PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins One Touch Power Play

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Lewis has installed a great Power Play for the Bruins.

A great system of movement and 1 touch scoring ... very efficient with little waste. A great system of shots right off the pass ... instant with no pause.

Also ... what was sorely lacking last year is the amount of goals by the Bruins through screens ... I think they will capture dissenchanted Celtics fans and bored NFL fans as the football season winds down.

Lewis has made some good adjustments on the PP. It was abysmal to start the season. Now they're 4th in the league. Still need to get guys like Primeau off the second line.

Don't look now, but if the season ended today, the Bruins would be the 6 seed. And they're 5 points behind Carolina with 5 games in hand.

Now they just need to work on holding on to 3rd periond leads..

Now they just need to work on holding on to 3rd periond leads..

Yeah ... for sure ... they are getting closer. They really lack those young defensive type players we always had like Steve Kasper. In his youth of course .. hard to pay those defensive types much money with the cap now.

I hope we can get a few more guys talking puck here JM.
But thanks for chipping in ...
Sdaniels, DropKick, 3 to be 4 also is a Bruins fan I believe.
Perhaps we could make it work with as little as 10.
Tough to talk puck & B-Ball all the time ... but a few here and there is fun.

I'd say it's more of a choaching problem. Their whole style of play changes in the third with a lead. Everyone sits back and gets defensive. I hate when a team dominates, and then completely lets up to try and protect a lead. Stay aggressive.

I'm too young to know who Steve Kasper is :)p) but if you're looking for a young, defensive forward, I'd say look no further than Bergeron. His forecheck can almost single-handedly kill a penalty. And he may not be young, but PJ is one of the best defensive forwards in the league. And his offense has been admirable this year, too, which might finally get him some recognition for the Selke (though no way he wins it). Great to have him back.

If you're looking for good hockey talk, I recommend the Hockey's Future boards. The Bruins board is the best you'll find.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Back