PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi Is Milking It For All It's Worth

Status
Not open for further replies.
WEEI replayed the Tedster's latest breathless pontifications. I laughed out loud when Bru stated that he checked with some of his past teammates to see what they thought of his comments...."Once Rodney and Vrabel and myself stopped sucking on each others toes I asked my boys if I was wrong about Ocho. Nah, they agreed 100% with me". See, see I knew I was right ...:D

Who'd ya think Bru talked to??? Anybody on offense?? I guarantee it wasn't Troy Brown or Tom Brady.

Troy has made some fairly pointed comments about Ocho.

I don't understand why people trash Tedy Bruschi in order to defend Ochocinco's right to tweet garbage while not learning the playbook. I guess if your interest lies more in being entertained by following tweets than watching football games being won, then Ochocinco is a natural.

For me, Ochocinco is the worst FA signing since AD. At least AD knew where to line up, and didn't start yapping his B.S. for a year or so.
Overreaction of the year? The dude's played ONE game.

The plane got back from Miami at 5am that morning.

Where did you get this information that Wilfork and Brady got off the team bus in Foxboro and went right to work? if that is true, then I am amazed (and awed!) at this superhuman performance without sleep - - and as a fan of the team, would wish they would take care of their bodies better.

On Tuesday morning Brady did his regular stint on the D&C show at 9 in the morning from Gillette.

What does that have to do with the price of eggs?

You dont think they still have a direct line into that locker room?

I dont think he would have been so passionate about it if he didnt know what was being said behind closed doors. He sounded like a guy who probably knows a little more than most about the situation down there.

Then again, who knows... maybe he was just out of line and said for shock value.

You can't be that dumb.

Since when did Tedy's antics jive with the Patriot way?

He's an ESPN analyst and can say what he wants.
He also doing his employer right. Who's paying him to police our team's lockerroom?

Likewise, the astute portion of the fanbase are perfectly entitled to call out an esteemed FORMER player for being a disruptive self promoting shister.

Breaking News: E!SPN analyst makes himself the story.:rolleyes:

I love Tedy, but he plays for E!SPN now.

Guy makes a spontaneous rant on EEI Tuesday, instead of fading it becomes a national story, when R Harrison talks about it, of course his employer (ESPN) wants him to comment.

The guy LOVES the Pats and want Ocho to help them be successful. He like Rodney says what he feels instead of trying to be pc.

You do realize that Tedy and Rodney are no longer on the team?

Bill Russell was never on the team. In fact he never played professional football. Yet Belichick made a point of having him speak to the team early in the championship years. Wonder why?

This is one of those things like when your brother gets into a fist fight with someone and they are in the wrong... You know they are wrong, but it doesnt matter. You have their back anyway.

When it comes down to it... Bruschi is family... Chad Johnson is just another guy. :shrug:
Not sure the "family" analogy is a good one. Your statement would be correct if this were 2004... but last time I checked in the here and now, Chad Johnson is the one who puts a Patriots uniform on and Bruschi is the one working for the media.

I guarantee you this: Belichick would have rather Bruschi said nothing than blowing the whole thing out of proportion like he did. But, in Bruschi's defense, it not his job to listen to Belichick anymore so he was just doing what he gets paid to do.

Not sure the "family" analogy is a good one. Your statement would be correct if this were 2004... but last time I checked in the here and now, Chad Johnson is the one who puts a Patriots uniform on and Bruschi is the one working for the media.

I guarantee you this: Belichick would have rather Bruschi said nothing than blowing the whole thing out of proportion like he did. But, in Bruschi's defense, it not his job to listen to Belichick anymore so he was just doing what he gets paid to do.

Exactly.

People would do well to recognize Brady is no longer his teammate. Gregg Easterbrooke is.

What happens if by midseason Chad has just 200 yards receiving and 2 TDs?

The Tedy was right stories will begin,let's not say he is wrong yet...maybe a bit early on the attack,but he has not been proven right OR wrong....yet.

Last edited:
I am not turning on Bruschi. He is still my favorite Patriot ever. I just think he is overblowing this issue. It is an ESPN trait to continue to push a story that is controversial. I really don't blame Tedy for that.

And you hate controversey, especially when it involves the Pats... I'm pretty sure if ESPN was running the same story about the Jets you'd have a slightly different take. :rolleyes:

I think the bottom-line is, Ocho is obviously not impressing anybody up there, Bruschi has ties to the team, he knows what is going on, IMO, he's doing this to send a message from outside the team, since it is apparent the team leadership hasn't pulled him aside yet...

This will probably only ramp up the Moss rumors...

And you hate controversey, especially when it involves the Pats... I'm pretty sure if ESPN was running the same story about the Jets you'd have a slightly different take. :rolleyes:

I think the bottom-line is, Ocho is obviously not impressing anybody up there, Bruschi has ties to the team, he knows what is going on, IMO, he's doing this to send a message from outside the team, since it is apparent the team leadership hasn't pulled him aside yet...

