PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruschi Breakdown: Pats/Jags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Bruschi Breakdown:pats/Jags

Superb insights as usual. I like that they have a sense of urgency in the locker room. Can't imagine offensive/defensive breakdowns any better than this.

I don't recall seeing this "toughness meter" anywhere before. But Tedy quotes it saying 'many coaches' use it. Makes you assume BB does use it since Tedy spent his whole career w/ Pats.

I characterize toughness by the ability to cover kicks and punts, how you stop the run and how you run the ball. If you take those four statistics and add them up to the point total, the team with the lowest amount of points would be the toughest in the NFL. Jacksonville is eighth in rushing yards per game, 12th in stopping the run, 18th in kickoff return average and first in covering punts. Many coaches use that toughness meter, and there is only one team that rates better, and that's the Baltimore Ravens. This won't be a cakewalk for the Patriots.

that is an interesting view at things.

Although, I think Tedy might be over thinking it a tad. Jag's maybe 'tough' but they are very young and inconsistent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes