PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos look good.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

stcjones

Pro Bowl Player
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Hate to say it....But Manning looks really sharp and their defense looks tough....they are starting to peak at the right time with Moreno running well. I don't think Houston is our primary competition for a trip back to SB any longer....Donks will be tough to beat second time around...

Hate to say it....But Manning looks really sharp and their defense looks tough....they are starting to peak at the right time with Moreno running well. I don't think Houston is our primary competition for a trip back to SB any longer....Donks will be tough to beat second time around...

just so you know..balt is missing about 100 starters on D...so don't get too excited. Their D is small...which is a good matchup with out TEs who they can't stop aka last game we played them

Last edited:
@#$* the Broncos and @#$* Peyton Manning. He and his whole family is a fraud. From daddy working the NFL for Eli to be in NY to Peyton chosing Denver. Denver plays a bad division, so with any kind of QB play, they would win the division with ease. I hate the Mannings!

just so you know..balt is missing about 100 starters on D...so don't get too excited. Their D is small...which is a good matchup with out TEs who they can't stop aka last game we played them

good points....but don't you think Denver has looked pretty darned tough the past few games? They just seem to be the team flying under the radar right now but playing some good football. Pats are also peaking at the right time with Talib shoring up the secondary and Gronk coming back healthy for the playoffs....

Broncos have a very good team without manning, with him they are just being great. i'd really like not to face them in the playoffs cause they are very very good.

Absolutely. Let the media hype them up all the way. Fine by me.

They have been getting better, give them credit. Their defense has really developed, and Moreno has given them a dimension they previously lacked. Manning has improved significantly from earlier in the season. They are a good team. But they still haven't beaten anyone "good". The Ravens are terrible right now:

- Offense in turmoil. Missing their best offensive lineman, Marshall Yanda, can't run the ball effectively. New OC. Flacco channeling his inner Sanchez. 6 1st downs. Gimme 99 yard pick 6's will make any team look good.

- The defense is aging and falling apart. Pollard, Ellerbe and McClain are all out for the game. Webb has been the biggest loss this season. The run defense sucks (they've been giving up 130 YPG rushing coming into this game), and has already given up nearly that much to a team averaging 106 YPG rushing going into the game.

I expect the Broncos to look good against Kansas City too, and probably Cleveland (both at home). We'll see how they look in the cold weather come playoff time. Let them have the hype until then. They're a good team, but how good remains to be seen.

@#$* the Broncos and @#$* Peyton Manning. He and his whole family is a fraud. From daddy working the NFL for Eli to be in NY to Peyton chosing Denver. Denver plays a bad division, so with any kind of QB play, they would win the division with ease. I hate the Mannings!

Amen to that Boxer....Gomer is the LUCKIEST SOB in the history of the game.....but has the luck go his way when it counts. And I love NOTHING better than seeing the Peyton "Poo" face when he throws another perfect INT late in a game or can't get it done when it counts....***** the Mannings!!!!

Broncos have a very good team without manning, with him they are just being great. i'd really like not to face them in the playoffs cause they are very very good.
Same here. I will say that it will be hard for anyone to beat NE if they continue to play the way they've played in recent weeks (sans MIA), but I would still rather not see Manning or Miller in the playoffs.

Very good post....thanks

They have been getting better, give them credit. Their defense has really developed, and Moreno has given them a dimension they previously lacked. Manning has improved significantly from earlier in the season. They are a good team. But they still haven't beaten anyone "good". The Ravens are terrible right now:

- Offense in turmoil. Missing their best offensive lineman, Marshall Yanda, can't run the ball effectively. New OC. Flacco channeling his inner Sanchez. 6 1st downs. Gimme 99 yard pick 6's will make any team look good.

- The defense is aging and falling apart. Pollard, Ellerbe and McClain are all out for the game. Webb has been the biggest loss this season. The run defense sucks (they've been giving up 130 YPG rushing coming into this game), and has already given up nearly that much to a team averaging 106 YPG rushing going into the game.

I expect the Broncos to look good against Kansas City too, and probably Cleveland (both at home). We'll see how they look in the cold weather come playoff time. Let them have the hype until then. They're a good team, but how good remains to be seen.

I wouldn't put too much stock into what you see today. The Ravens are a sinking ship right now, they were barely hanging on by a thread and then after 2 crushing losses the floodgates are open. The Broncos are a good team but like last year I still like how we match up with their D.

Agreed. I'm not too concerned with Denver. They're a good team, but I would expect a 2 score victory if we played them again. I won't discredit their wins because you can only beat who you play, but they've done nothing to show me any concern about a potential matchup in January.

They do look good. Granted the Ravens defense is in tatters right now. Amazingly enough, I think our defense is in better position right now--considering injuries.

Manning is always a threat. We looked better than the Broncos last we played (way back in week 5), but I'd agree that they are the #1 threat to us in the AFC. I think any team, however, has the potential to knock us off. As good as we feel after last Monday night's victory, we're not that great of a standout from the pack. Gronkowski's return will help a lot, but every team in the AFC has a chance of making a run.

Luckily, our offense is playing very well right now. And it's not like the Pats are showing anything new on offense. The big difference over the past couple seasons is that we have a more potent running game and a more legit #1 receiver. That's one of the things that impresses me the most. There aren't many new things that defenses are showing us. They just have to play...well. Miami did a good job recently and I don't think they did anything innovative. They just performed.

We can only pray that we don't get slammed with a major injury late in the season. That's the biggest thing that can hurt this team. And it doesn't have to be one major injury either. IMO, one of the major things that hurt us in 2010 was the number of injuries sustained on the DL. Our offense may have been stymied by the Jets defense, but we couldn't do anything on defense right after playing well in the second half of the season. Kyle Love and Deaderick were asked to play a lot in that game when they clearly weren't ready yet. But I digress.

Go Pats.

the broncos Oline holds a LOT when run blocking...and the refs dont seem to see it

They are a good team, but they really haven't beaten anyone. I don't know if they can beat the elite teams in the playoffs. They are 1-3 against teams that currently have 9 or more wins and that win is against a Ravens' team that has lost three of its last four games. Ok, I crediting the Broncos with a win against the Ravens.

I know it's a blowout game, but given what Joe Flacco and Dennis Pitta have been able to do, Tom Brady and Gronk/Hernandez should be able to have some fun if the 2 teams meet in the playoffs.

I know it's a blowout game, but given what Joe Flacco and Dennis Pitta have been able to do, Tom Brady and Gronk/Hernandez should be able to have some fun if the 2 teams meet in the playoffs.

When has the Broncos defense under Fox been able to slow down the Pats' offense? In three games, the Pats have scored 31, 45, and 41 points. The Pats could have scored more points the last time, but they got conservative to protect a 31-7 fourth quarter lead.

This game was more about the Ravens collapse than anything to do with the Bronc's

This game was more about the Ravens collapse than anything to do with the Bronc's

I agree. This is their third loss in four games. In a month, they have gone from an elite team to pretender and a first round bye to fighting to win their division.

Well, except for Moreno's rushing. He looked good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes