PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos sign Aqib Talib

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gotham needed Batman and Foxboro needs Revis.

Broncos know they have a tight window with Manning, so they are mortgaging the future to win it all right now.

I wish Belichick wasn't too pig headed to take the same strategy.

We had Talib last year ... how did that work out ... man your horrible at this :bricks:

For that price, they can have him.

Denver is not in our division.

As far as we're concerned, they are worse than that. Peyton is in our way to a Superbowl, pretty much every year. We aren't building just to win the division are we?

The Broncos are actually a reason why mortgaging the future based on your quarterback doesn't make any sense. No one could have predicted in 2011-2012 when they were a rebuilding team riding Tim Tebow that they'd be a veteran contender team two years later.
That makes no sense. I would never advocate mortgaging your future when you have Tebow. But when you have one of the best QB's of all time - like both NE and Denver do - it's not a bad idea.

But don't worry folks, we'll have plenty of cap space available when Chase Rettig takes over for Tom Brady down the road.

How the **** can Denver afford him with both Thomas and Miller going into contract years. This better not be the year Talib stops getting injured in the playoffs...

Man I hope we dont go into next season with dennard ryan and arrington and some rookie who will prob be a bust. Pathetic how there has been no stability at the corner position ever since Law left.

$26mill guarantee, 9.5 mill a year for 6 years is way more than I expected. Way too much.

We had Talib last year ... how did that work out ... man your horrible at this :bricks:
Are you honestly in denial over the fact that:

1) Denver was the better team last year, and
2) Since that AFCCG, Denver has gotten better and we have gotten worse

...?

But don't worry folks, we'll have plenty of cap space available when Chase Rettig takes over for Tom Brady down the road.

When he isn't healthy come playoffs..they are going to realize the mistake. Some broncos fans aren't sure on him right now..

Im sorry to say this but even with the addition of Revis we aren't even close to Denver. Denver added Talib, Ward, and will likely add Ware.

They will steamroll us and the rest of the AFC.

Most guaranteed $$ ever for a CB....holy horrible

Can't wait to see Talib on the sideline in this years AFCCG while the Denver defense wilts and dies.

Great player and all, but I'd rather we have a mediocre secondary all the time than a great secondary for 10 games and horse crap the others. Plus with all that guaranteed money? Good riddance.

Im sorry to say this but even with the addition of Revis we aren't even close to Denver. Denver added Talib, Ward, and will likely add Ware.

They will steamroll us and the rest of the AFC.

Glad you jumped off the cliff

A bunch of Broncos fans are very weary...would have rather had DRC

well at lest he wont help them when they play the pats cause the pats don't have any good WR's for him to cover LOL, 10 million was a bit to much to give on Talib but don't look for the pats to get darrelle revis, its Dennard. Ryan and Harmon time. lets hope they get a pass rusher and can still play

I think its good the pats don't have to worry about him.

can't believe they spent that kind of $$ for a guy who has been pretty ineffective in the playoffs the last 2 years.

Worse part about this is Verner going cheap to Tampa Bay.

This has to put the Patriots in the running for Revis now? Surely it does?

Further to that point, is Denver really that flush with salary? I know they cleared some space but wow, they seem to be spending heavily.

Denver would never cheat the cap. :coffee:

Wow! I Didn't Expect That At All! Are There Any Better Options Than Overpaying For Revis? Don't Really Care To Go Down That Road!

Most guaranteed money for a CB in NFL history. For a guy with legal, drug, and injury concerns. Right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back