PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Browns after Gocong - the rats

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry, he's a still anyway. :bricks:

Pparently Holmgren's superhuman cholesterol levels have yet to impede bloodflow to the brain. Could also be a ruse by Philly to make a run at NE's upper seconds.

Gocong would be good in our system. I've seen him here living in Pa. Vrabel pt. II

Linebackers have cooties.:(

This site is laughable sometimes. People want to give up a 2nd for Gocong, he of 4 sacks in 3 years playing in a high pressure defense. The same guy who Philly fans font like and were upset that witherspoon was cut instead of him.

I see a trend where people on this site obsees with lightskinned linebackers and call of them the next Vrabel.

Seward
Barwin
Gocong

this draft is loaded with conversion guys, would rather take a chance on them.

This site is laughable sometimes. People want to give up a 2nd for Gocong, he of 4 sacks in 3 years playing in a high pressure defense. The same guy who Philly fans font like and were upset that witherspoon was cut instead of him.

I see a trend where people on this site obsees with lightskinned linebackers and call of them the next Vrabel.

Seward
Barwin
Gocong

Wait..wait..wait, Seward is white? That kind of blows my mind.

IMO, I think the black/white thing is all in your head. I think people on this board obsess with both black and white players.

No its not in my head...you'll be shocked to see every time the Pats are linked with a white linebacker, people compare it to vrabel. And Im not saying this is a race issue cause i dont care, but its predictable. We have not found the next vrabel in the 9 years since we signed him.

Marques murrell was an extremely productive college player, who has spent his first 3 seasons as a special teamer..similar to Vrabel, but no one would compare him to him.

Vrabel, Harrison...

Got way more from their aquisitions than most would've predicted. Regardless of the whole racial aspect : we'd be truly lucky to get guys like that coming over from other teams and sustain excellence the way they did.

Gocong vs draft picks. Lets keep the picks and see what we can find in April.

Would Gocong really be good in the Pats' system? Based on what? There is a thinking this guy would be better suited in a 3-4, but there is zero evidence that he will definitely be good in a 3-4.

The guy has been average at best with the Eagles. He could turn into the next Vrabel or he could Monty Beisel. If the the Browns give up more than a 4th for this guy, they might have gotten fleeced.

Vrabel, Harrison...

Got way more from their aquisitions than most would've predicted. Regardless of the whole racial aspect : we'd be truly lucky to get guys like that coming over from other teams and sustain excellence the way they did.

Gocong vs draft picks. Lets keep the picks and see what we can find in April.

The Pats signed Vrabel to a very modest deal and he was a free agent. That is the difference between him and Gocong. Harrison was a Pro Bowler in San Deigo who had injury concerns. Again, different from Gocong.

If the Pats could swing a deal for a fourth or less for the guy, I might be happy with it. He is definitely not worth a second though.

The Pats signed Vrabel to a very modest deal and he was a free agent. That is the difference between him and Gocong. Harrison was a Pro Bowler in San Deigo who had injury concerns. Again, different from Gocong.

If the Pats could swing a deal for a fourth or less for the guy, I might be happy with it. He is definitely not worth a second though.

Vrabel was an RFA, I believe.

I know senility would be the answer for why I thought that, but why would i be able to find a Steelers site with this?

Just wondering if he was and we made a deal.
April 20, 2000: The Steelers signed LB Mike Vrabel to a tender offer.Vrabel could not accept offers from other teams as a restricted free agent after missing the deadline for signing offer sheets last week.

oops, wrong year, I guess.

I saw the blurb on Patriots.com, Hok but i still remember something about him being an RFA at least one point as we pursued him. Maybe someone could offer more.

http://olympia.fortunecity.com/baylor/47/trade.html

Last edited:
No its not in my head...you'll be shocked to see every time the Pats are linked with a white linebacker, people compare it to vrabel. And Im not saying this is a race issue cause i dont care, but its predictable. We have not found the next vrabel in the 9 years since we signed him.

Marques murrell was an extremely productive college player, who has spent his first 3 seasons as a special teamer..similar to Vrabel, but no one would compare him to him.

It's only natural. We got lucky with Vrabel, people want to get lucky again.

I'm totally mistaken it seems, my apologies.

For some reason I was sure he was an RFA, but he was not.

Maybe they tried to kick the tires earlier when he was, or maybe I need to refill my ginko biloba.:(

Last edited:

Seward
Barwin
Gocong

This site is laughable sometimes. Especially when people go off and expose their lack of football education. First, sack totals are irrelevent in the conversation as Gocong would play inside here. Second, he is playing out of position as a 43 Sam. His natural fit is quite clearly the 34 Mike. If you paid attention to the defense the past few couple of seasons, you would have realized that a Mike is missing as sorely as any other position. A mike would complete the ILB corps, and greatly increase the overall effectiveness of the defense. To me, that's worth giving something up for.

This site is laughable sometimes. Especially when people go off and expose their lack of football education. First, sack totals are irrelevent in the conversation as Gocong would play inside here. Second, he is playing out of position as a 43 Sam. His natural fit is quite clearly the 34 Mike. If you paid attention to the defense the past few couple of seasons, you would have realized that a Mike is missing as sorely as any other position. A mike would complete the ILB corps, and greatly increase the overall effectiveness of the defense. To me, that's worth giving something up for.
I can see him playing inside and out, he's got that capacity and he rushes well off the edge and creates pressure as a blitzer - which people seem to forget from the Eagles visit in 2007.

I'm all into upgrading our talent on both sides of the ball. BUT when I see players like Boldin, who's traded for a 3rd and 4th, I think people need to reevaluate a players worth..

AND if we do trade for a Vet, I believe its imperative we get a pick back.. Very similar to the Seattle and San Diego trade..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back