PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos Harris: Falcons used Patriots-esque gameplan to defeat Broncos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wasn't that Hogan running right past Joe Haden yesterday?
Meh, Haden on the Browns is like Talib/Revis in Tampa. He's shut it down for a couple years now.

I don't see Hogan ever winning that match up.

It's better than a vacation vs. Lafell and Martin.

Talib's given up big gains to speedy players like Ginn & Lockette. It's the nature on being left on island so much.

It's better than a vacation vs. Lafell and Martin.

Talib's given up big gains to speedy players like Ginn & Lockette. It's the nature on being left on island so much.
True, he's certainly better than LaFell/Martin. But Hogan is nowhere near as fast as Ginn or Lockette.

I don't see Hogan ever winning that match up.
Really? You don't think Talib can be beat by Hogan on a double move with no safety help? Absolutely Talib could/would get roasted.

I think the bigger obstacle is having our line protect Brady long enough for a double move to take place when Von Miller is rushing.

Really? You don't think Talib can be beat by Hogan on a double move with no safety help? Absolutely Talib could/would get roasted.

I think the bigger obstacle is having our line protect Brady long enough for a double move to take place when Von Miller is rushing.

I don't think it even matters if Hogan can beat Talib. Our gameplan will be to beat them with short/quick passes and to exploit their LBs. We won't be trying to consistently beat them deep. Although having a guy who they have to at least worry about potentially getting deep on them should definitely help.

Lewis and Bennett make this offense special. Everyone knows what Gronk/Jules bring to the table, but the elusiveness of Lewis and another TE in the same mold as Gronk are literally impossible to defend. Not to mention the 2 TE set means we get extra blockers in the running game. Add in a solid deep threat in Hogan (he's not Moss) to keep defenses honest and that's as solid a base offense as there is in this league, save for possibly Pittsburgh.

Miller has only ever showed up against the Pats in the AFCC last year. He was basically non-existent in the regular season game last year

Miller has only ever showed up against the Pats in the AFCC last year.

And that was only because Stork was giving away the snap count. We usually neutralize him pretty well.

I see Von Miller is still getting a jump on the snap:

Screen%20Shot%202016-10-10%20at%2011.55.53%20AM_zpsr5xjridg.png

miller timed the snap pretty well (head bob!):

probably wasn't even called. Yet a patriots pinky has just the right angle of the sun to have shade on the LOS and its encroachment.

the play went for 49 yards. i'm guessing the falcons would have declined:

miller timed the snap pretty well (head bob!):

the play went for 49 yards. i'm guessing the falcons would have declined:

Thanks for sharing that GIF. Looking at that, and pausing and playing it. It looks like Miller is just onside. I take it the refs see the ball moved off the ground and that means the play is live even if the ball is still in the center's hand while in the middle of the process of the snap?

It's very very close to being offside though.

So I guess you need to change when you snap the ball after the head bob? That'll draw Miller offside.

Last edited:
Thanks for sharing that GIF. Looking at that, and pausing and playing it. It looks like Miller is just onside. I take it the refs see the ball moved off the ground and that means the play is live even if the ball is still in the center's hand while in the middle of the process of the snap?

So I guess you need to change when you snap the ball after the head bob? That'll draw Miller offside.
Was gonna say.... that's an easy enough thing to practice right? A delayed silent snap? I mean we are playing in Denver so might as well.

They call it all the time when the hand is in the neutral zone, so his hand is past the ball before the snap.

They call it all the time when the hand is in the neutral zone, so his hand is past the ball before the snap.

Problem is, it's in a movement instead of a fixed position where they can clearly see it. So they don't have time to see it, so they're letting it fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back