PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos sign Aqib Talib

Status
Not open for further replies.
When he isn't healthy come playoffs..they are going to realize the mistake. Some broncos fans aren't sure on him right now..

Difference is that unlike us, they have depth. Even if Talib gets injured it won't hurt them like it hurt us. Plus, also unlike us, they will have a good pass rush with Miller and Ware.

This is fkin gay, why don't they put Dobson as a CB now.... Give Edelman away too...wow pretty big cheapskates in new England.

I think you've been eating too many Kraft singles, what part of no STUD CB and S combo no success doesn't this organization understand...it's costed you 2 superbowls now more, good EFFIN LUCK COMPETING AGAISNT DENVER AND SEATTLE now

I think its good the pats don't have to worry about him.

can't believe they spent that kind of $$ for a guy who has been pretty ineffective in the playoffs the last 2 years.

They can have the gimp. He always wilted when the Pats needed him the most. Sort of like Welker if you think about it.

Now we HAVE to get Steve Smith because if we do then, unlike last year, this year it'll be fun to see Smith b****slap Talib for 60 minutes. :D

I'm sorry to see him go. The number was correct, but the guarantees were too high for Talib to get past. Don't blame John Elway. He was taught how to play the cap for short bursts during the end of his career. That's his philosophy, take a risk for the short term and then take the hit when it all comes crashing down you you. Those contracts Denver are signing must all be heavily back loaded.

The problem with that is that in the NFL the team with the so called best talent doesn't always win, because the overall talent is basically the same from team to team, even though the media doesn't see it. Its been proven over and over again. A few key injuries, a few bad bounces at a key time, or just running into a hot team that can't do anything wrong in the playoffs and all that money goes down the toilet for another year.

My biggest regret about losing Talib is that we are going to have to hear from the Borges' and Felger's of the world for the next few months complaining about why BB and Kraft are idiots for not spending wildly. They will blithely ignore the unparallelled success that we've had doing it the Patriots Way, and rant historically and hypocritically from their bully pulpits.

Giving out these huge contracts is going to make it difficult for the Broncos to begin to assemble any sort of offensive line. An OL they are going to have rebuild from scratch. Manning will have even less time to throw next season and teams will consistently flood the mid range zones because not only can't he throw it deep anymore, even if he could, he's not going to have the time. Their D better be good.

That makes no sense. I would never advocate mortgaging your future when you have Tebow. But when you have one of the best QB's of all time - like both NE and Denver do - it's not a bad idea.

But don't worry folks, we'll have plenty of cap space available when Chase Rettig takes over for Tom Brady down the road.

You can easily convince yourself that it's win-now in any circumstance. The truth is that it's not, and playoff football is so dependent on luck that the way to win is basically build a good team to get there... and pray.

The Giants with Eli Manning have won more Super Bowls in the last 10 years than Peyton and Brady combined that way. The way you screw yourself is by mortgaging the future so badly that you cease making the playoffs two years down the line, thus forfeiting any ability to get in on the roulette table that is the playoffs.

Difference is that unlike us, they have depth. Even if Talib gets injured it won't hurt them like it hurt us. Plus, also unlike us, they will have a good pass rush with Miller and Ware.

They have not even signed Ware yet to my knowledge... and, hours into free agency you already know the Patriots will not have a good pass rush in 2014?

Ton of money but the Broncos sure know how to play the FA game .... the greatly improve their team while severely weakening their #1 AFC opponent in the process. :mad:

aqib-talib-boss-face-smoking-cigar-570x339.png

gonna miss the crazy bastid
Yeah, but we held onto Amendola today. :eek:

Keep in mind that Talib will be playing on grass now. I can definitely see him playing a full 16 games + entire playoff run.

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora 4m

Everything I've heard is that Revis would love to be a Patriot, above any other option. Still ample time for that to happen

Hmmmm......

We should trade for Welker and get Steve Smith, both players are Talib's Kryptonite.:D

My biggest regret about losing Talib is that we are going to have to hear from the Borges' and Felger's of the world for the next few months complaining about why BB and Kraft are idiots for not spending wildly. They will blithely ignore the unparallelled success that we've had doing it the Patriots Way, and rant historically and hypocritically from their bully pulpits.
Unfortunately, it is looking more and more like the "Patriot Way" is to stumble ass backwards into the greatest QB of all time, and then rely on him to carry you through all your front office shortcomings.

They have not even signed Ware yet to my knowledge... and, hours into free agency you already know the Patriots will not have a good pass rush in 2014?

Yes, based on the last 5 or 6 years I can safely assume that the Pats will once again have a weak pass rush.

Ware will inevitably become a Bronco based on several reports.

Sounds like Allen is in serious talks with SEA, Ware in talks with DEN. Melton in talks with DAL. Patriots talking to Costa....

I'm not upset losing Talib over that kind of money. I'm more upset that the team didn't make a play for Verner whom they could have had for chump change compared to what the other corners received.

Cue the Patriots fans who now think Talib is a "traitor"

You can easily convince yourself that it's win-now in any circumstance. The truth is that it's not, and playoff football is so dependent on luck that the way to win is basically build a good team to get there... and pray.

The Giants with Eli Manning have won more Super Bowls in the last 10 years than Peyton and Brady combined that way. The way you screw yourself is by mortgaging the future so badly that you cease making the playoffs two years down the line, thus forfeiting any ability to get in on the roulette table that is the playoffs.
Well like I said... we'll have plenty of cap space available for the Chase Rettig era, and all Denver will have is a couple of Lombardi's.

I've been waiting for a Patsfans meltdown since we didn't have 3 huge money contracts signed at 4:01pm. Looks like I am finally getting my wish.

In free agency, I follow the "In BB I Trust" mantra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes