PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi: Moss not a quitter

Status
Not open for further replies.
2. Randy Moss follow-up. There is a difference between frustration and someone quitting on a team. I can speak only from the experience of being a teammate of Randy Moss -- he is the type of player I want to be my teammate, and I'm proud to say I was a teammate of Moss. He works hard, and he only wants to win. Yes, he got frustrated Sunday. You've seen frustration on every player's face before, but I think everyone looks a bit closer at Moss because of his history. As his teammate, I saw nothing but hard work and dedication from him.

It gets better and better. Let me start it out for the naysayers...

"Bruschi is just a nice guy, but he's lying"

Personally he looks somewhat bothered by that back injury... looks very stiff.

Sorry for the hijack, but this part of Bruschi's comments really jumped out at me:

"Players have a saying for this: "Don't take the cheese." But Meriweather took the cheese and jumped the over route again. The job title is safety, which means last line of defense. In certain coverages, the safety is the only player in the deep middle of the field and has to stay there. "

What part of this concept is so hard to understand by the "James Sanders sux, takes bad angles, is always late in coverage", etc crowd? :confused:

Sanders is listed as a FS/WS so I would expect him to have deep responsibility in most coverages. Meriweather is listed as a SS, so I would expect him to have responsibility for strong side zone underneath or man coverage on the Y, except in cover 2/2 deep coverages.

JMHO!

Last edited by a moderator:
It gets better and better. Let me start it out for the naysayers...

"Bruschi is just a nice guy, but he's lying"

Tedy hasn't been with this team since camp. And while there is a difference between quitting and not being capable of fighting through adversity or hurt feelings, the end result is often the same.

Last edited:
Sorry for the hijack, but this part of Bruschi's comments really jumped out at me:

"Players have a saying for this: "Don't take the cheese." But Meriweather took the cheese and jumped the over route again. The job title is safety, which means last line of defense. In certain coverages, the safety is the only player in the deep middle of the field and has to stay there. "

What part of this concept is so hard to understand by the "James Sanders sux, takes bad angles, is always late in coverage", etc crowd? :confused:

It's because that crowd tends to be pretty ignorant JMarr; no more, no less.

As for the whole Moss thing, I think I've finally figured it out. Now that Maroney is playing well, and Thomas is on the bench, Pats fans need someone to tear into. Maroney has left a ridicule vacuum, and a bunch of clueless fans have no idea how to fill it, so they're just going to take it to Moss since he's had a couple of bad games since he got hurt.

It's an immutable law of Boston sports: clearly, at any given time, *someone* must be absolutely terrible, not a 'real player', made of glass, and not long for the team. When these assumptions are so conclusively proven wrong that even the blindest idiot can no longer claim them, rather than learning their lesson these folks just move on to someone else.

Last edited:
It's because that crowd tends to be pretty ignorant JMarr; no more, no less.

As for the whole Moss thing, I think I've finally figured it out. Now that Maroney is playing well, and Thomas is on the bench, Pats fans need someone to tear into. Maroney has left a ridicule vacuum, and a bunch of clueless fans have no idea how to fill it, so they're just going to take it to Moss since he's had a couple of bad games since he got hurt.

It's an immutable law of Boston sports: clearly, at any given time, *someone* must be absolutely terrible, not a 'real player', made of glass, and not long for the team. When these assumptions are so conclusively proven wrong that even the blindest idiot can no longer claim them, rather than learning their lesson these folks just move on to someone else.

In other words, the Bill Simmons rule. When proven wrong, blame someone else until they prove you wrong and so forth.

In other words, the Bill Simmons rule. When proven wrong, blame someone else until they prove you wrong and so forth.

Exactly- it's no coincidence that Simmons is (or at least claims to be) a Boston fan.

Exactly- it's no coincidence that Simmons is (or at least claims to be) a Boston fan.

All season, he has looked to different places to place blame on something. Anything and basically say "that's why we suck!". First, it was because Brady now loves the Hollywood lifestyle over football. Then, it was the safeties, then he praises McGowan, Meriweather, and Chung. Then it was the cornerbacks, then he praises Butler and Bodden. Next up, everyone's favorite, Maroney. Going as far as to say "cut his ass, I hate him!". Now, not a peep. Now, Moss sucks and is no longer a threat. I'm sorry, did he not just have a 50+ yard TD against Miami.

I'm just posting this because this is exactly the type of posts that have been here all season.

(I am a fan of Simmons, I just don't take ANYTHING he mentions about football seriously)

All season, he has looked to different places to place blame on something. Anything and basically say "that's why we suck!". First, it was because Brady now loves the Hollywood lifestyle over football. Then, it was the safeties, then he praises McGowan, Meriweather, and Chung. Then it was the cornerbacks, then he praises Butler and Bodden. Next up, everyone's favorite, Maroney. Going as far as to say "cut his ass, I hate him!". Now, not a peep. Now, Moss sucks and is no longer a threat. I'm sorry, did he not just have a 50+ yard TD against Miami.

I'm just posting this because this is exactly the type of posts that have been here all season.

(I am a fan of Simmons, I just don't take ANYTHING he mentions about football seriously)

Hahaha, same here. I just finished his Book of Basketball a couple days ago, and I loved it. The guy knows basketball inside and out, but even his fans have to just accept that he knows legitimately nothing about the NFL. FFS, his wife kicked his ass picking against the spread, and she doesn't even watch football.

Also, you forgot that Bill Simmons is also blaming everything on the fact that Belichick has lost his touch and is no longer a great coach.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back