Welcome to PatsFans.com

Brown Win Stocks Rise The Sun Will Shine

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Harry Boy, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

Former Barack Obama supporter Jim Cramer on Friday said the stock market would have a huge rally if Scott Brown defeats Martha Coakley in Tuesday's special senatorial election in Massachusetts.

"I think investors who are nervous about the dictatorship of the Pelosi proletariat will feel at ease, and we could have a gigantic rally off a Coakley loss and a Brown win," said Cramer on Friday's "Mad Money."

"It will be a signal that a more pro-business, less pro-labor government could be in front of us."

Read more: CNBC's Jim Cramer: Brown Win Tuesday Causes Huge Stock Rally As Investors Celebrate 'Pelosi Politburo Emasculation' | NewsBusters.org
  2. Hebeill

Hebeill Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Dude the market went up over 4000 points since last year it doesn't need scot brown....
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2010
  3. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +508 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

It needs new catalysts - the main reason it's up so much is interest rates are minuscule and safe haven money markets are making less than 0.5% annually. Basically mattress stuffing. There's nowhere to put money which is practically forcing people to put money in stocks. When interest rates start rising the market will crumble even more than usual when interest rates rise.
  4. s.t.e.n.d.e.c

s.t.e.n.d.e.c Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

You were saying there going to go up, they've gone Down WTF.
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2010
  5. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +508 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

6. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +662 / 2 / -9

Nope, I didn't say it Jim Cramer did, I delivered his message......
  7. s.t.e.n.d.e.c

s.t.e.n.d.e.c Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

8. Hebeill

Hebeill Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

In 1981 the unemployment rate was the same as now under reagen, i'm sure you will say reagon inherited it from carter. So what's the difference?
  9. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +508 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Yeah, slamming business and profits and raising taxes will, indeed, make it take years.
  10. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +508 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Reagan's policies resulted in explosive GDP growth around the middle of the 2nd year. We'll see how obama does, it will be a big surprise if he can duplicate that. If he can, and if employment results, then obama wins this discussion. It doesn't appear that will be the case though.
  11. s.t.e.n.d.e.c

s.t.e.n.d.e.c Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Buisness's were going under left and right, that seems to have slowed. Still the banks that recieved bail out money didn't pass it along to small buisness. If going to toss blame around you can start with the banks who've made billions after creating this crisis, and who are walking away scott free.
  12. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +508 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Well we've argued this stuff ad nauseum - the fact of the matter is that being President is a results oriented activity. You may disagree but he can't just keep blaming Bush and have many independents buy it. Was he in a no win situation ? I don't think so. You do. What we think is actually moot; in terms of elections, the voters are going to vote based on how things are. And in terms of the stock market they will buy or sell based on the same criteria.

As of this moment obama isn't getting the job done. Was the job impossible for anyone to get done ? Maybe, maybe not. But the voters and the stock market will vote based on the actual results not the results relative to reasonable expectations.

That said, it was time for a correction, I don't think we're going to see the bottom fall out of the market, I think we be higher by the end of the year.
  13. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +377 / 3 / -15

I'll stick my neck out and call you on your prediction BF. I think the markets will be flat to lower by year end. I say that largely because bank stocks have been holding up the markets to a large extent. Based upon what Obama proposed today (which I like very much), the outlook for banks won't look so rosey.

That plus the fact that employment, available credit, consumer spending and real estate will remain in the tank for 2010....I just don't see how investors will bid up stock prices.

I very well could be wrong, but that's what I'm calling.
  14. BelichickFan

Ratings:
    +508 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

You may be right, it's more a guess than a prediction on my part. I don't think the bottom will fall out though.
  15. PatriotsReign

PatriotsReign On the Roster

Ratings:
    +377 / 3 / -15

I don't care who makes a prediction on the stock market BF....It's a guess for us and anyone else.

I agree that the bottom shouldn't drop out though. I did read something that said there's a 10-20% chance a new bottom will ocurr...but that's just another guess. If the guy's right, he be lauded as a guru.:rolleyes: