PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Browns game was the best thing that ever happened

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustEndTheSeason

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
The Pats got a complete wake up call then. I remember some young player saying that he sort of thought the Pats could show up with the Pats logo on the side of their helmet and they would roll over the Browns. That domination made Brady, now playing the best football of his career, pissed off, proved to the young guys that they need to prepare for every game, no matter the opponent, and just sent the team into complete domination mode.

Well, it would have been better if they could have figured it out without losing to Fredo, but yep, Brady has been on a mission since that day. On a ******* mission.

Certainly looks to have lit a fire underneath the Patriots. Let's hope that continues into the post-season.

Mangini continues to propel the Patriots in his own way.

Losses like that are great teaching tool for coaches with good teams... It always helps remind them they aren't as good as they thought and helps provide a little fire in their belly for the rest of the season.

I am just happy there wasn't a come down game after the jets hammering last monday

The Browns loss could be like the 2004 MNF game where the Pats lost to Miami and it seemed to be a "wake up call" for the rest of the season. There's something really special going on.

Mangini continues to propel the Patriots in his own way.

Mangina's entire life is to find ways to screw the Patriots. He cares about nothing else which will ultimately cause him to have a short career as an NFL head coach.

Last edited:
I think it was a great thing now that i look back on it

Nothing like a good beat down to make you fight from what you want to be. For the Pats, it was the Browns game. For the Chargers, it was last week with Oakland. I see those two fighting for the AFC championship in New England. Should be a great game.

Agreed. That loss may have been a catalyst for this team the rest of the way. Lets the young guys know we can't just coast even if we are the "better team" in actuality that label is determined on the field of play and nowhere else.

Go Pats!! Really enjoying the ride :rocker:

It reminds me a little of when Tim Tebow was in college in 2008 and they lost at home to Mississippi. (Don't groan, though I know lots of people hate Tebow). After that loss he took the podium, said he screwed up, said it was all his his fault, and that nothing like that would ever happen again and "I promise you one thing: a lot of good will come out of this". Then in private he told the team that every day they needed to focus and they needed to improve at something every practice to make sure that it would never happen again.

Sounds corny, but there was no way they were going to lose again after that. Everytime anybody slacked off in the slightest, there was Tebow and Meyer yelling to remember what happened vs. Ole Miss. It was their "Remember the Alamo" motivating factor.

College is more rah-rah by nature, with open emotion vs. the businesslike approach in the NFL. To some extent, though, I think that the Browns letdown must have been a similar motivating factor and rallying point for the Patriots. Maybe that's a consequence of having strong leaders who know when to sieze upon an opportunity to motivate people.

Last edited:
Maybe we should lose a game before the playoffs......

Sorry... old Michael Gee reference

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back