Broncos WR McKinnley takes own life

Status
Not open for further replies.

R_T26

Banned
Reaction score
Sad

http://www.macsfootballblog.com/2010/09/report-broncos-wr-kenny-mckinley.html

That is absolutely terrible. I wish that he was able to get some kind of help with whatever was wrong to prevent this. RIP Kenny.

Last edited:
May he find peace

Oh,my. Horrible news...R.I.P.

Re: OT: Broncos WR Kenny McKinley found dead in apparent suicide

so young, had so much ahead of him :(
Including a young son. If this was a suicide, then . . . well I won't say it.

Simply tragic. RIP.

Just saw...

just awful RIP Kenny

I saw the story on Yahoo and came here to see if anyone had started a thread yet. The story I read, however, didn't say anything about suicide.

Whatever the case, it sucks. :(

I saw the story on Yahoo and came here to see if anyone had started a thread yet. The story I read, however, didn't say anything about suicide.

Whatever the case, it sucks. :(

The Denver Post says he shot himself in the head..

whatever the reason he did this, please remember that those who suffer from serious mental health problems often have no idea what they are doing when things like this happen even if it seems they did. They are often in a fog and cant distinguish between reality and what they perceive to be comfort.

The best thing people can do is remember him as a person and not by this. Hopefully this helps people in America realize that everyone is effected by mental health problems, even athletes and how they can help these people learn how to effectively manage this issue and led a long productive life..

What a tragedy. Few families are immune from some form of mental health issues. Those that are immune are exceedingly fortunate.

What a tragedy. Few families are immune from some form of mental health issues. Those that are immune are exceedingly fortunate.

I get really angry when folks jump to "mental health issue" when suicide is mentioned. You don't know what his situation was, and have no call to associate suicide and mental illness. One does not mean the other is present, ever.

A better question to ask is what medications he was taking, and what side effects could be present. He was IR'd for an injury and Lord knows what the Doctors may have prescribed for him and how well he was tolerating them, etc.

Regardless, though, God Bless him and comfort his family.

Very sad :(

RIP.

The poor guy, how awful for his family:( The article says his pro-career injury problems had probably depressed him but Steve Spurrier says he finds suicide hard to believe after having recently seen McKinley at a game.

McKinley is the third active Broncos player to die in the last 4 years
McKinley is the third active Broncos player to die in the past four years. Running back Damien Nash, 24, collapsed and died after a charity basketball game in December 2007. And cornerback Darrent Williams, 24, was killed in a drive-by shooting on New Year's Day 2007 in Denver.
Broncos WR Kenny McKinley found dead in apparent suicide - The Denver Post

RIP:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back