PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bruins are Back

IcyPatriot

Wall of Fame
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Are you ready for some puck? I'm excited about the upcoming season. Listening here and there to the typical doom and gloomers ... I predict the Bruins will finish 6th in the East playoff race with a record of 44-26. A bust out year for Bergeron and big seasons from Lucic & Kessel and Stuart.

Not the most talented team but i think we at least have players whose games compliment each other for the first time in a while. The players are now in the 2nd year of Claude's (Clode) system.

Look ... I'm a hockey lifer ... and yeah Jeremy Jacobs sucks :banned: ... but I love hockey :violent: and I'm glad it's back.:D

Are you ready for some puck? I'm excited about the upcoming season. Listening here and there to the typical doom and gloomers ... I predict the Bruins will finish 6th in the East playoff race with a record of 44-26. A bust out year for Bergeron and big seasons from Lucic & Kessel and Stuart.

Not the most talented team but i think we at least have players whose games compliment each other for the first time in a while. The players are now in the 2nd year of Claude's (Clode) system.

Look ... I'm a hockey lifer ... and yeah Jeremy Jacobs sucks :banned: ... but I love hockey :violent: and I'm glad it's back.:D
I agree. I think Bergeron has a slow start, but once he gets comfy with his linemates again, he'll pick up where he left off. I know he wasn't a popular signing, but I'm predicting a solid year from Ryder as well. I think Boston will finish somewhere in the 4th-6th range, but goalie is a concern for me. I like Thomas, but worry about him staying healthy. What are your thoughts on Fernandez and/or Rask?

I agree. I think Bergeron has a slow start, but once he gets comfy with his linemates again, he'll pick up where he left off. I know he wasn't a popular signing, but I'm predicting a solid year from Ryder as well. I think Boston will finish somewhere in the 4th-6th range, but goalie is a concern for me. I like Thomas, but worry about him staying healthy. What are your thoughts on Fernandez and/or Rask?

Rask does not seem to be getting much support from insiders. He needs confidence which I think is there but it just hasn't shown up yet. With the increased pressure on the Bruins to succeed I'm wondering if we are going to see continued development of the kids or will they be used for tradebait.

Why I say the above is because it would be nice if we could get something for Rask ... but if he doesn't get to play we'll be stuck with 3 goalies. I'd like to see what Fernandez has to offer as Tim Thomas would be one of the better #2 goalies in the league IMO.

As to Ryder ... I believe he will flourish in Claude's system ... I'm thinking 30 goals ... i hope I'm right. :D

Rask does not seem to be getting much support from insiders. He needs confidence which I think is there but it just hasn't shown up yet. With the increased pressure on the Bruins to succeed I'm wondering if we are going to see continued development of the kids or will they be used for tradebait.

Why I say the above is because it would be nice if we could get something for Rask ... but if he doesn't get to play we'll be stuck with 3 goalies. I'd like to see what Fernandez has to offer as Tim Thomas would be one of the better #2 goalies in the league IMO.

As to Ryder ... I believe he will flourish in Claude's system ... I'm thinking 30 goals ... i hope I'm right. :D

I agree about Ryder, but I wouldn't give up on Rask just yet. Leave him on the farm for another season. He's still very young and new to this type of hockey compared to the elite developmental leagues in Sweden and Finland.
I like what Thomas has done for the B's the past few seasons, but I don't think this team will reach the upper echelon until they get a keeper that can put up a closed sign in front of the net. We haven't had a goalie like that since the Moog/Lemelin era.

I would be shocked if Rask opens up the season in Boston. A long term injury or trade will be when I expect to see him as the backup in Boston. Loads of playing time in Providence will only help him to get better and thats where he belongs as of now.

Seems like Manny Fernandez got injured in tonights pre season game (which is still going on, 1-0 B's through 2), but I don't think it's much. If it's a bad injury Rask will be up.

Seems like Manny Fernandez got injured in tonights pre season game (which is still going on, 1-0 B's through 2), but I don't think it's much. If it's a bad injury Rask will be up.

I'm beginning to think Fernandez=Maroney.

Bruins should end up 5-7th in the East this year, if they stay healthy. I'm looking forward to the season if for no other reason than the young kids. Should make for a fun, and more exciting team this year

Bruins should end up 5-7th in the East this year, if they stay healthy. I'm looking forward to the season if for no other reason than the young kids. Should make for a fun, and more exciting team this year

I'm with ya.

Watching the Bruins play Dallas right now and wow what an exciting game. Very chippy but damn is it great, Steve Ott is one of the biggest punks I've seen in a while constantly giving cheap shots but wont fight man to man. 3-1 in the third just gotta hold on to the lead.

Anyone else watching this?

Nice little scuffle there, they had enough of the Avery's and Ott's crap and all five B's on the ice (Kessel and Savard!!!) got to fighting. Sheriff Shane Hnidy was lighting up who ever he was fighting haha I'm cracking up over this.

5-2 win tonight. Blake Wheeler with a hattrick. Game on Saturday could be for 1st in the division.

3-0 Bruins against Montreal at the end of the first! Man do I love this team. Lets hope the Pats play like the B's are tonight, overall domination. Go B's Go Pats!!!

Bruins up 2-0 after 2 against the Rangers, who's number 1 in the conference.

..and then they blow it 3-2 in a shoot out. Better that they did that now then in April I guess.

I have followed the B's closely and there is no reason why they cannot be a top 4 team in the conference. Thomas leads the league in GAA and save percent but not even on the all star ballot, this will motivate him but it's still bs. Fernandez has looked good too, having 2 good goalies makes them a top notch team and they are scoring goals too which is a pleasant surprise. It's going to be a fun year...

YouTube - Lucic vs Komisarek 11-13-08

Wild game tonight. 7 goals in the first between the 2 with the Bruins scoring 4 unanswered after the 1st.

Bruins win 7-4:D

It was Street Hockey On ICe, hehe but a great game.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back