PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins make big trade...

btw, I have a student ticket... do I need to provide someone at the gate a student pass or something?

I'm heading to the game (leafs vs bruins) on Oct. 28... any advice for a Leafs fan?

Just don't be obnoxious. The Garden crowd respects fans of original 6 teams...even Montreal, until the playoffs start.

It's funny that just a little while ago we gave up a 30-goal scorer in Boyes to get Wideman because we needed someone to carry the puck. Maybe in 4 years we'll trade Horton go get a D-man to carry the puck.

In light of our inability to run a decent power play, I thought I'd repeat myself. It makes the trade of Hunwick even more puzzling to me. There's aren't many defensemen who can play a major offensive role and be a great defensive player. There's no Bourque/Lidstrom store that I'm aware of. I like Julien, but you can't win if you can't score. It's okay to have a d-man who slouches on defense if he can carry and distribute the puck.

Looking back this was a excellent trade for us.

Even when you figure that we drastically had to overpay for Kaberle because we had nobody to run the power play? Don't get me wrong, I can't argue with the success we're having right now, but Wideman had a good year, and we probably could have used the assets we paid for Kaberle elsewhere. Of course, maybe Horton, and then we'd be much the same.

The Bruins made a big trade to try to bolster their offense, sending Dennis Wideman, the 15th pick in this year's draft, and a 3rd round pick in next year's draft to Florida in exchange for Gregory Campbell and Nathan Horton.

Panthers deal Horton, Campbell to B's for Wideman, picks - 2010 Offseason News

Horton gives them between 20 and 30 goals and 45 and 62 points per year...That amount is roughly the same amount of points they were going to get from Phil Kessel so the claimed scoring hole that losing him created is closed in more ways than one.

well it's safe to say this was a great trade ... ;)

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back