PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos fan, so scared of the Patriots, does not want the #1 Seed

Status
Not open for further replies.
If NE Denver and Houston all win next week as expected than NE has to play Cinci in the wild card game. The Bangles have a good chance of beating them and even if they don't that's one extra game NE has to play. The only AFCC game not played in Denver would be a game played with Houston and playing in Houston is no big deal compared with NE playing an extra game. NE has never reached the SB playing wild card week.

bangles....have a good chance? But he is right..NE has never reached SB playing a wildcard game..and this year..unfortunately i don't see them making it

bangles....have a good chance? But he is right..NE has never reached SB playing a wildcard game..and this year..unfortunately i don't see them making it

It doesn't matter. Every year is different. Nothing to be paranoid about.

Like BB says, it is what it is.

`85 says hello :cool: (yeah, I know, BB era, but never say never...)

Last edited:
I honestly think that if the Pats don't get the bye, then win the Wild-Card game, then go to Denver, that the Broncos will come out with rust. Either way, I'm not even "scared" of them. I'm just annoyed to hell with all the talk about them and it would piss me off if they somehow beat the Patriots.

Last edited:
Would it not be ironic if the Pats play in Denver....is a snowstorm and Brady and the pats do what they did in Chicago a few years ago......

Last edited:
If we have everyone healthy, I don't care where we play, I like our chances against anyone. Adding Gronk back to this offense and Talib and Dennard back to that defense will make us very dangerous.

Assuming we go to Denver in the Divisional Round, it will be interesting to see how Goober performs in what could be "weather impacting" conditions out there. Brady has played in that alot more than Goober over their careers.

You know what? I don't really care what Broncos fans have to say.

Personally, I am still not sold on the Broncos. They are playing the best right now, but that has a lot to do with the competition they have faced over the second half the season. I want to see them in the playoffs before I buy into them. They could be for real, but beating on the Browns isn't going to prove it.

I am mixed on a first round bye. Many of the recent Super Bowl winners played Wild Card weekend. Since 2005, the Giants (twice), Packers, Colts, and Steelers (2005) all played Wild Card weekend on their way to Super Bowl wins. Only the Saints and Steelers (2008) have had first round byes in Super Bowl winning years. So if the Broncos fans think the Pats can't win playing three games, they haven't been looking at recent history.

Start booking your trip everyone.

The one thing that concerns me is if we have to go to Mile High and play. We don't usually play well there.

To make it to the SB we need Gronk,Talib and Dennard healthy to do it.

Patriots played in then wild card in 2006, and were it not for obscenely biased officiating, they would have made the Super Bowl.

I still consider that the second worse loss in Patriot history (after the first Giants SB) with the 76 Oakland debacle coming in 3rd.

Awesome, that's what many here said all last season as well.

Awesome, that's what many here said all last season as well.

sorry...just don't see it...hope i am wrong but they haven't exactly been on a roll lately. Getting to the SB 2 years in a row is so tough these days. If they can fix the D next year...

PATs will win and Texans will lose next week.
PAts get bye and will play Texans in division game and win
and then play the Colts in AFCC and win. I just consulted my soothsayer. :)
(Colts will handle Broncos at mile high)

sorry...just don't see it...hope i am wrong but they haven't exactly been on a roll lately. Getting to the SB 2 years in a row is so tough these days. If they can fix the D next year...

They can fix the D if they get a good DB coach.

Why is it the DB's always regress after a couple years in the Pats system?

The one thing that concerns me is if we have to go to Mile High and play. We don't usually play well there.

Ya well most of those games were Mike Shanahan coached teams and the '09 team against McDaniels.

Same Denver defense that the Pats have rolled over three times in the last year.

Then there is the fact that if 100 percent healthy it is a different defense Manning saw in Week 5.

8-1 in their last 9

avg 37.8 points over that time
21.5 against
+11 in in turnovers

the Broncos should be worried about themselves because they have only played 3 good teams this year and lost all three.

This years version of the Broncos reminds me of the 2009 Patriots......in that year the team beat the Sisters Of The Poor but lost to all the real good teams and it showed in the playoffs when they were exited out quickly with a humiliating home loss to the Ravens.

Last edited:
You know what? I don't really care what Broncos fans have to say.

Personally, I am still not sold on the Broncos. They are playing the best right now, but that has a lot to do with the competition they have faced over the second half the season. I want to see them in the playoffs before I buy into them. They could be for real, but beating on the Browns isn't going to prove it.

I am mixed on a first round bye. Many of the recent Super Bowl winners played Wild Card weekend. Since 2005, the Giants (twice), Packers, Colts, and Steelers (2005) all played Wild Card weekend on their way to Super Bowl wins. Only the Saints and Steelers (2008) have had first round byes in Super Bowl winning years. So if the Broncos fans think the Pats can't win playing three games, they haven't been looking at recent history.

Recent history means nothing. Anyone playing at home has an advantage. Teams which have lost at home in the past was not because homefield was bad for them. They just didnt take advantage of the bye/homefield and played like crap and other teams played better. Going purely by #s our team this yr needs a bye more than most pats team in the past. They are beat up/injured and tired and playing physical home game vs the bengals then the broncos and whoever in the 3rd game will take its toll.
You can keep believing broncos have played no one but they beat who they supposed to beat. Didn't succumb to bad teams at home and took advantage of it.Doesn't mean they cant win 2 playoff games at home .Sometimes you need some easy wins to get your confidence and team going and thats what they did.
By no means they can think pats cant win playing 3 games on the road, but playing 2 is better than playing 3 so they do have an advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back