Welcome to PatsFans.com

Browns' Steinbach miffed by Vrabel's late rush

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by DynastyDriven, Oct 8, 2007.

1. DynastyDriven

DynastyDriven Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Patriot act: Browns' Steinbach miffed by Vrabel's late rush

http://www.ohio.com/news/ap?articleID=138696&c=y

2. Fixit

Fixit Rookie

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Well, allow me to retort, Eric:

If the game was already over, why was Cleveland driving for a meaningless effing score rather than taking a knee and running out the clock, thereby avoiding the opportunity for more injury to anyone on the field?!?

Take a knee, take a shower, and everyone goes home. Try to score a meaningless one, you'd better expect the defense to be a bit peeved.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  3. Crazyeechrispats1

Crazyeechrispats1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Maybe Joe should get out of the NFL and be a professional fisherman.
    Just a thought
  4. ALP

ALP Rookie

Ratings:
    +12 / 0 / -0

hes kidding rit? first off, it didnt even seem as if vrabel saw the spike...also, i thought he hit somebody who was facing AWAY from himself...which means the knees...can bend....

lastly...vrabel is supposed to be able to move the legs of a 350 lb guy?...i doubt vrabel would have tried that...especially when we were about to win the game
  5. upstater1

upstater1 Rookie

Ratings:
    +43 / 4 / -3

Pure idiocy. Look, every time the opposition loses, they whine. We see this over and over. These players can't ever look themselves in the mirror and admit they lost.

Why was Vrabel diving? Because Anderson spiked the ball backwards and it was a fumble. That's why. Vrabel was diving for the ball.
  6. SVN

SVN Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 0 / -0

this is getting quite common...after every game find something bad to say about a pats player because the media is ready to eat it up without rationalizing it.
  7. Mike the Brit

Mike the Brit Minuteman Target PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +216 / 2 / -0

Disable Jersey

Looking at it on the TV, it did look like a cheap shot by Vrabel -- except if he didn't see the spike and realize that the play was over. I'm pretty sure that that is the explanation and that Vrabel would be ready to apologize.

But look, even if he did take a cheap shot deliberately, you don't whine about it to the newspapers. I don't condone dirty play, but that makes you a loser in my book (by contrast, look at the Pats after last year's game against the Titans).
  8. letekro

letekro Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 2 / -3

This recalls the 2002 season opener against the Steelers.

We're up 30-7 with 2 minutes left. Steelers go hurry up and move the ball down to the goalline. Things were getting very chippy as Bruschi and other Pats were clearly upset that the Steelers were trying to score in garbage time, thus forcing the Pats to keep their starters out there, risking injury.

Honestly, if the other coach doesn't do it, at some point it's up to BB to take the starters out when the game is out of reach. The benefit simply does not justify the risk.
  9. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

typical....not surprising
  10. JoeSixPat

JoeSixPat Rookie

Ratings:
    +49 / 2 / -0

Right - the Browns were trying to pad their stats with a meaningless score...

If anyone on the Patriots attempted to pad their stats with a meaningless score, all of the Cleveland fans would be up in arms.. but its cool when their guys do it.

How dare anyone on the Patriots try to stop them... or put them in harms way. They're also flattering themselves to think that anyone would try to hurt one of their players...

Dude - if we were going to do that it would be 11 seconds INTO the game - not 11 seconds REMAINING in the game. I would think even a dumb football player could figure that one out.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2007
  11. Brarrell

Brarrell Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

First things first I don't think the relationship between BB and Crennel is any thing more than professional period. For the life of me what was Cleveland trying to prove by scoring at the end of the game, the Pats could have scored a few minutes earlier but decided to sit on the ball. So what was that all about?
  12. PatsMan26

PatsMan26 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

When i saw it i certainly thought it was uncalled for. The two other people(pats fans) that i was watching the game with agreed it looked like he was going after him.

And yes believe it or not an NFL linebacker can move a 350 lb man. They do it every week.
  13. He Ban Me

He Ban Me Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Allow me too:

If the show were on the other foot, you'd be ticked. When N.O. tried to score at the end of the game, and Giordanno took a pick six, was I happy, yes. But, do I think the defense should have blitzed Brees and try to kill him? No. Regardless of circumstances, his play was bush league. Bruschi is bush, and Seau is bush, and Harrison, biggest bush leaguer of all. TB?? Friggin' classy. Surprised more players don't follow his lead.
  14. Pats726

Pats726 Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

A good post...always these players come out with drivel after the game..maybe even some linemen ought to wear skirts..lil babt whiners..I agree..why was Cleveland playing like they had a chance and were moving the ball downfield? Maybe the crybaby can answer THAT question?? If he'd rather NOt play football get off the field....
  15. He Ban Me

He Ban Me Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Didn't have to keep the starters out there. No on was forcing you.
  16. Patriot_in_NY

Patriot_in_NY Rookie

Ratings:
    +13 / 0 / -0

[​IMG]
    .....​
  17. Caspir

Caspir Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

You're hilarious. Please continue.
  18. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Rookie

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I personally thought Vrabel was pushed or fell when I saw it and then two players continued to drive him intot he ground. I don't think he intentionally tried to do it. He's not a cheap player.
  19. DGameguy

DGameguy Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Why do people even pay attention to Steinbach. He's a good guard, but wasn't he arrested in Cinci foir drunk driving or operatign a boat or something? He was probably just upset he couldn't get back to the keg quicker.
  20. Keegs

Keegs Rookie

Ratings:
    +8 / 0 / -0

wow this is turning into a crybaby league faster than i thought it was possible.