PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Browns really being investigated by NFL

Status
Not open for further replies.

rainmaker

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
The Browns confirm the league is investigating whether a member of the team's personnel department texted the sideline during games.

A "high-ranking" personnel man allegedly texted the sideline complaining about play calls. "Obviously I'm aware of it," coach Mike Pettine said Thursday. "I do know that's an ongoing league investigation." The use of "any electronic communication devices" on the sidelines or in the coaches' booth is strictly prohibited. That, of course, excludes headsets and league-issued tablets used for viewing photos. The Browns will likely escape with a fine if found guilty.

Source: Cleveland Plain Dealer
Jan 22 - 11:00 PM

I'm sure media will ignore this cause it's the browns and they stink. Instead they will focus on under inflated balls that all real football people say is stupid.

Punishment? They will be forced to continue working for the Browns.

Isn't this cheating? It's against the rules right?

I wonder what would happen if the Pats were accused of breaking rules?;)

But the Browns aren't the Patriots so it's no big deal.

If it were the Pats it would be all over the internet that Ernie Adams texted BB the Colts play book and that's why they lost the game.

Bah, this is nothing compared to ball pressure.

I'm going to steal (and alter) a line from Chris Rock on this one:

"Busting the Cleveland Browns for cheating is like playing basketball with a ******ed kid and calling him on double dribble."

I thought the investigation was

NFL investigates how it's possible to suck after having multiple high 1st round draft picks for decades.

This is the hypocrisy of the situation especially with the media. The league is investigating an allegation of cheating far greater than what the Pats are being accused of (and worse than Spygate) and not a peep.

Yes, this was posted when it first came out just prior to the end of the season. Naturally, nobody in the media gives a crap because it's not NE. Just imagine the reaction if this happened in Foxboro...
SPmob.gif

yeah but did the colts ignore a memo 8 years ago? thats the real question here. because everyone knows, if you did something wrong 7-8 years ago, you are probably a dirty dirty cheater until you die forever. Patriots can't win without deflated balls! I see a pattern here. Running trick plays, using cameras 7 years ago, having balls fill up to the league mimimum.

I bet they only have 7 pieces of flair on their vest.

no one gives a ****...it's the Browns...

no one gives a ****...it's the Browns...
But the integrity of the game is being called into question!!! Come on! Where's the media herd for this one? The NFL is investigating! They are cheaters and line steppers and liars and should have people fired and suspended and fined!

We need a list like this:

Browns - text
Jets - trip and tamper
Steelers - drugs and trip
49ers - Salary Cap
Broncos - Salary Cap
Bucks - QB ball tamper
GB - Ball tamper
Vikes - ball tamper
Panthers - ball tamper
Saints - Bounty
Etc....