PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

bruschi has surgery ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
heard it on dan patrick show on espnradio that he had surgery this morning and a screw inserted.
Anyone have any news on this ?

You sure they just werent talking about scenarios?

As Sean just said, he's probably just talking scenarios. Don't think Bruschi has gotten "screwed" just yet.

pats1 said:
As Sean just said, he's probably just talking scenarios. Don't think Bruschi has gotten "screwed" just yet.
If he were to have screw inserted we just lost Bruschi for the first two months of the season.

no.it was between breaks in the show, they were updating the news and said patriots claimed they didnt know if bruschi would need surgery last night and then mocked it with "yeah right,bruschi had surgery this morning"...just writing what i heard.

SeanBruschi54 said:
If he were to have screw inserted we just lost Bruschi for the first two months of the season.

I thought I had read, that if surgery was called for and a screw inserted - he would miss 6-8 weeks. If so, seems we would only be looking at Jets & Bills?

Tough to speculate and we will never find out.....damn.

let's hope he will be back soon, if possible for the opener week.1 against Buf...

they repeated it again. to paraphrase "michael a smith reports ,bruschi had surgery this morning and a screw inserted, no word when he will be ready to play next"

Well.. crap. Good luck to Bruschi in his most current rehab! I'm sick of wishing him good luck on that front. Blah!

If he needs the surgery then there's no point in waiting. Get it done start it healing. We should have 6 weeks from now until we play a regular season game that we could reasonably lose.

SeanBruschi54 said:

I don't know why. Granted, I have never had a screw put in any bone in my body but I just can't see how that is going to keep a LB from playing. The only thing I can see it hurting is his ability to make interceptions.

Could be worse, glad it's taken care of now. If he misses the first few games, that's a bummer, but it does give us an emotional boost when he returns. Meanwhile, it's good the sked isn't too bad early on.

alan greenberg will be more pissed that he didnt uncover this story :)

Reiss just confirmed this as well... Let's hope it will speed up the process.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

August 09, 2006
Surgery for Bruschi

Patriots inside linebacker Tedy Bruschi underwent surgery on his broken wrist at Massachusetts General Hospital this morning.

Patriots coach Bill Belichick said on Tuesday that Bruschi won't play in the preseason. Bruschi has been sidelined since July 31.

Posted By: mreiss | Time: 03:59:44 PM

Last edited:
fgssand said:
I thought I had read, that if surgery was called for and a screw inserted - he would miss 6-8 weeks. If so, seems we would only be looking at Jets & Bills?

Tough to speculate and we will never find out.....damn.

If its just screws, from what I know that's not a serious break - often they put a full plate in the wrist which can severely limit mobility. I've got no idea what the timetable would be but I wonder if there isn't a playing cast that would allow him to get out there sooner rather than later.

I guess part of the problem is that his ability to grip would probably be limited while the wrist is healing - if anyone could play in the NFL with one hand behind his back and do well its Bruschi but I know that's not going to happen.

The guy had a stroke and had surgery for a hole in his heart and only missed 7 weeks. I think he'll be back sooner rather than later for a broken wrist.

Just saw it with Reiss...He'll be back NOT a big problem...

NFL Live reported it too, then interviewed Michael Smith who confirmed that Tedy had surgery this morning for a broken wrist. He added that Tedy is telling people he will be back for week 1.

According to Felger's article today, you can't play with a cast with a scaphoid fracture. So unless he is going to play without a cast 4 weeks after surgery, either Tedy is being overly optimistic or Felger is wrong. (Ladies and gentlemen, place your bets...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back