It is none of Bruschi's business to light a fire under anyone or "send a message from outside the team". All he has done is create a huge distraction over a tweet in which Ochocinco was praising the team.

If he had just said something as simple as "hey, ochocinco caught just one pass for 14 yards and he probably doesn't know the playbook... worst signing ever," that would be okay. But he was acting as though he were a coach of the team or something, declaring what Ocho was doing wrong, what he should be doing instead, what he does and does not understand:

Bruschi:
"You're not an analyst. You're a part of it. They want you to be a part of it. So get with the program because obviously you're not getting it and you're tweeting because you're saying, 'It's amazing to see'? It's amazing to see because you don't understand it. You still don't understand it and it's amazing to you because you can't get it."

Well, Tedy, you're an analyst, you're not a part of it. So just DO YOUR JOB and leave the coaching to the coaching staff. There is no reason why you should be speaking in second person to Ochocinco.

In the "for what it's worth department".

Ian Rappaport, in his weekly WEEI spot said that watching Ocho in practice and the game that he actually thinks he's he's pretty close to "getting it". If you watch Ocho's missed pass (he caught 1, was interfered with on one, and the 3rd went off his hands), you can kinda see it.

On that one that went off his hands...... Ocho, is just a millisecond late on turning his head. Just a touch earlier, then he'd have had the catch. I think Ocho is fine....... we, need to get off his back a bit though, and support him as he comes on board. This isn't Joey Galloway, who by all accounts, was never interested in learning the system and getting on the same page.

Uhhh Einstein

I hope you would like stuff that distracts your team's biggest rival and hate stuff that distracts your team.

Did you know water is wet, fire hot, pain hurts?

Tedy is an ESPN analyst creating waves for our team. He's not on the team. As Patriot fans, it should be fully expected that we do not appreciate some ESPN analyst creating this problem in a very un- Patriot Way manor.

It is none of Bruschi's business to light a fire under anyone or "send a message from outside the team". All he has done is create a huge distraction over a tweet in which Ochocinco was praising the team.

If he had just said something as simple as "hey, ochocinco caught just one pass for 14 yards and he probably doesn't know the playbook... worst signing ever," that would be okay. But he was acting as though he were a coach of the team or something, declaring what Ocho was doing wrong, what he should be doing instead, what he does and does not understand:

Bruschi:
"You're not an analyst. You're a part of it. They want you to be a part of it. So get with the program because obviously you're not getting it and you're tweeting because you're saying, 'It's amazing to see'? It's amazing to see because you don't understand it. You still don't understand it and it's amazing to you because you can't get it."

Well, Tedy, you're an analyst, you're not a part of it. So just DO YOUR JOB and leave the coaching to the coaching staff. There is no reason why you should be speaking in second person to Ochocinco.

You cant seriously think this is a HUGE distraction to this team. If you honestly think that, you havent been following this team very long. Its a 2 or 3 day distraction. It'll trickle into the weekend. And Ochocinco will either get it and be prepared to step his total game up or he'll be out the back door. And this team wont miss a beat either way. Huge distraction? Not for a second.

Atleast we have official controversy and not crazy foot fetishes that distract our team. Thats just embarrassing.

What happens if by midseason Chad has just 200 yards receiving and 2 TDs?

The Tedy was right stories will begin,let's not say he is wrong yet...maybe a bit early on the attack,but he has not been proven right OR wrong....yet.

He might be right. And I'm not trying to defend Ocho, but I think you made the key point here in that it is early for his attack. If it was halfway through the season, his criticism would be justified but after one game (that actually matters) it is overreaction and I don't think people are wrong to call him on it. And Bruschi is one of my favorite Pats players, as he is for several people....but if you open the door you have to be ready to deal with what comes through it.

Last edited:
I honestly like that angle that Justin Tuck took to it when asked on NFLN yesterday. He said that he understands where Bruschi is coming from but didn't neccassarily agree with the way he went about dispursing his feelings.

He also provided a good example that when he got to the Giants he looked up to Strahan and couldn't believe he got to finally watch that guy play. I don't think its a big deal when other players look up to other players. What Brady did Monday was unreal and it just happened to be Ocho's first game.

Its not like he was being negative about it, he said something GOOD about his new team and he gets bashed for it. People are such dummies.

Last edited:
You cant seriously think this is a HUGE distraction to this team. If you honestly think that, you havent been following this team very long. Its a 2 or 3 day distraction. It'll trickle into the weekend. And Ochocinco will either get it and be prepared to step his total game up or he'll be out the back door. And this team wont miss a beat either way. Huge distraction? Not for a second.
I imagine Belichick or Brady or Vince or someone on the team basically told Ocho to ignore it and not play into the media game. Which, to his credit, is what Chad did and hopefully he and the rest of the team continues to ignore it and just play football.

Last edited:
Hey Easterbruschi! Look at what Leigh Bodden tweeted last night:
-----------------
" Leigh Bodden
took a break from film to watch the homie on NFL network....... dont know how he would feel about that ... maybe i should dvr it??
----------------

Sic 'em Tedy!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye