PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Browns' Steinbach miffed by Vrabel's late rush

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people even pay attention to Steinbach. He's a good guard, but wasn't he arrested in Cinci foir drunk driving or operatign a boat or something? He was probably just upset he couldn't get back to the keg quicker.

:rolleyes:

At the rate we're going, I think collectively, we ought to avoid criticizing the antics of other teams' players.

(ok, I'm on the fence here, like Steinbach, I'm an Iowa grad, can't help myself)

I also remember this play (that almost started a fight) as that the Browns LT pushed Vrable to the ground into the direction of the QB.

Yea Vrable could have taken a down off while the Browns "were obviously going to spike the ball"

But if anybody remembers the Manning fake and a couple of other teams who have done that fake on a spike and gotten TDs out of it; I think it is pretty reasonable to see why Vrab's didnt take the play off.

If Steinbach wants to get pissed then that LT of Cleveland needs to MAN UP and tell him what he did first to start the whole incident.

I also remember this play (that almost started a fight) as that the Browns LT pushed Vrable to the ground into the direction of the QB.

Yea Vrable could have taken a down off while the Browns "were obviously going to spike the ball"

But if anybody remembers the Manning fake and a couple of other teams who have done that fake on a spike and gotten TDs out of it; I think it is pretty reasonable to see why Vrab's didnt take the play off.

If Steinbach wants to get pissed then that LT of Cleveland needs to MAN UP and tell him what he did first to start the whole incident.

I agree, i thought i saw vrabel get pushed down to his knees then to the ground.

Call me crazy, but I vaguely recall from watching the replay at the time that when Anderson spiked the ball, it actually hit the back of the foot of the center or guard. I'm not sure what that would be ruled -- a penalty for illegal touching by an OL? A fumble? -- but I think Vrabel was literally just trying to alertly grab the ball on what could've been a turnover. I'd have to see the replay again, but I was pretty sure I saw it hit the foot.

Remember Wilfork picking up the ball and taking it to the house? Same thing.

Another possibility...

Joe Thomas was cited throughout the game and afterwards for fairly blatant holding and various conduct of a not exactly sportsmanlike nature. Is it possible that Vrabel wanted to get in a shot, and ended up going out of control as a result of the unexpected spike, and thus the play's action changing?

It's certainly true that pretty much any complaint about the Pats will be magnified by the media. Is this AP-worthy? No.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back