PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi demoted to backup role behind Mayo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bruschi has been a great, clutch player for us for many years, but it's now time for him to take a backseat as the younger players continue to improve. He's such a class guy, that I'm sure he'll continue to be a positive force in their improvement even as he is playing behind them.

This is just total nonsense. First of all, size, speed muscles don't mean anything. Second of all, Bru has proven 14 years long that he's good enough for the NFL, while Guyton barely has played half a season at that level. Third of all, Bru still has made more tackles and big plays and CONTRIBUTED more to this team than Guyton did. I agree that he's declining and that Guyton could be in the mix for a starting spot the next couple of years, but saying Guyton beats Bruschi on knowing the system and on being an nfl player is total bulls*t

And Mike Vrabel says Hello from his well paid, send off to exile in KC. BB is only into keeping veterans, as long as they can still produce.

George Allen was famous for his Over the Hill gang, but he was also ruthlessly realistic. He wanted veterans to play for him. But when an old-timer lost it, he quickly cut him, or pawned him off to another team.

Sentimentality doesn't translate in good coaching.:eek:

I see us having 16 front 7 defensive players: 7 DL's and 9 LB's. This is one more than last year since we seem to have decided that backing up Wilfork is important.

Is he capable of being our #8 LB (and #3 ILB) with we only keep 8?

I see us having 16 front 7 defensive players: 7 DL's and 9 LB's. This is one more than last year since we seem to have decided that backing up Wilfork is important.

You're probably correct in that assessment. But we could keep 10 DBs and only 8 LBs (with Tank Williams playing a hybrid role, or keeping one of Slater/Ventrone as a S/STer). I don't really see us carrying more than 25 defensive players, so with 7 DLs pretty much set that leaves 18 spots between the LBs and the secondary.

I'm not sure playing behind Mayo can be considered a demotion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes