PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi headin' home

Status
Not open for further replies.
let's hope he will return soon (probably 1 week 'out' ?)

anyway this year it has been terrible with so many injuries

let's hope Wilfork and Warren will play @ Oak

Seau and Colvin will be better and better imho

Last edited:
From words this AM...it seems it is serious...NOT good Wish Tedy the best and HOPE that is not true...

From words this AM...it seems it is serious...NOT good Wish Tedy the best and HOPE that is not true...

sucks, and I agree with the piling on of NE fans. You may want to show a bit of respect to those clowns that have not understood what Bru has brought to this team. I am sure that lockeroom would benefit from his continued leadership qualities and experience..

Good luck with the injury TB....heal up soon....

Bruschi has been one of the better blitzers on this team. Not sure what you are watching there. But, yes, he's not been the impact player he was when he was playing the Weak ILB position. But, he's been playing the strong side ILB position (Ted Johnson's old position) since he returned from his stroke.

Guyton didn't look too good out there today. In fact, he was replaced by Colvin at one point.

Seau and Colvin both looked good considering the fact that they had been sitting at home up until this past week.

Boomer nailed it this morning on the radio. Said that BB realized that he'd be better off with slower guys out there who were at least in the right position to prevent big plays (didn't work on the Branch 60 yarder though). The kids still gots some learnin' to do.

When you think about it, guys like Hobson and other FA vets were NEVER able to adapt to a BB LB's strategy. He must ask his LBs to do things that require very rapid thinking and choosing the right specific thing to do vs playing hard on instinct. A similar case could be made for wideouts in this style offence. Talent alone ain't gonna hack it.

Boomer nailed it this morning on the radio. Said that BB realized that he'd be better off with slower guys out there who were at least in the right position to prevent big plays (didn't work on the Branch 60 yarder though). The kids still gots some learnin' to do.

When you think about it, guys like Hobson and other FA vets were NEVER able to adapt to a BB LB's strategy. He must ask his LBs to do things that require very rapid thinking and choosing the right specific thing to do vs playing hard on instinct. A similar case could be made for wideouts in this style offence. Talent alone ain't gonna hack it.
I guess they wanted to bring back Hobson but he signed with Cinci...

Exactly, I think some of the "slow guys" are faster than the rookies in that they will rarely have to compensate for a wrong initial decision.

Man, I would think you guys wouldn't pile onto one of the greatest Patriots ever like this, on a day he was injured no less.

If we didn't know better we'd almost think that some of these mokes are happy Bru is injured.

The only good players came out of those Offensive selections by BB are Matt Light - Deion Branch and Logan Mankins. Daniel Graham was Bust based on where he was selected, they could have got a Blocking TE on Day 2 and not is the First Round...Ben Watson still Sucks! and Nick Kaczur is average at Best. BB has really hit on 3 of 12 Offensive Players that's NOT! a good ration Period! PS Brock Williams was not a TE he was a DB selection.

I think you expect way to much out of drafted players. Not everyone drafted is going to turn into a star and jsut because they dont doesn't make it a bust. Graham, Watson, and Kazcur are by no means busts (Watson being the closest to it) Take a look at true busts like Tony Mandrich and you would be crazy to think those teams wouldn't be happy to get Kaczur type production out of their guy.

IMO you shouldn't call a guy a bust if he consistantly starts in the NFL. Sure especially with your first rounders you hope for more but you really are being unfair if you expect more out of college players.

Bruschi has been one of the better blitzers on this team. Not sure what you are watching there. But, yes, he's not been the impact player he was when he was playing the Weak ILB position. But, he's been playing the strong side ILB position (Ted Johnson's old position) since he returned from his stroke.

Guyton didn't look too good out there today. In fact, he was replaced by Colvin at one point.

Seau and Colvin both looked good considering the fact that they had been sitting at home up until this past week.

Guyton has looked decent playing inside linebacker. Asking him to play
outside linebacker as well may be too much for a rookie.

Bruschi said, "Once I realized that since Dan Pees apparently lost the pages of the playbook where we put pressure on the passer via a pass rush, I wasn't going to be utilized to my strengths. And I wasn't a 3 down LB anymore. So I figured that next time I took any hit to the leg, I'm gonna make a big deal out of it. Look at Tom (Brady) he's siting home having a supermodel care for him. I figured I can't get a supermodel but maybe I could possibly get a Patriots cheerleader or two to massage my throbing member and watch the games on TV." Those wiley vets, always scheming.

Re: Bruschi headin home

oh god not bruschi, i was hoping he'd at least finish the season and not go down this way :(

The only good players came out of those Offensive selections by BB are Matt Light - Deion Branch and Logan Mankins. Daniel Graham was Bust based on where he was selected, they could have got a Blocking TE on Day 2 and not is the First Round...Ben Watson still Sucks! and Nick Kaczur is average at Best. BB has really hit on 3 of 12 Offensive Players that's NOT! a good ration Period! PS Brock Williams was not a TE he was a DB selection.

Thank you for the correction on Williams. I couldn't remember who the 2 TEs were that were selected in 2001. They were Love and Holloway. Both outside the 3rd round.

Now, as for your comments.
1) Graham was not a bust. Particularly if you look back at what his blocking did for this O-line. Go back and count the number of RTs the Pats used from 2002 through 2005. Its disturbing. Also, there is no TE they could have gotten on day 2 that year who was as dominant a blocker as Graham is.

2) Kaczur is a starting RT in the NFL. He may be an average starter, but he's still a starter. And he's played both LT and RT since joining the Patriots. Thats a win for a pick.

