PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos week is here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brady has TORCHEEd Denver's defense the last few times they have played...I'm not too concerned about the offensive side of the ball...this one could be a shootout.

But if talib and dennard are a go then ilwe may have enough on defense. Thomas is a better matchup for talib than smith was

Living in Indy I've had to endure Manning worship for too many years. I so want us to beat him.

Won't happen. Denver's Front 7 is improved and the pats o-line not as good as las year. This is a short week for the boys - not expecting much. Plus denver's confidnce has to be high.

With the current state of the pass defense, I don't think Manning will be losing any sleep this week.

I figure he'll throw for a 1,000 yards and 10 touchdowns.

If Welker plays, make it 1,200 yards and 12 touchdowns.

With the current state of the pass defense, I don't think Manning will be losing any sleep this week.

I figure he'll throw for a 1,000 yards and 10 touchdowns.

If Welker plays, make it 1,200 yards and 12 touchdowns.

Pass D last night wasn't great, but let's wait to see if dennard returns. Plus talib will have another game under his belt to get the rust off - talb is more suited to cover bigger and more physical WRs liked demarius thomas, not the quicker kinds like steve smith. Dennard on smith woild have been a better match up.

Bunch of chicken littles here...ok we lost last night but I think we have a good chance to defeat denver..brady is not Alex smith were at home..and hopefully dennard/talib playing

Hopefully Jones can get to manning because that in large part will determine our success IMO!

I've dreaded this game since week 1, and frankly the injuries that the defense has been facing give me little confidence that the Patriots will be able to pull this out.

The Chiefs - one of the best defenses in the game - held Denver to 27 points. Twenty. Seven. That's still quite a lot. Against an Elite defense.

If the Patriots had a healthy Wilfork, Kelly, Mayo, Gregory, Talib and Dennard, I would like my chances. But Wilfork, Kelly and Mayo are out for the year, Gregory is done for a few weeks with a broken thumb, Talib hurt his hip again last night and that raises questions about his ability to play, and Dennard missed the game with a mysterious knee injury.

The defense has no real talent outside of Chandler Jones and McCourty. It wouldn't surprise me if Denver scores on every drive. And even with the Pats offense starting to click, I don't think they can keep pace.

In my honest opinion, I see a loss along the lines of Denver 38, New England 21.

Manning's 3 headed monster of a receiving core scares me a lot more than Manning himself, especially given all the injuries to our secondary right now.....

This game will come down to which D is worse.

Pass D last night wasn't great, but let's wait to see if dennard returns. Plus talib will have another game under his belt to get the rust off - talb is more suited to cover bigger and more physical WRs liked demarius thomas, not the quicker kinds like steve smith. Dennard on smith woild have been a better match up.

We're down to hoping and praying that two injured cornerbacks can somehow play next Sunday.

Yep, keep smokin' that wacky tabaccy.

Brady is better than Payton, the difference is not the QB (ours is better). The difference is that the Broncos have more playmakers. Welker, Thomas, Decker are great after the catch. Moreno has a great year and makes people miss in space. Julius Thomas has 10TDs. The one thing that I miss about Welker is the YAC. Amendola, Edelman, Dobson are not as good as he is in that aspect.

I wonder if this game comes down to whoever has the ball last will win. Right now i tend to prefer a ball control approach like last night limiting the number of drives for the other team.

The way I see it is that the only real chance that we have with the 2013 team is to somehow get the 2nd seed and first round bye. That should enable us to have a good shot at making the AFCCG. Other than that, we have waaaay too many injuries on defense. We're now down to 5/11 starters on defense in a year where we are basically rebuilding on offense, and have some issues on the offensive line etc.

I am with you. If we don't get the #2 seed...it's over. Like you said way too many injuries to play an extra game. But now with that loss and a loss to denver (IMO) they will have to win the last 5.

Isn't it weird to think that the colts or bengals could get the #2 seed? AFC sucks this year if you think about it

Pats don't need the bye. They just need to stop denver from winning the afc west. Noway Peyton wins 3 straight roads games. I like our chances at home in the playoffs vs them. Stiffen up the field again like we did in 05 if you can do that with the artificial turf haha. Pats can win in indy, KC, and cincy. KC will be especially tough but, I don't see Alex Smith winning any super bowls. Offense has picked up and chiefs probably won't be able to keep up.

They need to play their cleanest game of the year if they want to beat the Broncos. Manning gets so many flags thrown in his favour that the Patriots cannot afford to give them an easy first down on penalties. I hate the refs and I hate Manning . This is going to be a long week, I just want Sunday to get here quickly!

We need Dennard and Gregory back next week and we need to insert someone that will inject life into the pass rush. This is the type of game for Buchanan. He won't have to worry about rushing too far upfield like he does with mobile quarterbacks. Offensively, the Broncos still don't have anybody that can contain Gronk or Amendola. I hope this team is nice and pissed off about last night. They'll need to play with an edge.

pats don't lose 2 in a row right? especially with second one at home? :D 1 thing they have going for them i guess

Eh, I doubt defense will have all that much to do with this game. I'm guessing they'll put up about 100 combined points like Denver's game in Dallas. (Though, like that game, a turnover in a key moment may ultimately decide the thing.)

I am with you. If we don't get the #2 seed...it's over. Like you said way too many injuries to play an extra game. But now with that loss and a loss to denver (IMO) they will have to win the last 5.

Isn't it weird to think that the colts or bengals could get the #2 seed? AFC sucks this year if you think about it

Did you watch the Ravens last year? They were decimated by injuries too. Playing Wild Card Weekend didn't hurt that team.

Fact of the matter is there are more Super Bowl winners who played Wild Card Weekend in the past decade than didn't.

I actually think the Pats match up well against the Broncos. The Broncos' secondary is not very good. I think Brady will have a field day with wide open receivers.

I also think the Pats will do a good job pressuring Manning. His o-line seems to have problems with smaller faster d-lines and the Pats actually have that now. I think Chandler Jones will be in Manning's face quite a bit.

Of course, the biggest concern is the health of the Pats' secondary. But I think they will have all their DBs playing next Sunday for the first time in a long time. I may be wrong, but I think they held out Dennard and Gregory to make sure they were as healthy as possible this week.

Fact of the matter is there are more Super Bowl winners who played Wild Card Weekend in the past decade than didn't.

I have seen that. But as of late the pats have struggled big time come playoffs. And this year all of their losses are on the road. They aren't a very good road team right now. I would MUCH rather them play 2 games then 3. With the last 1 being on the road most likely. AFC is bad this year.

Having Dennard and Talib out next week would be a huge blow that i don't think they can overcome. Thomas, Decker and possibly welker without our top 2 corners screams 30+ for Denver. Hopefully 1 can play

The pats O can score on the Denver D no question. But getting in a shootout?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back