PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins vs Chicago (Because it's the Stanley Cup)

love me some PIE

chi PP looks like they are the rangers out there

Bergeron 19-for-22 on faceoffs. Ridiculous.

Great win AND it ends in regulation. Fantastic.

2-1 and another shut out for Tuukka. Two more wins boys. Two more.

2-1 and another shut out for Tuukka. Two more wins boys. Two more.

43c98a7151b89a92f1661a8d00bea1f4.jpg

Boston is destined to be the best hockey team in the world this year. It is always all about timing but at this moment, no one is better than the Bruins.

Just as I said earlier, they are physical, gritty, and can score, with amazing goal tending. How are you gonna stop them. NO one can. Not this year. They are a freight train rolling through the best of the best NHL teams.

New England, and all Boston fans, should be proud of this team.

This is Bruins hockey.

I love watching them play.

2 more to raise the most famous and storied trophy in all of sports, and my favorite...they are a great group...

Awesome picture. They look a combination of amused and insane.......which they are.

130618013410-bruins-blackhawks-chara-t1-t1-wide.jpg

How to crush somebody who's 6'5" 245 like a bug.....or a turtle as it was.

Boston is destined to be the best hockey team in the world this year. It is always all about timing but at this moment, no one is better than the Bruins.

Just as I said earlier, they are physical, gritty, and can score, with amazing goal tending. How are you gonna stop them. NO one can. Not this year. They are a freight train rolling through the best of the best NHL teams.

This is Bruins hockey.

2 more to raise the most famous and storied trophy in all of sports, and my favorite...they are a great group...

Your account of the Bruins playoff team is pretty well stated IMHO.

Both the Pens and the Hawks had times where they looked to be playing much smoother and much better than the Bruins. This was resulting in them pressuring the Bruins zone in large chunks of time. Yet when you boil down all that offensive pressure/zone time and look at how many actual prime, semi point blank scoring opportunities the Bruins allowed? The D was/is forcing them over and over and over and over into the lower percentage stuff, the short angle stuff, always needing to make another pass and another pass to achieve an actual prime opportunity..... only for it to be broken up/smothered or the ultimate shot taken is low percentage. Then behind the smothering D is TR who is all but perfect in handling all these low percentage shots as well as being almost a stone wall on the few prime ones (hockey gods kicked in a few times with the Pens, Hawks not so much).

These are the two best offensive teams in the league, the two clearest goal scoring forces in the NHL. And they have 6 goals combined over 7 games! And two of those goals for the Hawks were very fortunate bounces....not great plays that setup prime opportunities/beat the Bruins D or TR could have/should have saved.
Bottom line, the D and TR are terrorizing the best offenses in the league and it spooked the Pens out of their game and it is in the process of spooking the Hawks out of theirs (who, again, are two very bouncy-fortunate goals away from being down 0-3). Unless the trajectory of play changes (and the hockey gods don't favor the Hawks like they did in game 1) this is the Bruins cup to lose.

This is Bruins hockey.

Well said; fun post-season. Team is looking great; that Game 1 loss was painful but I always felt that while it would have been devastating for the Hawks to have lost, it was a game the B's could build on.

Only negative of the series for me is -- who is the "other" analyst, the one beside Milbury? He's actually done OK but I have a hard time getting past how much he sound like Tony Mazzaerrotti — whom I stop listening to long ago. With that voice, I keep expecting him to whine "they're shooting the puck too fast, someone's going to get hurt," or "they're hitting each other too hard."

Bottom line, the D and TR are terrorizing the best offenses in the league and it spooked the Pens out of their game and it is in the process of spooking the Hawks out of theirs (who, again, are two very bouncy-fortunate goals away from being down 0-3). Unless the trajectory of play changes (and the hockey gods don't favor the Hawks like they did in game 1) this is the Bruins cup to lose.

Wow, thanks for jinxing the Bruins. Great job!

Seriously, it is still anybody's series. The Bruins have to hold serve at home. That is crucial. But what does it give them? A 3-1 series lead. They almost choked that away to the Leafs.

So I ain't celebrating till all 4 games are won and the Blackhawks are put down for good. All of you with the premature victory celebrations make me extremely uneasy. I'm not ready to underestimate the Blackhawks. They were the best team in the regular season for a reason.

The Bruins need to maintain their focus and their gritty and disciplined play to win. Let's go B's!!

Game 4...LETS GO!!!!

Wow...Bs look bad. Have a chance to take over this series tonight. Dont be flat guys. Come on

Wow...Bs look bad. Have a chance to take over this series tonight. Dont be flat guys. Come on
The Blackhawks started with some early adjustments to counter the Bruins D. They've played as well as they possibly can, scored a short hand goal and it's 1-1. Have faith Brady_to_Moss. The Bruins have started turning the screws.

GOAL !!!new game new game. the bruins are gonna have a lot of odd man rushes because of the bhawk defense pinching down in the bruins zone. they have to bury those chances.

glad they tied it up..1 post as well...they are playing much better since their PP G.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back