3) Ben Watson sucks? What planet do you live on? In case you haven't noticed, the Pats haven't used the TEs much at all the last 3 year. So, not all the blame can go on him.. Has he been a Tony Gonzalez? Nope. But then, there is only one of him..

4) Adrian Klemm won the RT position out of camp every year that he didn't get injured in camp. When he played, he was very good. The problem was that he was injured alot. But they weren't soft tissue injuries. They were some pretty catastrophic ones.

5) Without J.R. Redmond, the Pats don't win the Snow Bowl or the 1st SB.

From where I stand, the Pats are doing better than .500 when drafting offense on the 1st day.

One of the things that you should really think about is the fact that the draft is a crap shoot. You should also remember that catastrophic injuries are not something one can plan for. And its damn near impossible to train for them (there is no excercise in the world that will make an ACL strong enough not to tear when hit from the side the way it happened with Brady and Watson).

sucks, and I agree with the piling on of NE fans. You may want to show a bit of respect to those clowns that have not understood what Bru has brought to this team. I am sure that lockeroom would benefit from his continued leadership qualities and experience..

Good luck with the injury TB....heal up soon....

I don't think that any of us who are critical of Bruschi's play are trying to "pile on". Every Pats fans knows how important he has been to their success this decade. However....the "sky is falling" comments of some people reacting to TB's injury is simply at odds with the reality that he is a shadow of his former self at this point and that his injury is unlikely to affect the fate of this team one way or the other.

It's too bad that the careers of Harrison and, possible, Bruschi, have to end in injury.

I don't think that any of us who are critical of Bruschi's play are trying to "pile on". Every Pats fans knows how important he has been to their success this decade. However....the "sky is falling" comments of some people reacting to TB's injury is simply at odds with the reality that he is a shadow of his former self at this point and that his injury is unlikely to affect the fate of this team one way or the other.

It's too bad that the careers of Harrison and, possible, Bruschi, have to end in injury.

Bruschi is much more than a "shadow" of his former self, he may have lost a step.. but his wisdom, leadership and knowledge of the game made up for it.. if he was a "shadow" he would not have been the starting MLB for this team.

Bruschi said, "Once I realized that since Dan Pees apparently lost the pages of the playbook where we put pressure on the passer via a pass rush, I wasn't going to be utilized to my strengths. And I wasn't a 3 down LB anymore. So I figured that next time I took any hit to the leg, I'm gonna make a big deal out of it. Look at Tom (Brady) he's siting home having a supermodel care for him. I figured I can't get a supermodel but maybe I could possibly get a Patriots cheerleader or two to massage my throbing member and watch the games on TV." Those wiley vets, always scheming.
Huh?????????

Bruschi is much more than a "shadow" of his former self, he may have lost a step.. but his wisdom, leadership and knowledge of the game made up for it.. if he was a "shadow" he would not have been the starting MLB for this team.

You must want the Sox to resign Tek too...so that the pitchers can benefit from his wisdom, leadership and knowledge. Who cares about true production, right?

It's easy to make the intangibles argument about vets like Bruschi and Tek but there is no way for us (the fans) to know how much that really matters. Both were great players who were crucial to their respective teams' success. The reality is that they can't do it anymore. It happens to all players at some point.

You must want the Sox to resign Tek too...so that the pitchers can benefit from his wisdom, leadership and knowledge. Who cares about true production, right?

It's easy to make the intangibles argument about vets like Bruschi and Tek but there is no way for us (the fans) to know how much that really matters. Both were great players who were crucial to their respective teams' success. The reality is that they can't do it anymore. It happens to all players at some point.

Come on. A catcher in MLB and an ILB in the 3-4 scheme are not remotely comparable. You hit .200 consistently (representing a lost chance for offensive production and an out every nine at bats) and you become the sort of liability your defensive and leadership attributes cannot offset. Baseball is not the team sport football is by any stretch of the imagination, and the failures of one player (even a catcher - provided he can catch the pitch thrown) will not doom a team. The same cannot be said of a weak link on defense.

The ILB position is not a flat-out blow-up the QB role relying on raw speed and strength. It is a sophisticated leadership position on defense requiring the ability to read an offense and react to what the offense gives you. ILBs tend not to be statistical leaders in anything other than tackles because they are typically short pass coverage and run defense. Ted Johnson was regarded as an excellent inside linebacker yet somehow amassed a grand total of 11.5 sacks and 1 interception over a 10-year career.

The "can't do it anymore" declaration often indicates a lack of appreciation of other roles and other players not doing their jobs. While I will agree Bruschi is physically not the player he was in 2003, no way would I agree that his ability is in such decline that he cannot contribute to a good defense.

Last edited:
The "can't do it anymore" declaration often indicates a lack of appreciation of other roles and other players not doing their jobs. While I will agree Bruschi is physically not the player he was in 2003, no way would I agree that his ability is in such decline that he cannot contribute to a good defense.

I disagree. The defense, in fact, played noticeably better (aside from the one big play) once Bruschi left the game. I appreciate what Tedy's done for the team over the years, and there's no denying that he's a Patriot legend. But the dog days are all that are left for him. When he's out there, it's like you're playing with 10 men on the field sometimes.

I disagree. The defense, in fact, played noticeably better (aside from the one big play) once Bruschi left the game. I appreciate what Tedy's done for the team over the years, and there's no denying that he's a Patriot legend. But the dog days are all that are left for him. When he's out there, it's like you're playing with 10 men on the field sometimes.

Gross unwarranted hyperbole.

All I'm gonna say is the defense played a lot better when they had the line ups after Bruschi went down. I hate to see Tedy down, but this is one injury that wont hurt us. I wish him the best and a speedy recovery, but if it's serious I see no reason to rush him of all people back on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back