PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi interview with Ted Johnson

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard something on WEEI yesterday during the Dale and Mike Parillo show, about how during the fifth quarter that a caller claimed that Ted J made some disparaging comments about BB and his team. Did anyone hear this and is their any validity to this claim??

GJAJ15 said:
I heard something on WEEI yesterday during the Dale and Mike Parillo show, about how during the fifth quarter that a caller claimed that Ted J made some disparaging comments about BB and his team. Did anyone hear this and is their any validity to this claim??
Yes, I was listening to the same on my ride down from NH yesterday. The caller was refering to a post game segment (after NO game), where Bob L, on the Pats Fifth Quarter set, threw a question out to Ted J along the lines of ""If they had lost the game to NO, would BB have "lost" the team"". Ted's responce was Yes!
I do remember that question/answer, and at the time thought it was strange, but didn't see anyone else pick up on it in the news the following days, so didn't really think much about it. This may be a situation of not getting the full answer from Ted J, in that he didn't have an opportunity to fully explain?
Seems hard to believe that with all the vets on this team, that BB would "loose" the team after a tough 1/2 season!

I think TJ is fully engaged in helping the media disparage the Pats, knowing full well they play the "disrespect" card like NO OTHER team in the NFL.

I saw him on the NFL Network with Sterling Sharpe, Rich Eisen and Solomon Wolcotts and he told them that he didn't believe that the Pats could go in and win in Indy. Perhaps he actually believes it, but I think he'd rather say that they can't and count on the fact that they'll use it to their advantage.

That was a fabulous interview. Great nuggets in there.

BTW, TJ was on the NFL Network 2 weeks ago saying he did not believe the Patriots can beat the Colts in the playoffs this year due to the secondary.

I was waiting for Bru to climb all over him for that!

Last edited:
Bertil said:
I think TJ is fully engaged in helping the media disparage the Pats, knowing full well they play the "disrespect" card like NO OTHER team in the NFL.

I saw him on the NFL Network with Sterling Sharpe, Rich Eisen and Solomon Wolcotts and he told them that he didn't believe that the Pats could go in and win in Indy. Perhaps he actually believes it, but I think he'd rather say that they can't and count on the fact that they'll use it to their advantage.

But don't you think that saying that Indy had no heart and that he knew within the first few minute of the game that the colts did not want to play would inspire them? If that is not bulletin board material I don't know what is. Personally, although I loved him as a player, I wish TJ would just quiet down.

Best Interview I've seen...

njpatsfan said:
http://www.cbs4boston.com/[email protected]

Tedy one on one with Ted, on his return, revitalization of the D, Vrabel inside, more .....

Ted: "Tell me something .... the defense is ballin' .... "

Great interview.

-R

That was a great great interview. Maybe it was because they were old teamates,but if TJ can do that with others like he did it with Tedy ,he will earn a very high rep as a media journalist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes