PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos land Henry with 5 year deal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crowpointer

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2788592

Updated: March 5, 2007, 2:27 PM ET
Henry's fills void in Broncos' backfield
By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

Filling their need for a proven tailback, the Denver Broncos on Monday reached a contract agreement with Travis Henry, who was released on Saturday by the Tenenessee Titans to avoid paying him an $8.3 million roster bonus.

Henry will sign a five-year contract that includes $12 million in guarantees, ESPN.com has learned.

Within hours of his release, Henry flew to Denver and visited with Broncos officials over the weekend, while agent Hadley Engelhard negotiated a deal. Henry also drew considerable interest from the Oakland Raiders, who hoped to bring him in for a visit this week.

Henry, 28, carried 270 times for 1,211 yards and seven touchdowns in 2006, and notched six 100-yard outings. The former University of Tennessee standout spent the first four years of his career with the Buffalo Bills before being traded to the Titans in 2005.

In 78 games, including 62 starts, Henry has carried 1,321 times for 5,395 yards and 34 touchdowns. He also has 134 receptions for 886 yards and two scores. In addition to his 1,000-yard season in 2006, Henry ran for over 1,000 yards in two of his four seasons with the

I wonder if this will have an impact on the Bronco's alleged interest in Daniel Graham?

Another good pick-up by the Donkees. Hopefully their QB is still a few years away...

Good signing. Tennessee blew it here. They better hope Lendale starts to get his act together.

Denver has finally realized that they need a playmaker here. Cutler has all the tools now to work with, let's see what he does.

I wonder if this will have an impact on the Bronco's alleged interest in Daniel Graham?

Henry was succeeded wherever he's been, so this is a solid pickup. I wouldn't be surprised if he's playing in Honolulu in eleven month's time.

Henry's a very good runner who should excel in that offense. If Cutler progresses they'll be a serious threat.

Dang. If the Donkey get Graham, they will be serious contenders next year.

Bly.
Henry.
Fat DL from Dolphins.
Standard rapage of other teams via draft pick trades.

If Cutler is the real deal, this team is going to be a serious serious contender. And I hate having to type that as Denver is the only team I truly hate.

Good for them, Not so great for us.

Yeah, as a Colts' fan, I'm happy he left Tennessee too.

I'm not sold on Cutler, so I'm not really worried about the Broncs either. Henry and Bly are upgrades though.

Yeah, as a Colts' fan, I'm happy he left Tennessee too.

I'm not sold on Cutler, so I'm not really worried about the Broncs either. Henry and Bly are upgrades though.

I wish we could play the Broncos 16 times a year.

(Drew Bennet going to St. Louis was nice also.)

I wish we could play the Broncos 16 times a year.

(Drew Bennet going to St. Louis was nice also.)

Hey the Colts have played in a mickey mouse division for the past 8 years, this year should prove no different.

Hey the Colts have played in a mickey mouse division for the past 8 years, this year should prove no different.

We can only hope, but the Colts went 13-1 vs. the rest of the NFL last year and 3-3 vs. the South. Mickey, Minnie and Donald Duck were the only teams who could beat the Colts.

Man, you guys are scared of the Donkos. :rocker:

Only when we go to Mile High. That place is cursed or something. Bring them to the Razor and we will eat em for breakfast.

It's tough to say if this helps or hurts us - actually, impossible. It does make a tough opponent stronger. OTOH, it also gives SD more competition. In the quest for a playoff bye we're better off with Indy, SD and Denver (and Baltimore) all having tough divisions to get some losses across the board in the conference.

Bring them to the razor and we'll eat them for breakfast; since when? Name the last time we beat them here.

I can only recall us winning once vs them over the last several years, on a Monday night when we had to score a TD with under a minute or so left to beat them even with a stiff backup at their helm.

They own us, plain and simple.

I have ALWAYS like Henry, even when he was in Buffalo. Its a very good pick up for Denver, with one Caviat. He's a great runner, but not a great guy, and he's only on mistake away from being lost for the year in the substance abuse program. Its unlikely, but it HAS to be a concern.

Provided he stays healthy Henry will rush for at least 1500 yards next year, I wouldn't be suprised if he put up more either. The Broncos are starting to look very scary...

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes