PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi, Izzo, Faulk, and Paxton carry Lombardi into Fenway

Status
Not open for further replies.

pats1

PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/extras/extra_bases/2008/04/pregame_ceremon_1.html

The pregame ceremony featured an array of athletes from the Bruins, Celtics, and Patriots, who carried the world championship rings that were presented to the 2007 Red Sox.

Boston Bruins
John 'Johnny' Bucyk
Ken Hodge
Donald 'Don' Marcotte
John 'Johnny' McKenzie
Bobby Orr

Boston Celtics
Danny Ainge
M.L. Carr
John Havlicek
K.C. Jones
Bill Russell
Jo Jo White

New England Patriots
Tedy Bruschi
Kevin Faulk
Larry Izzo
Lonnie Paxton

Boston Red Sox
Brian Daubach
Curtis Leskanic
Dave McCarty

The champions from each of the four Boston sports franchises were accompanied by one of the championship trophies that each of those franchises won.

The Stanley Cup: National Hockey League
The Larry O'Brien Trophy: National Basketball Association
The Lombardi Trophy: National Football League
The Commissioner's Trophy: Major League Baseball

2297a150b65a305838125853e7bcd688-getty-80324367eg020_detroit_tiger.jpg

lets hope our drought isnt as long as the celtics and bruins

Screw that, let's hope our drought wasn't as long as the Red Sox' before the 2004 WS.

Screw that, let's hope our drought wasn't as long as the Red Sox' before the 2004 WS.

Screw that, the first guy had it right lets hope we don't have to wait 20 years and counting like the celts. If we get close to the pre 04 sox than I am killing myself if I am not already dead.

Can you imagine the ovation Bruschi would have got if the Patriots had won the Superbowl and he then he retired?

Can you imagine the ovation Bruschi would have got if the Patriots had won the Superbowl and he then he retired?

Well, they set up chairs for the guys and had them watch the ceremonies. I can only imagine what the four were thinking.

Well, they set up chairs for the guys and had them watch the ceremonies. I can only imagine what the four were thinking.

Bruschi: "One more year..."
Izzo: "One more year..."
Paxton: "One more year..."
Faulk: "I'm so high..."

Nice photo! Only in that company do NFL linebackers look like midgets.

What? No Roush/Fenway Stock Car? What a jip! :)

man, i just watched buckner's first pitch on youtube, and i got chills. i dont have any affiliation with the sox. im not a fan at all. but that was great stuff. i really feel bad that something so trivial as a baseball game could cause so much trouble in one mans life. i hope now all that is over for him.

lets hope our drought isnt as long as the celtics and bruins

Let's hope our run is 1/4 as good as the Celtics (or more).

By the way, having been a fan of all teams at one time or another (hockey only for that golden team, not a fan of winter) The Celtic and Bruins contingent gives me chills, the Sox and Pats, meh.

Just saying they didn't bring their greats (except Bru).

Where were Hannah, Grogan, Clayborn, Brady? Moss would have been nice.

Orr Russel and Hondo...would have loved to see Yaz too.

Last edited:
Let's hope our run is 1/4 as good as the Celtics (or more).

By the way, having been a fan of all teams at one time or another (hockey only for that golden team, not a fan of winter) The Celtic and Bruins contingent gives me chills, the Sox and Pats, meh.

Just saying they didn't bring their greats (except Bru).

Where were Hannah, Grogan, Clayborn, Brady? Moss would have been nice.

Orr Russel and Hondo...would have loved to see Yaz too.

I think the reason you didn't see the older Pats players and Moss was because the theme was Boston Champions. Brady is probably somewhere on the French Riviera with Giselle.

I think the reason you didn't see the older Pats players and Moss was because the theme was Boston Champions. Brady is probably somewhere on the French Riviera with Giselle.

Yeah, I just thought of that. I just get a little misty when I see those all time greats on the field, though.
Brady is probably somewhere on the French Riviera with Giselle.

Pursuing the Marvin Gaye cure for what ails him. You go Tom, never mind the haters, that's what i say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes