PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos the measuring stick?

IllegalContact

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
The globe says so.....

So let me get this straight.... They get an aging qb who is still effective.....they're good for a couple of years and that's the standard?

The end was visible when it began......the pats have been at fielding top teams for 15 years with some down years with down years in 2002, 2005, 2008-2009.......otherwise they've been to the final 4 each of the last 3 years.....the 'heartbeat' suggests a down year anyway.

People said it was over in 2005

I think Denver has been so overrated this year. Obviously, the Pats have a long way to go to be at their level, but the Broncos have been inconsistent. People ignore the fact from the second half of the KC game to the fourth quarter of the Seattle game, the Broncos scored 6 points and went 5 quarters without scoring a TD. Yet everyone talks about how the offense may be better than last year. And their offense was inconsistent in the first two games and they could have lost either of their first two games.

If anything right now, the Bengals are the measuring stick for what an elite AFC team is right now.

For the standard for a team with sustainability, they are way down the list. The Broncos prior to Manning were much like the Dolphins - endlessly searching for their QB replacement for their retired HOF QB. How many QBs did the Broncos go through between Elway and Manning?

People are going way overboard with the bashing of Belichick the GM this week. The media seem to have been waiting for a game like the Chiefs' game to unload on him. The rewriting of history is getting ridiculous now to bash him.

Are we talking past years or this year??? Because past years have nothing to do with this year.

Well, I read the article this morning — and believe me, last thing I'd want to do is seem to defend a column by Gasper — but the piece is pretty clearly only about this year.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/10/04/gasper/XqrUwvDQef2K1txBJ7mvTI/story.html

So much so that it's kind of a "well duh" column. Gasper does point out that the Broncos are not perfect by any means. And he says it's too early to give up on the '14 Patriots. Not particularly insightful, but far from inflammatory.

The globe says so.....

So let me get this straight.... They get an aging qb who is still effective.....they're good for a couple of years and that's the standard?

The end was visible when it began......the pats have been at fielding top teams for 15 years with some down years with down years in 2002, 2005, 2008-2009.......otherwise they've been to the final 4 each of the last 3 years.....the 'heartbeat' suggests a down year anyway.

People said it was over in 2005
One winner....31 losers....and the order of losers is inconsequential. This board mocked Indy's decade long run of regular season wins/playoff failures....but after reading the OP.......I guess there has been a shift in sentiment.

Well, I read the article this morning — and believe me, last thing I'd want to do is seem to defend a column by Gasper — but the piece is pretty clearly only about this year.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2014/10/04/gasper/XqrUwvDQef2K1txBJ7mvTI/story.html

So much so that it's kind of a "well duh" column. Gasper does point out that the Broncos are not perfect by any means. And he says it's too early to give up on the '14 Patriots. Not particularly insightful, but far from inflammatory.

This changes the whole discussion. I posted before I saw the article.

I still think the media in general are overrating what the Broncos are this year (at least through three games they have played).

I dunno. If Lacy is actually back, rather than just "back" because Minnesota couldn't generate offense from a third string QB... I am thinking GB might be the big dawg of offenses. Denver's defense is not a really big part of the equation, and neither is GB's. Biggest stat: 12. That's the number of games left before the playoffs. We're through one quarter.

Just continued trolling from Gasper. Nothing more, nothing less.

One winner....31 losers....and the order of losers is inconsequential. This board mocked Indy's decade long run of regular season wins/playoff failures....but after reading the OP.......I guess there has been a shift in sentiment.

This sentiment is really only valid if you are a pats fan

I've never looked at it this way..... I guess too times I watched the pats get eliminated from the playoffs in November

after watching Broncos vs Cardinals yesterday, I will never believe that taking cheap shots at their opponents is not part of their game plan. what they did yesterday and Welker's hit on Talib last season ....those are not incidental

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back