PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins Draft: Taylor Hall or Tyler Seguin?

THE HUB FOR PATRIOTS FANS SINCE 2000

MORE PINNED POSTS:
Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Who would you prefer to see the Bruins draft?

• Trade the pick for a veteran player

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Real World

Reaction score
With the NHL draft taking place this Friday, June 25th at 7pm, I was wondering who you all prefer to see the Bruins draft, out of Taylor Hall & Tyler Seguin. Personally, I'm undecided. I love the goal scoring prowess, and explosive speed of Hall, but I also think that Sequin may be the better player when it's all said and done. Sequin is a year younger, and plays on a less talented team, yet he put up monster numbers. The comparisons to Joe Sakic can't be ignored. Meanwhile Hall, a monster goal scorer, and skater, has been compared by some, to Guy Lafleur
84226.gif
. Obviously the Bruins are deep at center, and could use a goal scoring wing, so Hall is considered the better fit, by way of need. To me though, you take the BPA (Best Player Available), even if it means drafting the center, Seguin. Ultimately the Oilers will dictate who the Bruins end up with. The Oilers need a center, which has made their choice all the more difficult. Hall is ranked highest on their board, but Seguin projects as a franchise center, which is something the Oilers don't have. So who do you guys prefer?

Either one works for me ... they could use Hall more as long as they have Savard. If Seguin falls to them then one of the centers will convert to wing and he can be the 3rd and 4th line center this year.

Edmonton went with the safe pick in Hall and the Bs had to take Seguin with the 2nd pick...

Seguin can play center or wing, so i am happy either way. GM said we will have to wait to see how it all shakes out...so i think they plan on trading Savard or someone to accomadate the pick. We will see. Great pick

Couldn't go wrong with either one. Definately needs to put on some weight if he is going to play wing. Sequin at 172 definately has the frame to put some more on.

I'm kind of suprised the Oilers didn't go Sequin considering they needed a center. They already have 2 future pro caliber forwards so I guess they must of been playing it safe.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
Back