PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins Get the 2nd Pick in the 2010 Draft.

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Bruins get the #2 pick in the NHL Draft.

Oh well ... not so bad.

Taylor or Tyler ... whomever is not picked by Edmonton.

Will either one of them be better than Phil One Way Kessel ... I think so.

Last edited:
i guarantee you the oilers will pick Hall barring major developments. Hall is from Alberta and that team needs something to get excited about. I'm just trying to figure out where Seguin fits on this Bruins team. We already have Bergeron, Savard and Krejci as our centers. We can't very well keep Seguin as our 4th line center. I think Krecji has to go.

I agree ... I was thinking about that today. Who brings the most value is Krecji. He's young and has a reasonable contract to absorb ... 3/11.25.

Stranger things have happened though ... perhaps someone changes position.

I think if it's Seguin ... nothing will be done this year and he'll be the 4th line center or play wing for his rookie season ... or as you said Kreji is traded.

don't forget we have joe colborne who is a center as well. This is exactly why I am bummed now. Normally I would be thrilled to get a player like Seguin. But we are already stacked at center. Trading down and picking the next best winger after Hall might not be a bad idea.

Well what we have going for us right now is that the Oilers have the opposite problem. They have a nice pipeline of wingers right now ... if they draft by need they go with Seguin. If they want to make the splash they go with Hall.

Right now I'm guessing our chances of getting Hall are at least 75%.

So ... I'll go with that hunch for now ... the Oilers need is Seguin.

Also ... my hunch is that if Edmonton goes with Seguin they could still have a top 3 pick next year ... they are that bad. Seguin is the best pick for them based on need and the future ... I hope they realize this is in the end. Hall definitely gives them a few more wins next year. :D:D:D

Last edited:
they could still have a top 3 pick next year ... they are that bad.
I don't know about that. The Oilers led the league with 530 man games lost to injury this year. Any team that loses their #1 forward and #1 goalie for the entire season, as well as their #1 defenseman for extended periods of time, is going to finish last. Before injuries devoured the team, they were much closer to a playoff team than a lottery team.

Edmonton has never drafted higher than 4th before, so this upcoming draft was going to be special picking in the top two. To get the #1 pick is even better, obviously.

A lot of people have said the Oilers should take Seguin because they already have some wingers coming up. No one seems to mention that Hall has said in the past he prefers playing centre and his coach says he has no problems playing it (the reason why he isn't is because he's a better fit on the wing for Windsor).

When you pick first overall, you take the best player available over need everytime. That is Taylor Hall, imo, and I hope and think the Oilers will do so.

Last edited:
It's going to be interesting. Clearly, the Bruins want Hall, since he fits their needs for a goal scoring wing. Edmonton does need a center in a bad way. Central Scouting has Seguin #1 by a hair over Hall, but most observers rate Hall higher. Another point, is that Hall plays with 3 other 1st rounders on his Junior team, while Seguin doesn't have a single one on his. Seguin clearly does more, with less. I'm undecided on who's the better player, since I think they are both exceptional talents, and worthy of being #1 overall. Don't be surprised if you see a deal between the Oilers and Boston either. If Edmonton truly does want a center, and they know the Bruins covet the winger Hall, there could be a situation where the B's toss Edmonton some goodies to secure Hall, while they still get their man Seguin to play center. It's possible anyway.

I don't think the Bruins would trade out of the top 2 at all. They will take Seguin or Hall in June. Also, I doubt they would trade Krejci. I'm not sure they would trade any of their centers, as much as they'd move one of Krejci or Bergeron to wing. If they do move a center, it would probably be the 30 something Savard. Why trade your under 25 centers, if you feel Seguin is a 1st line, franchise type center? Personally I'd trade no one though. Not unless I were blown away with a deal.

Hunch is we will take Seguin, and thats what the rumors seem to be leaning towards. Hall also grew up a Bruins fan and theres a reason why he wears #4.....

Hunch is we will take Seguin, and thats what the rumors seem to be leaning towards. Hall also grew up a Bruins fan and theres a reason why he wears #4.....

I'm not sure we take him. Aren't Zach Hamill, Joe Colbourne, and Caron all former #1 draft picks who play center?

If Hall goes #1, I would trade the pick. I'm sure there will be plenty of offers.

I'm not sure we take him. Aren't Zach Hamill, Joe Colbourne, and Caron all former #1 draft picks who play center?

If Hall goes #1, I would trade the pick. I'm sure there will be plenty of offers.

All three are first round draft picks. Not #1 overall's but thats probably what you ment.

Well in that scenario the only team we trade with is Boston, and with both prospects being so close in rankings you wont get that great of an offer.

Edmonton as everyone knows has always had trouble holding onto players. Both players have said they just want to go to the team that wants them the most, and would love to go #1 overall. Edmonton needs to hold onto that pick, embrace getting whichever guy it is and he will become the face of the franchise. Trading down has the potential to send the wrong message.

Edmonton as everyone knows has always had trouble holding onto players. Both players have said they just want to go to the team that wants them the most, and would love to go #1 overall. Edmonton needs to hold onto that pick, embrace getting whichever guy it is and he will become the face of the franchise. Trading down has the potential to send the wrong message.

I would agree with that. Whichever player gives the better interview and seems to embrace being the face of the franchise should be drafted. From the little I know, that suggests Seguin, as I've heard Hall is a bit more reserved/introverted.

If the Oilers do take Hall, the Bruins (if they don't trade up to make sure they get Hall) should see if they can trade down with the teams drafting #3-5 and see if they can get a good young player for trading down. They could use a promising young defensemen or sniper. UNLESS they think that Seguin is better than Colborne and Hamill...and I'm not sure that's the case.

I would agree with that. Whichever player gives the better interview and seems to embrace being the face of the franchise should be drafted. From the little I know, that suggests Seguin, as I've heard Hall is a bit more reserved/introverted.

If the Oilers do take Hall, the Bruins (if they don't trade up to make sure they get Hall) should see if they can trade down with the teams drafting #3-5 and see if they can get a good young player for trading down. They could use a promising young defensemen or sniper. UNLESS they think that Seguin is better than Colborne and Hamill...and I'm not sure that's the case.

I think Seguin has been a bit better in interviews and has appeared a bit more mature as well. But Hall as well has been really excelling in the OHL playoffs. Led his team back from an 0-3 defecit in a series, and got the OT winner last night in the final against Barrie. Showing how clutch he is really.

Thats actually not a terrible idea. Im not to sure what you guys have in the system for dmen but you seem to be pretty stacked for forwards. Fowler and Gudbranson are dmen that should go in the top 5 of the draft that should be studs on the backend. And then there is the winger Connolly, who had he not been injured could very well have been competeing with Seguin and Hall for the first overall pick.

I think Seguin has been a bit better in interviews and has appeared a bit more mature as well. But Hall as well has been really excelling in the OHL playoffs. Led his team back from an 0-3 defecit in a series, and got the OT winner last night in the final against Barrie. Showing how clutch he is really.

Thats actually not a terrible idea. Im not to sure what you guys have in the system for dmen but you seem to be pretty stacked for forwards. Fowler and Gudbranson are dmen that should go in the top 5 of the draft that should be studs on the backend. And then there is the winger Connolly, who had he not been injured could very well have been competeing with Seguin and Hall for the first overall pick.

Bruins brain trust is said to love Connolly.

Bruins brain trust is said to love Connolly.

Connolly is very intriguing ... the draft may be more exciting than many realize.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back