PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos Seahawks and Eagles according to Mort

Status
Not open for further replies.

sarge

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Broncos Seahawks and Eagles according to Mort are the suiters that Branch will be courting.

I have to believe the price for the Broncos will be steeper then the eagles and Seahawks!

sarge said:
Broncos Seahawks and Eagles according to Mort are the suiters that Branch will be courting.

I have to believe the price for the Broncos will be steeper then the eagles and Seahawks!

Hmm thats an interesting list.

I have to think that I wouldn't want to deal with the Broncos. Beside being a rival, they are very shrewd, I couldn't believe they got Champ Bailey and a 2nd rd pick in return for Clinton Portis. I believe with both Rod Smith and Javon Walker they would not give up what we are looking for anyway.

I would love to send him to either of those two NFC teams. I wonder if we could get a player and a first day pick? Like Sheldon Brown and a third rounder for Branch? I'd do that in a minute. I would love to have either Michael Lewis or Brown on our team.
From Seattle, I believe we would just get a pick because they're gearing up for a Super Bowl run this year and wouldn't give up any defensive player we would want.
I definitely think BB would want either a young LB or defensive back for Branch.

sarge said:

I hope that they are willing to part with a first round pick. I've heard rumblings that the Pats want "AT LEAST" a first for him.

This belongs in the Branch thread, where I in fact I already mentioned this.

Not to be harsh or anything, but there can't be 10,000 different threads on the latest situation and all it's developments.

What there fans are saying

Pretty much all of them don't think there teams will pay the price he is asking after hearing he turned down 6 mil per year from the Pats.

As I posted this, most fans might consider, maybe. Most seem to think third. They seem to think he would be an upgrade, but not real excited about the idea
http://wingheads.com/index.php?showtopic=12942

Broncos, not really sure
http://forums.denverbroncos.com/showthread.php?t=68439

Seahawks
http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/forum/boards/viewtopic.asp?topicid=91613

pats1 said:

Not to be harsh or anything, but there can't be 10,000 different threads on the latest situation and all it's developments.

Your right.

We should just sift through the one 50000000000 post thread.

We should have a Branch only sticky.

pats1 said:

The problem with merging everything is information such as his would not be found, unless you are going to sift through 200+ replies or constantly refresh and keep up.

Am I the alone in feeling that multi threads containing different angles are OK to stand alone?? Moderators could make the determination as to what should merge and what should stand alone.

jaychamp said:
We should have a Branch only sticky.

Once they hit 20 pages, who really goes through everything and reads it.

If it is significant new information, it ought to be in it's own thread.

fgssand said:
The problem with merging everything is information such as his would not be found, unless you are going to sift through 200+ replies or constantly refresh and keep up.

Am I the alone in feeling that multi threads containing different angles are OK to stand alone?? Moderators could make the determination as to what should merge and what should stand alone.

Absolutely. I don't read through them once they get to long.

As long as it is new and fairly significant, it deserves it's own thread!

sarge said:
Once they hit 20 pages, who really goes through everything and reads it.

If it is significant new information, it ought to be in it's own thread.

Don't worry, it's not your info in particular.

It's moreseo the "How will this affect the Patriots" threads which already have opinions expressed in the main thread.

And that main thread hasn't hit 20 pages quite yet. Still 11 more to go.

pats1 said:
Don't worry, it's not your info in particular.

It's moreseo the "How will this affect the Patriots" threads which already have opinions expressed in the main thread.

And that main thread hasn't hit 20 pages quite yet. Still 11 more to go.

I didn't take it personal.

I just think info can get lost in long threads.

And apparently my page tolerance isn't as big as I thought

I was thinking the same thing regarding getting a LB or DB. If the Pats were to be able to get that and a 3rd rounder, that would be perfect! Of course I would rather keep Branch than trade for another player, but if that's the only option....What about Branch to the Bears for Lance Briggs. He wants a new contract but I'm not sure if Briggs would want more than Branch. Oh well, I say Branch will still be with the Pats com opening day. Branch will find out that his value isn't that high, will cave in and sign with the Pats.

I would definitely do Branch for Briggs. The Bears might think about it because Briggs apparently wants a big contract.

sarge said:
I didn't take it personal.

I just think info can get lost in long threads.

And apparently my page tolerance isn't as big as I thought

You can set it to 40 pages/page in the User CP -> Options.

The Eagle fans crack me up. One guy says he's too small. Obviously they forgot what team he won Super Bowl MVP against! The best reply had to be this one...

Branch is only rated like an 88 in Madden.. not even a 90 player.. and even worse, he's only like 5'10 or something. He's definitely not a top calibur WR.. but that being said, he's a huge step up from our crap wrs so hopefully we'll get him in here.. without him or a real WR.. we are rip

pats1 said:

Pats1 = Thread Nazi

"Almost a duplicate thread?!.........NO THREAD FOR YOU!!!!"

Slagathor said:
Pats1 = Thread Nazi

"Almost a duplicate thread?!.........NO THREAD FOR YOU!!!!"
Sieg Heil yourownself, part of what makes this a good forum is members willing to speak up about what they don't like. Please note that there were a number of other members who offered contrary opinions and a peaceful resolution was reached. This forum operates as much on consensus as it does Ian's rules, given how "Nazi" is viewed as a perjorative, I'd say you over reacted in this case, and not Pats1. Your welcome to disagree, and your even welcome to call folks a few names, but let's keep the really nasty stuff for the trolls, it helps keep Patsfans.com one big "team." :cool:

I note that Profootballweekly's rumormill reports Minnisota reporters speculating on Branch's potential value for their team. This is going to be an interesting week.

Last edited by a moderator:
TomBradyWoot said:
The Eagle fans crack me up. One guy says he's too small. Obviously they forgot what team he won Super Bowl MVP against! The best reply had to be this one...
"he's not a 90 player in madden"

hahahaahahahahahahahahhah

wtf is wrong w/ that moron.
thank you for posting that.

Slagathor said:
"...NO THREAD FOR YOU!!!!"
180px-Sein_soup_nazi.jpg

But I agree...one thread for all...and all for one...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back