PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins vs Sabres Playoff Thread

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Well ... what can I say.

A few dumb penalties no offense, Rask was doing cartwheels out there keeping the team in the game ... that was not a playoff team on the ice tonight. Tonight I saw a team that will go home early.

Really? I thought they outplayed Buffalo for the most part. The entire 2nd period they looked like they were on a power play.

Miller might be the best goalie in the NHL. He'll be tough, and I don't expect the Bruins to advance. However, if they play every game the way they did last night, they will.

They have no one who can finish with the puck, been the same issue since Neely retired imo.

They have a perfect opportunity to draft a young scorer this June and why do i get this deep down sinking feeling that they will either trade the pick or use it on a defenseman!:bricks:

series now tied 1-1 boys :D

great effort and result is game 2.

:rofl: ... Boychuk caught Ellis with his head down ... that was a major league check. :rocker:

Game is 1-1 and the Bruins are playing hard and together.

Last edited:
2-1 Bruins

Recchi to Bergeron.

:singing:What a game.:singing:

That was a great game ...

2-1 Bruins victory that was as blue collar an effort as you will ever find in a hockey game.

TuuuuuuuuuKa is the REAL DEAL......Let's keep it rollin boys....

Buffalo pulled out a move from "Slapshot" and brought in an enforcer for the game to deal with the surging Bruins...Might be just what the team needs tonight to get the Bruins rolling along to the next round(hopefully)

Double OT ... OMG ... I'm tired just watching.

Bruins

Double OT

:rocker::rocker::rocker:Win 3-2 :rocker::rocker::rocker:

So what the hell is up with the Bruins so far :D:D:D

I told my buddy that is a HUGE Caps fan that we would meet them in the conf finals before the playoffs started.....I thought the Flyers would beat the devils and so the Caps would play the flyers and the Bruins would meet the Pens.....If will be an extremely tough series against the Pens if that is the case but I love how physical we have been playing and will all the sissy's on the Pens we can knock them around......INCLUDING MATT COOKE!!!!!

I've never been a big hockey fan, but I have been watching these games and I have to say it is friggin quality entertainment. Really great stuff. The excitement in the stadium is pretty palpable. It's wall to wall action, very few commercials, etc.

I'm very happy for Bruins fans, who have endured a lot, that they are getting treated to some good playoff action. It would be very bandwagony of me to say I am a Bruins fans, so I'll just leave it at that I am enjoying the series a surprising amount as a non-hockey watcher and am happy for the true fans.

Last edited:
Has anyone heard anything more about Savard possibly returning for round 2 barring a total collapse and we beat the sabres? That would be awesome to get him back healthy to play the Pens (probably)

Has anyone heard anything more about Savard possibly returning for round 2 barring a total collapse and we beat the sabres? That would be awesome to get him back healthy to play the Pens (probably)

I'm hoping he can make it back as the 3rd line center at least to start. I wouldn't have him on the 1st or 2nd lines yet, no way he has his playing legs right now ... especially with us on a roll it wouldn't be fair for him or the team to throw him into the fire.

If he can play a few games on the 3rd line without problems then we'll be looking even better.

I'm hoping he can make it back as the 3rd line center at least to start. I wouldn't have him on the 1st or 2nd lines yet, no way he has his playing legs right now ... especially with us on a roll it wouldn't be fair for him or the team to throw him into the fire.

If he can play a few games on the 3rd line without problems then we'll be looking even better.

I would just use him on Power Play duty for the rest of this series.

Okay ... I'm just checking in.

Just finished my pre game meal and polishing off a few Mountain Dews.

I've had enough of Ryan Miller and the Sabres ...

They are uglier today than they were 5 games ago.

That's one thing about hockey ...
we were always motivated by how ugly the other team was and how much more ugly we could make them.

Last edited:

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes
Patriots Draft Rumors: Teams Facing ‘Historic’ Price For Club to Trade Down
Back