PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Browner sounds like he expects to be cut

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't mind him back here. Stick him on the opposing team's TE all game. Or have him beat up a #1 WR at the LOS with constant safety help.

I think there is a lot of value in a guy who knows the system now and browner does.
Very good point. Does that translate to safety though?

Very good point. Does that translate to safety though?
probably, but he doesn't necessarily need to move to safety. I think his poor play in New orleans was in my view more because of a poor fit and poor discipline on his part. While the poor discipline is obviously an issue, he wasnt nearly as bad here as he was in New Orleans.

probably, but he doesn't necessarily need to move to safety. I think his poor play in New orleans was in my view more because of a poor fit and poor discipline on his part. While the poor discipline is obviously an issue, he wasnt nearly as bad here as he was in New Orleans.
Yea, you're right.. I could see him being very useful again purely based on matchups, not slated as "starter" or "backup." The way he handled Jimmy Graham was definitely a difference maker. If he can play that role, and just lock down TEs, it would really boost this defense.

It seems that gronk has led the evolution of receiving TEs. Browner + Chung would give us a big advantage against the Kelces, Daniels, Grahams etc as well as big WRs.

Browner's year here was so overrated. At times he was awesome, but if he couldn't get a jam on the line he got burned worse than all the Logan Ryan haters claimed he got burnt on every play. He was very hit or miss.

I would rather keep Butler and Ryan as starters and build better depth around them.

Get him back! WE can get him back cheap!
I rather have him and show these young receivers how to be tough.

We have just too many Mr. Nice guys in our defense. What Browner brought was that meanness that gives receivers pause. I am not calling for a headhunter, but man, if we can get someone like Kam.

When Browner was here his shenanigans and inadequacies were tolerated because Revis was on the field, while Malcolm Butler is more than adequate there is no one to cover up for Browner's deficiencies..

Bringing a penalty prone DB, who had terrible coverage skills this year is probably not the best move... he might be one of those veteran guys who BB knows it is better to "release" him a year early rather than a year too late.

No.

Sean Smith. Tall and good CB. Young and does not go nuts on pass-interference.

And Logan Ryan is NOT the answer at RCB.

Put me down in the"thanks but no thanks" group.

I liked Browner when he was here, I think he filled a good role for the team despite the occasionally maddening penalties.

And of course he was a major part of The Biggest Play In Patriots And Super Bowl history.

But I love our good young secondary and I think that in the year or two they could be one of the best groups in the NYJFL.

So I really don't see any need to bring Browner back

I wouldnt mind having him back and play the same role Chung does. That would mean cutting Tavon most likely.
You mean we'd cut ur #7 safety for Browner?

Just perhaps, we'll have only 5 or 6 safeties this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back