Do they run a 3-4 more often?

questions...questions....

Brady has to have gotten the Bills fiasco out of his system...lightning doesn't usually strike twice in a row......

This game will be a yardstick to see how the Pats measure up vs Jets.....

You have to admire a man for telling it just the way it is.

Nah. I don't really care about Bruschi's predictions, nor those of anyone else in the media, for that matter.

After last week, it's not shocking that people would take a "prove it" approach to the Patriots defense.

Tedy: I'm picking the Raiders in this game and let me tell you why. Until the Patriots show they can stop an opposing offense on a consistent basis, there will continue to be cause for concern. Four-hundred-and-sixty-eight yards a game is nothing to be proud of. The Oakland Raiders are the best team in the NFL at running the ball and they have one of the best front fours in the game. That formula sounds familiar to me. The Raiders win this game on a last-second Sebastian Janikowski 50-yard-plus field goal. Raiders 27 Patriots 24

{Deep Voice & sounds of labored heavy breathing}
"Welcome to the Dark Side of the Force, Tedy!"

So where does Tedy come up with a dreadful, can't stop anyone secondary like Oakland's keeping us at 24 points?

Maybe Tedy can tweet the answer.

I agree with Bruschi

Which sucks

:bricks:

Tedy's using motivational techniques on his favorite team through his new media outlet, we've seen this before. hmm, something about a jets game.

Go Pats!!!:rocker:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes