PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos LT Ryan Clady torn ACL

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we f***ing humiliate them on national tv... again... for the 5th time in a row.

Pathetic franchise, pathetic owner and pathetic fans. They are literally even with me now as far as hatred goes with the Jests.

If we're up 60-0, with 2 minutes to go in the 4th quarter.. I want us going 2 minute drill, no huddle offense and try to score a TD, or at the very least kick a field goal to make it 63-0 as the clock hits 0

F that entire franchise and their POS fans

QB for QB. We should destroy Luck and have a game plan to rush and hit him hard all day. We will win anyway.

I was actually thinking more along the lines of a career-ender...

I think we want him to drag on their salary cap for a couple of years.

The evil part of me wants him to have a series of nagging injuries that leave him playing like an ordinary CB, to maximize the humiliation to the Jets and enable Brady to chew him up and spit him out.

Manning was already literally falling on his *** trying to adjust to the new scheme and simply playing from under center. Now his left tackle is out for the year? That team's gonna have a rough go.
I may break my ban on watching NFL broadcasts just to enjoy seeing Manning have to suffer through what I suspect will be a non-playoff year.

I may break my ban on watching NFL broadcasts just to enjoy seeing Manning have to suffer through what I suspect will be a non-playoff year.

Watching a Manning eat dirt can be hypnotic.

I was actually thinking more along the lines of a career-ender...

I'd rather it blow out every first game of each season

The evil part of me wants him to have a series of nagging injuries that leave him playing like an ordinary CB, to maximize the humiliation to the Jets and enable Brady to chew him up and spit him out.

You need look no farther than how he played in the January and February. He played well but he wasn't shut down by any means. He wasn't worth 16 million a year at this point and he probably not be in 3 years either when he is the highest paid safety.

Clady has been placed on IR with no designation to return. Wow! I am shocked that the Broncos would make such a quick decision. Sure, it is very unlikely he could make a return, but it's only the end of May right now; playoffs don't start of seven months and others have rehabbed in that timeframe. I'm just surprised they wouldn't wait until at least another month or two before making that call - for a player like that, I would want to rule out any doubt. Is it that important to carry 90 healthy players on your roster instead of 89?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/29/broncos-place-ryan-clady-on-injured-reserve/

I hope he recovers well and can play again.
I never wish injury on an opponent. Makes for bad karma and "what goes around comes around."

Pat Kirwan has been saying this since the draft, but there was a step the Broncos could have taken to protect themselves from an unexpected loss like this: Draft La'el Collins in the 7th round.

Denver had three 7th round compensatory picks, which they couldn't trade and had to use. If they took Collins with one of those and then found out he was involved in that murder, they could release him. If he was cleared, they would have had a 1st round talent on a 7th round contract and someone who could step in for Clady.

I wonder if there was a league directive or just a general agreement by the teams to stay away from Collins until more was learned about his situation.

Manning was already literally falling on his *** trying to adjust to the new scheme and simply playing from under center. Now his left tackle is out for the year? That team's gonna have a rough go.
No worries. The league and the refs will take care of Honey Boo Boo. He'll be fine.

I hope he recovers well and can play again.
I never wish injury on an opponent. Makes for bad karma and "what goes around comes around."

Karma? Seriously?

Have you been following football over the last 3-4 months? What have we done to deserve this unbelievably vicious and premeditated assault on our favorite team and our sports hero in Brady?

All of this has been complete BS... the Pats were an underdog team that managed to defy the odds and win some Championships.. then spygate happened and called all of those into question which caused our team, and by association us fans, to be under constant assault from media and opposing fan bases... We waited 10 years for a chance at redemption, and finally last year they annihilated the Colts and immediately the media & NFL went on the attack, smearing the team and Brady over the formations they used in the Ravens game and the deflategate BS... It completely ruined the 2 week build up to the greatest, most popular sporting event on earth.. something that we as fans should have been able to sit back and enjoy, and that was ripped away from us over total BS..

Then they win the SB, and all the media has done since is talk about how its because Carroll is an idiot for calling a passing play that statistically has been very successful and very low risk, instead of praising the Patriots for making an UNBELIEVABLE 4th quarter comeback and then one of the most memorable defensive plays in SB history... Nope, it was because Carroll is a fool, not because the Patriots earned it... the Seahawks gave it to them..

and ever since, all we've heard is how our team and QB are a bunch of cheaters and are horrible people...

Karma can go f*** his/herself...

Pat Kirwan has been saying this since the draft, but there was a step the Broncos could have taken to protect themselves from an unexpected loss like this: Draft La'el Collins in the 7th round.

Denver had three 7th round compensatory picks, which they couldn't trade and had to use. If they took Collins with one of those and then found out he was involved in that murder, they could release him. If he was cleared, they would have had a 1st round talent on a 7th round contract and someone who could step in for Clady.

I wonder if there was a league directive or just a general agreement by the teams to stay away from Collins until more was learned about his situation.

If I remember correctly, if he was drafted he could have re-declared for the 2016 draft?

If I remember correctly, if he was drafted he could have re-declared for the 2016 draft?
Yes, he could have refused to sign And become draft eligible in 2016.

Also, his agent IIRC was saying that he wouldn't sign with any team that drafted him on day 3.

Clady has been placed on IR with no designation to return. Wow! I am shocked that the Broncos would make such a quick decision. Sure, it is very unlikely he could make a return, but it's only the end of May right now; playoffs don't start of seven months and others have rehabbed in that timeframe. I'm just surprised they wouldn't wait until at least another month or two before making that call - for a player like that, I would want to rule out any doubt. Is it that important to carry 90 healthy players on your roster instead of 89?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/05/29/broncos-place-ryan-clady-on-injured-reserve/

Well, they would have to have him on the final 53 man roster to make him an IR player with designation to return. That means they would have to tie up a roster spot for him through the first game of the season.

So you want things to go on the same as always. I think P6 will do his part.

I don't get this move. Kubiak seems to want Manning lining up over center a lot more.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-a...and-more/3dd3e7ad-6876-4aa7-8390-ac0bbf803c83

Part of the reason why Manning doesn't get sacked that much and can rid of the ball quickly is because he primarily works out of the shotgun. With their depleted o-line and Manning's declining arm strength, I think this is a stupid move.

kubiak wants to run the Mike Shanahan offense that Denver ran with Elway. of course that would mean that Kubiak expects to actually call the shots on this team and not be a puppet and let Manning run the team. that will be interesting to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots