PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Browner,Easley and Stork Downgraded to OUT for week 6 at Buffalo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a really bad feeling about this game....

Shocker.gif

Post/Username

I have a really bad feeling about this game....

Pretty sure 75% or more of the people here last week felt the same way vs Cincy..even worse..and look at how that turned out. I will counter your bad feeling with a good feeling and a good road W vs the Jills

strange about browner.

Why? Short week vs Cincy..knew he wouldn't play. His is injured (ankle or leg IIRC) and hard time getting playbook ) Based on that..not so strange

Stork being ruled out is terrible news. Odds of winning decrease dramatically.

This a game where Stork being out isn't as bad as people think. Yes, the Bills have a dominant d-line, but they rarely line a d-lineman over center or in fact they rarely line up one or both DTs inside the guards at all. They split their d-line wide so the DEs are lined up wide outside the tackle and the DTs line up on the guard or outside the guard.

Have a smaller, but faster Wendell at center might actually be a good thing. He can quickly move to pick up the right defender to double. He will rarely have a d-lineman lining up right over him because that isn't the way Jim Schwartz runs his defense. In fact, he may not have a d-lineman line up within a yard of the center for most of the game.

Here is the video from Patriots All Access. At the 31:00 mark starts Belichick with the Belistrtator showing why losing Stork may not be nearly as big of a deal as people think:

All Access 10/10/2014 | Patriots.com - Media Center - Videos

Last edited:
more two tight ends sets please!!!

somewhat nervous now...it would suck to be 0-2 in the division. but we were 4-2 last year with both losses on the road

Last edited:
Solder-Cannon-Connolly-Wendell-Vollmer is probably the best option with Stork out and Fleming likely out as well.

I would put Wendell at center. You need your bigger, stronger guys at guard and your faster guy at center when playing the Bills. The DTs of the Bills will line up on the guards and leave the center uncovered. The guards will be taking Daerius and Williams on and the center will be providing support.

If the Bills lined up like a normal 4 man front, I would agree. But the Bills split their line to take advantage of Mario Williams' and Hughes speed on the edges.

It's gonna be very hard for them to set that mug protection they were trending to with stork. It's gonna be even harder to run their play action effectively without that good push up front. Last week Stork was firing off so well their run/pass tells we're nearly impossible to read off the snap. It was a neat little wrinkle and one I feel they're trying to add to their 2014 offense. If successfully implemented it could be wildly successful. Keeping a back in with guard to guard responsibility was another wrinkle they showed and proved effective last week. I think we'll see a lot of that this week. Sensing a Devlin heavy game.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2
Easley & Stork, two players entering the draft with injury histories, are injured? What a shock.

Get used to it, especially regarding Easley.

2014 draft looking real good, as some of us feared.

I think Brandon Browner is about to provide Danny Amendola with some company in the Whipping Boys Club around here.

Why? Short week vs Cincy..knew he wouldn't play. His is injured (ankle or leg IIRC) and hard time getting playbook ) Based on that..not so strange

How is he injured??? He hasn't played In a game

How is he injured??? He hasn't played In a game
Have you ever heard of getting hurt in practice, like our QB apparently did. Do you think players only get injured in a game?

Easley & Stork, two players entering the draft with injury histories, are injured? What a shock.

Get used to it, especially regarding Easley.

2014 draft looking real good, as some of us feared.
Care to delight us with more of your wisdom :D

Stork being ruled out is terrible news. Odds of winning decrease dramatically.
While I do feel it hurts us a bit in this game, I do not think it'll cause as huge of a difference as you are stating. Hopefully the OL still plays a solid game albeit the fact that they're facing arguably the best D-line in football.

But if anything, if its one or the other, hopefully it's Connolly moving to center and not Wendell.

Not happy about Stork. I really wanted Connolly and Wendell to settle in at guard but now one of them will probably be at center. I really hope Cannon doesn't end up playing somewhere on the interior. I have a feeling Devey will get a start and do so-so.

Not too concerned about Browner. It's actually strange that we have an abundance of defensive backs considering they use to drop like flies for about the last decade.

I am really intrigued by the dline. Chandler might still be hurt, ired Buchannon, cut Velano, and Easley is out. I hope what we put out there is good enough to limit Fred Jackson.

I am really intrigued by the dline. Chandler might still be hurt, ired Buchannon, cut Velano, and Easley is out. I hope what we put out there is good enough to limit Fred Jackson.

And Siliga is on in-season IR. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back