PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi Is Milking It For All It's Worth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ocho tweeted about 3:30pm Tues that he had just woken up after the flight home the previous night, then made his in awe comment.

Bruschi was responding in part to the fact that he was just waking up.

Vince Wilfolk was in Foxboro early in the morning doing work, Brady was in Foxboro doing his work, Tedy and Rodney would have been at the stadium a LONG Time before 4pm in the afternoon......... The point is that if you don't understand what is going on go the extra mile and get to the stadium and work.

Bruschi is holding Ocho to the same standard that he and Rodney and those teams held themselves to, the same standard Brady holds himself to.

Tedy was reminding Ocho that this isn't Cinci..

Wow. You must be the ONLY person on this forum who doesn't understand his employer is a central character in all this.

Talk about someone not understanding the obvious!

'How dare you RESORT to attacking ESPN! What an ad hominem attack that is!!!'

Thanks for the comedy, Pujo.
Someone on ESPN can, in spite of themselves, say something smart. Therefore someone's employment at ESPN doesn't automatically make everything they say wrong.

You know this, but, again, you just happen to have an opposite opinion from Tedy Bruschi and somehow think you should be taken more seriously than him. That's a no-go.

Bruschi is 100% right, unfortunately. It doesn't matter if he's working for Al Queda now, he's speaking the truth.
I don't understand why people trash Tedy Bruschi in order to defend Ochocinco's right to tweet garbage while not learning the playbook. I guess if your interest lies more in being entertained by following tweets than watching football games being won, then Ochocinco is a natural.

For me, Ochocinco is the worst FA signing since AD. At least AD knew where to line up, and didn't start yapping his B.S. for a year or so.

Wow. You must be the ONLY person on this forum who doesn't understand his employer is a central character in all this.

Talk about someone not understanding the obvious!

'How dare you RESORT to attacking ESPN! What an ad hominem attack that is!!!'
You do understand that Bruschi's remarks were not made on ESPN? He was on WEEI?

BTW, you shouldn't use quotation marks around stuff you made up. Pujo never said that.

....or maybe he knows the offense really well right now and the Pats just played a 2TE 2WR offensive scheme on Monday night and he is the #3 WR.

This could be a possibility. Bummer he lined up wrong negating a fine reception by Gronk. Kind of wonder why Slater was out there though. Hmmm....where does Price fit in? Should be an interesting month.

I laugh thinking about the folks here that were worried about Branch....LOL!

Last edited:
....or maybe he knows the offense really well right now and the Pats just played a 2TE 2WR offensive scheme on Monday night and he is the #3 WR.

I read this several times since MNF and I dont believe it.

Brady has reads. Why would the Pats not want to get Ocho involved? Especially on a night where they had a big lead. Getting the ball to Ocho is just more thats on film for other teams to worry about when the break down the tape.

If Ocho is open Brady would get him the ball. The Pats are not paying him 5 Mil to watch from sideline

Ocho tweeted about 3:30pm Tues that he had just woken up after the flight home the previous night, then made his in awe comment.

Vince Wilfolk was in Foxboro early in the morning doing work, Brady was in Foxboro doing his work, Tedy and Rodney would have been at the stadium a LONG Time before 4pm in the afternoon......... The point is that if you don't understand what is going on go the extra mile and get to the stadium and work.

Bruschi is holding Ocho to the same standard that he and Rodney and those teams held themselves to, the same standard Brady holds himself to.

EASILY the best post I've read on this topic on any forum.

Good stuff right here boys and girls. Pay attention. :)

BTW, you shouldn't use quotation marks around stuff you made up. Pujo never said that.

So what?

He's there as an ESPN analyst.

The excuses being made for Tedy are really getting pathetic and stupid.

Quit while you are hopelessly behind.

Brady throws for a career high 500 without Ocho against a good Miami D. Can we save the crying until New Years? If we stay healthy all he needs to do is run and catch.

Watch the guy rip SD defense and end this overreaction.

I don't understand why people trash Tedy Bruschi in order to defend Ochocinco's right to tweet garbage while not learning the playbook. I guess if your interest lies more in being entertained by following tweets than watching football games being won, then Ochocinco is a natural.

For me, Ochocinco is the worst FA signing since AD. At least AD knew where to line up, and didn't start yapping his B.S. for a year or so.

Who is AD? Adalius Thomas?

Also, how can you say Ochocinco is the worst free agent signing after just 18 plays in game 1 of the regular season? Ocho signed on with a team with more receiving weapons than any team in the NFL and you expect him to dominate the group. It's situational football.

Sparano made sure the #1 outside receiver, Ochocinco, was covered and Brady took advantage of the matchups to hit the open man. Ocho did his job.

If you watched that game Monday night, the Miami DBs took away the outside stuff and wanted the Pats throwing inside and seam routes so they could get help and prevent big plays. Branch and Ocho were working the sidelines which pulled the DBs with them, so Brady went with the TEs and Welker inside the hash marks. Branch's catches were mostly inside slants and curls on long-yardage downs. Even the 100 yard TD was a quick hitter to the slot that Benny See-Ya-Later Sapp bit on thinking run play or something - who knows what the bleep he was thinking?

Anyway, Welker, Branch, Gronk and Hernandez combined for 28 catches - each with 6 to 8 receptions. Brady went to the open guys and spread it all over the place. Ocho took a DB with him wherever he went opening up the other guys to decimate the Dolphins. He did his job.

Last edited:

1) His follow-up almost 72 hours later (reviving the story as long as possible) was done in the ESPN studios with great fanfare and build-up from the morning on Mike and Mike, Van Pelt's radio show and the venerable Cold Pizza show.

2) Most people understand that one uses " "for direct quotes and ' ' for paraphrasing.

Last edited:
By milking it I hope you're talking about a cow on his cattle farm. Because if you mean his comments, you're wrong.

The plane got back from Miami at 5am that morning.

Where did you get this information that Wilfork and Brady got off the team bus in Foxboro and went right to work? if that is true, then I am amazed (and awed!) at this superhuman performance without sleep - - and as a fan of the team, would wish they would take care of their bodies better.

Brady throws for a career high 500 without Ocho against a good Miami D. Can we save the crying until New Years? If we stay healthy all he needs to do is run and catch.

Watch the guy rip SD defense and end this overreaction.

Then watch Bruschi go on a 12 city speaking tour afterwards claiming credit for lighting the fire under Ochocinco!

You do realize that Tedy and Rodney are no longer on the team?

What does that have to do with the price of eggs?

You dont think they still have a direct line into that locker room?

I dont think he would have been so passionate about it if he didnt know what was being said behind closed doors. He sounded like a guy who probably knows a little more than most about the situation down there.

Then again, who knows... maybe he was just out of line and said for shock value.

Last edited:
WEEI replayed the Tedster's latest breathless pontifications. I laughed out loud when Bru stated that he checked with some of his past teammates to see what they thought of his comments...."Once Rodney and Vrabel and myself stopped sucking on each others toes I asked my boys if I was wrong about Ocho. Nah, they agreed 100% with me". See, see I knew I was right ...:D

Who'd ya think Bru talked to??? Anybody on offense?? I guarantee it wasn't Troy Brown or Tom Brady.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back