PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Bronco's safety Mike Adams takes a shot at Edelman.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both Eldeman and Welker are good players just on different teams. Best of luck to both players.

They are both great. But, come on cat, Edel dude all the way. The guys way better at the moment. If we want to be nice, yes, they're both very good. Right now, anybody in their right would pick Edes over Wes. No offense. :D

Its only monday and the bulletin board material is already piling up. Last week it was Brady is the worst of the 8 remaining QBs. Now we have the Bronco's not wanting to sell tix to Pats fans, to ESPN claiming the Bronco's have faced more adversity then the Pats, and now this:

Denver Broncos safety Mike Adams says, compared to Wes Welker, New England Patriots WR Julian Edelman is 'a one-speed guy' | masslive.com

I have no problem if he actually believes Welker is better. The guy is a great player and has alot to show for it, but why take a shot at Edelman. This is starting to sound like the playoffs games against the Steelers from 10 years ago. Not much respect for the Pats. Keep it coming, what doesnt kill you makes you stronger.

Fortunately that one speed is faster than any of Welker's speeds.

if this came out of the Patriots camp and say McCourty was talking it would have come out like this.

The guys got what 100 plus receptions and more than 1000 yards. I'd say whatever he was in college, he's tough and obviosuly a strong competitor. Edleman is a legitimate NFL WR and we'll obviously have to account for him.

If this came out of the Patriots camp and McCourty said it Duron Harmon would be the starter and McCourty wouldn't see the field until at least the 2nd quarter.

They are both great. But, come on cat, Edel dude all the way. The guys way better at the moment. If we want to be nice, yes, they're both very good. Right now, anybody in their right would pick Wes over Edes. No offense. :D

I do think Edelman has performed better then Welker this season. However, I am just trying to give both these talented guys credit. Overall, I agree with you. No offense taken my friend.:)

I do think Edelman has performed better then Welker this season. However, I am just trying to give both these talented guys credit. Overall, I agree with you. No offense taken my friend.:)

My bad. I meant Edelman over Wes, which I have since edited. Either way, it's all good my friend. :D.

Anyone else getting the 04-05 AFCCG vibe so far this week? I sure as hell am.

That TD wes scored vs the chargers is what still makes him great. Finding and locating that ball and getting in for the td is what he is doing great these days. He really makes a difference in the red zone.

Im more than happy with edelman, and i like that we are running the ball.

And mike adams, well that's just bulletin board material. Nothing the pats have not seen before and edelman has heard his whole career.

Am I the only one who doesn't know what in the heck this is supposed to mean?

"He can jive up the ball and then speed out and have you off balance. Edelman doesn't do that."

Jive up the ball? What in the world is that supposed to mean? He can say foolish things UP the BALL? He can dance to jive music UP the BALL?

Is Welker a psychotic center or something? Does he put the football up to his mouth and whisper sweet nothings in its ear?

And then "speed out." This is an attempt by a journeyman moron at trying to sound like he's using football jargon. "Look at meeeee, I'm using technical jargon. I'ma be a scout when I'm done."

The only thing Welker does better than Edelman is the jerk route. Edelman hasn't added that to his arsenal yet, for some reason.

Am I the only one who doesn't know what in the heck this is supposed to mean?

"He can jive up the ball and then speed out and have you off balance. Edelman doesn't do that."

Jive up the ball? What in the world is that supposed to mean? He can say foolish things UP the BALL? He can dance to jive music UP the BALL?

Is Welker a psychotic center or something? Does he put the football up to his mouth and whisper sweet nothings in its ear?

And then "speed out." This is an attempt by a journeyman moron at trying to sound like he's using football jargon. "Look at meeeee, I'm using technical jargon. I'ma be a scout when I'm done."

The only thing Welker does better than Edelman is the jerk route. Edelman hasn't added that to his arsenal yet, for some reason.

Welker's been catching passes for about 20 years. Edelman's been doing it for 5.

Other than the fact that this surely isn't the way that any of our players would've approached the question or given their opinion about, I see nothing wrong with what Adams said.

Welker should be considered the much better player. I don't see much debate there.

Edelman's had a great year, I hope we keep him, and that he competes with Welker's numbers throughout his career, but why would there even be a debate at this point?

I have no problem if he actually believes Welker is better. The guy is a great player and has alot to show for it, but why take a shot at Edelman. This is starting to sound like the playoffs games against the Steelers from 10 years ago. Not much respect for the Pats. Keep it coming, what doesnt kill you makes you stronger.
As a Broncos safety, Adams should worry more about the football sailing over his head for a touchdown.

Whether or not we think it's a knock, is there anyone here who doubts that when Edelman hears it, he'll think it's a knock?

True. As if Edelman wasn't already playing with a chip on his shoulder being a 7th round pick. Just motivate him even more for the upcoming game! Thanks for the bulletin board material!! I'm sure this has already been cut out and taped to the front of Edelman's locker!! LOL

If this came out of the Patriots camp and McCourty said it Duron Harmon would be the starter and McCourty wouldn't see the field until at least the 2nd quarter.
I agree, if he said what Adams said. but, I inserted in there what could come out of a Patriots player...so are you saying what I put out there was inflammatory?

Its only monday and the bulletin board material is already piling up. Last week it was Brady is the worst of the 8 remaining QBs. Now we have the Bronco's not wanting to sell tix to Pats fans, to ESPN claiming the Bronco's have faced more adversity then the Pats, and now this:

Denver Broncos safety Mike Adams says, compared to Wes Welker, New England Patriots WR Julian Edelman is 'a one-speed guy' | masslive.com

I have no problem with it if you're a great player and you have an ounce of common sense.

But calling a guy who is FASTER than Welker and is as good, if not better, a threat as a punt returner a 'one speed guy' is borderline laughable...in fact it IS laughable.

He also isn't one of the NFL's leading safeties. Maybe he should go watch some of his own film and improve his own game before worrying about someone else's.

There are some NFL players who thrive off of making themselves look like an idiot.

Has Welker ever been the primary option? With the Pats it was Moss, then Gronk. With Denver its Thomas and Decker. Edelman is the #1 and STILL catches all those passes. You have to give the man his due. Nothing against Wes but Edelman was outstanding this year. Simply Awesome.

I gave Welker too much credit before as a better pass receiver right now.

After reading more, I applied this litmus test:

Who would you rather have on the team right now, given the WRs we have? A Welker who never left the Patriots (i.e. he spent the whole year with the Patriots)? Or Edelman?

If you could only choose one.

Hands down: Edelman. And for one main reason: more shifty on the short ones at this stage of his career, better in the 20 yard down the field end cuts.

Has Welker ever been the primary option? With the Pats it was Moss, then Gronk. With Denver its Thomas and Decker. Edelman is the #1 and STILL catches all those passes. You have to give the man his due. Nothing against Wes but Edelman was outstanding this year. Simply Awesome.

Welker has never been the primary option in NE or Denver simply because there were other weapons surrounding him. If Hernandez or Gronk were around, Edelman wouldn't be the primary option and probably would not be putting up the numbers he currently is. Don't get me wrong as I believe Edelman is a very good player. Just pointing out the fact that he may be the #1 option out of necessity at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes