Welcome to PatsFans.com

bruins re sign kelly and campell

Discussion in 'Boston Bruins Fan Talk' started by captain insano, Jun 11, 2012.

1. captain insano

captain insano Rookie

Ratings:
    +45 / 2 / -8

#11 Jersey

Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  2. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +473 / 2 / -10

#87 Jersey

Nice signings and i am okay with no Tim Thomas ... I don't think he would last the season and I think he sees that also. he definitely looked he slowed down a pinch but with a goalie a pinch is a lot. It would be nice to have him here as the sub for Rask but that would not happen either. I like what I see in Anton ... he looks like he will be a very capable backup and maybe better than that if Rask is injured from time to time.

Kelly getting $12 million ... LOL talk about a player going to sports heaven when he came here.
    Last edited: Jun 11, 2012
  3. captain insano

captain insano Rookie

Ratings:
    +45 / 2 / -8

#11 Jersey

ya know the thing about older goalies. they can fool you into thinking they are in decline when they aren't. i think thomas still has a lot of elite level goal tending left in him. goalies last longer and hold onto there skill level longer than other older players in other sports and position players in hockey.
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012
  4. dryheat44

dryheat44 Rookie

Ratings:
    +78 / 2 / -0

#75 Jersey

I definitely think Thomas has the ability to be an elite goaltender for several more years. What he doesn't have is the desire. I just hope some team like Colorado that needs to get to the salary floor takes him off our hands to open up some cap room...I'd gladly give them Horton too to seal the deal. I have dreams of a Parise-Krejci-Lucic top line.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2012