PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi - makes kids dream come true

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love it! And I love his attitude. On a team of selfless players, Tedy Bruschi may be the most selfless of them all.

I love that Tedy told him to put his fingerprints on the trophy "so we know you were here." Very sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great story. I actually cant wait to see it on ESPN.

According to protocol, Ozzy Osbourne’s “Crazy Train†was blaring from the sound system and announcer John Rooke introduced “Andrew Geracoulis of yooooooour New England Patriots!â€
Imagine the rush that kid must have felt! Wow.

Nice story.

Bruschi is pure class.......like most of the Pats players. I remember reading one article about Tom Brady and a youngster that made me get teary eyed, and of course Charlie Weiss' Notre Dame story running a play called by someone who was dying from cancer. Sometimes people forget the personal side of football, and think that all of these warriors are just money hungry bums.

Growing up in NYC, I'll never forget the day Joe Namath was kind enough to throw the ball to me as a youngster (after a practice where he probably threw 200 passes), most of the players in the NFL are very calssy people.

ya

Nice read, thanks! Bruschi is a class act and I am proud to have him on the pats!:cool:

Beats a trip to Disney any day!!

PS... If you'd like to hear Tedy's speech at RI Italian American Hall of Fame awards, check out the lastest podcast... (He's on at about 14:00) You can listen right on the site with the pupu player (streaming audio) with the popup window while you do other things... (Better yet, subscribe now if you don't want to miss any training camp podcasts!!)

www.patriotworldpodcast.com

Last edited:
bruschifan1 said:
Beats a trip to Disney any day!!

PS... If you'd like to hear Tedy's speech at RI Italian American Hall of Fame awards, check out the lastest podcast... (He's on at about 14:00) You can listen right on the site with the pupu player (streaming audio) with the popup window while you do other things... (Better yet, subscribe now if you don't want to miss any training camp podcasts!!)

www.patriotworldpodcast.com

Mrs B's training camp podcasts........aaahhhhh, yes! One of the great things in life - Right up there with three day weekends, the NFL Network and (real) rum raisin ice cream.

It's getting a little dusty in here.

"Put your hands on them and leave your fingerprints so we'll know you were here"

Man, how fortunate we are to have Bruschi. I wasn't much older than that kid when I first heard about Bruschi at ASU. I had only read about his record-breaking sack numbers and yet couldn't understand why he wasn't considered to be pre-ordained for NFL superstardom. Now that I understand things a little better and have the luxury of hindsight, I still don't have an answer to that.

The heart is a mysterious creature. As fast and as hard as it must have been beating that day, that little boy's heart has all my own's best, as does #54.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back