PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Browns do line dance, agree with Bentley, Shaffer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all surprised...they kind of messed up the Givens deal,,and if pushed, might have brough Tags down hard on them. Bentley himself had an Eagles contract all but signed, but had to take 3 steps back...Not at all surprised by it all. RAC is building a solid football team. One that will give the Steelers and Begals fits!! GREAT for RAC!! Are those the first signings??

Damnit, I was in the middle of trying to copy links and I re-posted this. Maybe a mod can merge em?

Last edited:
Pats726 said:
Not at all surprised...they kind of messed up the Givens deal,,and if pushed, might have brough Tags down hard on them. Bentley himself had an Eagles contract all but signed, but had to take 3 steps back...Not at all surprised by it all. RAC is building a solid football team. One that will give the Steelers and Begals fits!! GREAT for RAC!! Are those the first signings??
As always, it depends on the money. $5M a year is a lot for Shaffer but it may be pumped up by a fake year or two at the end.

Pats726 said:

I'm not sure if those are the first signings but they pulled off a good move getting Bentley what happened with the Eagles most people thought he was
headed that way.

if Crennel can get a good QB, the browns are going to probably be pretty good this year..

Chris

I would have thought that he would make a push for Brees.

Wow, they got Bentley! Good move RAC. SI didn't even have the Browns as a potential suitor for him. Nice.

Chris said:
if Crennel can get a good QB, the browns are going to probably be pretty good this year..

Chris

i thought they're set with carol channing or whatever his name is.

T-ShirtDynasty said:
Wow, they got Bentley! Good move RAC. SI didn't even have the Browns as a potential suitor for him. Nice.
Well he is from Cleveland and was widely assumed to be going there before the Eagles thing happened. SI may not have a clue but this wasn't from out of nowhere.

broadwayjoe said:
I'm not sure if those are the first signings but they pulled off a good move getting Bentley what happened with the Eagles most people thought he was
headed that way.
They had a deal...and it leaked everywhere...as did the Givens signing..it was re-neged..and to prevent tampering charges..he had to walk away from it. So the Browns were there with a pile of money and..DONE!!!

BelichickFan said:
Well he is from Cleveland and was widely assumed to be going there before the Eagles thing happened. SI may not have a clue but this wasn't from out of nowhere.

Yes, I'm sure you had him going to Cleveland the whole time. Nice call after the fact. Keep them coming.

patriotsrule said:
Yes, I'm sure you had him going to Cleveland the whole time. Nice call after the fact. Keep them coming.
Look, ****weed, that's the way it is. Shaffer, I never saw coming. I knew Bentley was Philly or Cleveland. Do me a favor and quit replying to my posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes