PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos fan here..

Status
Not open for further replies.
With Sey and Rosie on one side and Willie on the other, which side do you think The Snake will slither to?

Flying Fungi said:
Ah...they have the interweb up there on Brokeback Mountain do they...?

:bricks:

The Brokeback Bronco Bum Buddies.

SNL said:
I know that both the broncos and colts would be tough, but, I would rather face the broncos due to the fact that jake doesn't have the experience in playoff games and could easily loose it for them at home.

Jake "the joke" is hardly better than Brian Greasy-grimey-gopher-guts. The only thing that concerns me is their linebackers. They are decent.

24champbailey said:
your right, broncos suck. This game will be won by the Pats 5,000 to nothing. :D

Finally, an intelligent troll post! :trolls:

jczxohn1 said:
With Sey and Rosie on one side and Willie on the other, which side do you think The Snake will slither to?

Hopefully, his own side(line), but he may get lost, due to the concussion!

Seymour93 said:
footstepsfrom#27
Field General

I admit it...I wanted Cindy not NE...but mainly since I think Brady can beat the Dolts in their own backyard...but whatever...we'll have to go through the best to be the best so let's just do it.
Hello Pat fans...that's my post on the OM...and you left out the part where I predicted Denver by 3... :D

im so sad we have to go to mile high. i actually like the broncos... i wanted the bengals to beat them so we wouldnt have to.
Oh well, as for now %#(@ you broncos :)

NEM said:
The 2nd best thing that could happen in this game is that a couple of our defensive linemen ACCIDENTLY roll out of bounds and take Shanahan out below the knees. Dirty frickin bas t ard that he is.
You're not starting the cheap shot stuff over cut blocks are you? I thought only the Chiefs fans were to ignorant to understand the difference between CHOP and CUT blocks...guess I was wrong.

Cut blocks are legal. You do them also. We just do them better. :rocker:

NEM said:
BS, Shanahan is skirting the line with what he teaches. He has been warned several times by the NFL...Former players have told how he teaches it and it border illegal blocking. I cant wait for the day he gets creamed on the sideline.
Hey dummy...think this through before you post ignorant crap like that. Chop blocks draw a 15 yard penalty...a drive killer. Do you seriously think the Broncos deliberately TEACH their players to do something that the refs are likely to flag for 15 yards when we block this way on almost every running play? We run 33 times a game. That's a potential penalty total of 495 yards a game. That's BS about former players...got a link?

Not the sharpest tool in the shed are ya?

Some of these denver fans really get on your nerves..

NEM said:
Sharper than you have ever been, or will ever be......

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

On Oct. 28, 2001 Denver guard Dan Neil's alleged low block on Patriots linebacker Bryan Cox broke Cox's leg. He was fined $15,000 for an illegal block. One week earlier, Matt Lepsis was fined $15,000 for a low block that broke the left ankle of San Diego Chargers defensive end Maa Tanuvasa.

Coach Mike Shanahan said the fines -- which he called ``warranted,'' other than the one on Neil for allegedly injuring Cox -- have not impacted his line's aggressiveness.
==========================================================

Seahawks rip Bronco techniques
By Percy Allen
Seattle Times

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

KIRKLAND, Wash. — Because he lives in Broncos territory in the offseason, Seattle Seahawk Chad Brown socializes with several Denver players during the spring and summer months. There are few he calls friends, and there are those that he'll never speak with.

"I can think of one of their offensive linemen who I see at the grocery store, and I choose not to say anything to him," Brown, the former Colorado star, said. "Maybe when I'm done playing, I can break that barrier. But while I'm playing, I don't want to be friends with someone I know that's cut me from behind or leg-whipped me.

http://www.thedailycamera.com/sports/football/a336890a.shtml

==========================================================

Sunday, October 31, 2004
NFL should stop the chop block
Last Monday night the "chop block" came back into the spotlight as Denver Bronco's right tackle George Foster executed a well-placed below-the-knee block on Cincinnati defensive tackle Tony Williams during the Bengals' 23-10 win. Williams suffered a fractured left ankle and is out for the rest of the season. While the block was legal, some say it was away from the play and therefore unnecessary. The bad result for Williams added further fuel to the fire.

This isn't the first time the legal block has caused an uproar. Earlier this year, the Broncos left tackle Matt Lepsis chopped Jaguars defensive end Paul Spicer and put him out for the year with a broken leg. With this seasons injuries, five players have now been badly hurt by Bronco chop blocks.

http://www.hotsaucesports.com/2004/10/nfl-should-stop-chop-block.asp

=========================================================

You want a dozen more? You really don't want to mess with me, jagoff.
I love your revisionist history here...News flash genius...EVERY NFL team uses CUT blocks, including the Pats. Foster's block was NOT a chop block and the same story even admits it, which makes the writer an idiot since he first calls it a CHOP BLOCK and then says it was legal, so obviously he knows about as much as you do, nothing.

It was a CUT block and he was not even fined so what's your point? It was unintentional and in fact he FAILED to execute the block correctly...probably because he's 340 instead of 295 like Lepsis and doesn't move as well. The NFL has fined Denver linemen? So what...they also fine safeties who make legitimate hits when a guy gets hurt, usually when he's got the rep of a headhunter. Let's just put dresses on 'em.

Read this: http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/2881584.html

Last week, Shanahan, tired of the accusations, took the Denver media on a "field trip" into the team auditorium for a brief film session to illustrate the fact other teams use cut blocks. During the offseason, Texans coach Dom Capers adopted the Broncos' blocking scheme, which focuses on using smaller and more athletic offensive linemen.

Capers, who has been in the NFL for 20 years, said cut blocking is a fair tactic — if employed the correct way. Capers said he "didn't see a problem" when the Texans played the Broncos in the preseason and does not expect his defensive players to be thinking about it much Sunday.

THE RULES
In layman's terms, here are the rules regarding cut blocks and chop blocks in the NFL:

Cut block
A cut block occurs when the offensive player blocks the defender below the waist and tries to knock the defender off his feet or impede his movement. If done properly, a cut block is legal in the NFL.

Chop block
A chop block occurs when a defensive lineman is engaged with a blocker and another blocker comes in and takes out the defender's legs. It's not only illegal, costing the blocker up to $20,000 in fines, but dangerous.
"It's part of the game," Capers said. "That's something we talk about all the time. Our linemen are very aware of it. I don't think they'll go into this game any more tentative than any other game. They know what we're going up against."

Texans nose tackle Seth Payne said he has watched film of two Denver games this season and does not see any more cut blocking by the Broncos than most other teams.

"This is not a case of trying to avoid providing any bulletin-board material, but I see teams cut blocking more than they do," Payne said. "It's not like they are doing it every play. They are one of the most well-coached and most disciplined units in the league. I think people get frustrated and want to blame it on something.

"I don't really worry about it. I'm more concerned with them being one of the best offensive lines in the league. They cause headaches by how good they are. It has nothing to do with cut blocking."

Several other NFL teams including Houston, Washington, Oakland and St. Louis have tried to install Denver's blocking scheme but without success since they don't have the smaller linemen neccessary to implement it well.

Chad Brown's a ****. He cries more than you do.

footstepsfrom#27 said:
You're not starting the cheap shot stuff over cut blocks are you? I thought only the Chiefs fans were to ignorant to understand the difference between CHOP and CUT blocks...guess I was wrong.

Cut blocks are legal. You do them also. We just do them better. :rocker:

Ahhh, the joyous bliss of the partisan troll. A cut block is still legal in this league. They are the most dangerous and sinister of all legal plays, and in a league where you cant breathe on a reciever more than 5 yds. down the field for fear of disrupting the pattern, this block, which has ruined the career of so many of the defensive linemen and backers, is allowed to exist.

A chop block is when one player contacts the defender, and a second player then executes a cut block (see:Bronco's O line). This play is done deliberately to inflict serious injury to the legs of defender. These illegal plays should result in the suspension of the offender. Yet they rarely get even flagged. This causes defenders to take justice in their own hands and rip the heads of of snakes, wherever they may see one.

SNL said:
I also feel the winner of the Denver/Patriot game will go to the Super Bowl. I feel Indy is once again out in the cold!

Go Patriots!!!!!!

I agree with you 100%.....if the winner is New England. The Broncos are not a Superbowl caliber team.

Dagmar said:
Plummer has matured immensely this season. Being a backup probowl Qb won't go to his head. he may throw an INT, but check our team turnover ratio for the season.
check out cincys out did that work out for them lol.

BroncosFan said:
we're gonna blitz Tom Brady like mad crazy! It's the o-line men u should worry about.
shall i send pics of your loss to KC??? maybe stats???? like plummers "panic attacks". and how your D was suckin air in the 4th??? hmmmmm??? should i???? horse meat.

Flying Fungi said:
Hey--which arm is Origami Jake going to throw with...?

and does his Village People moustache tickle when he teabags you?

LMAO--that is too funny FF!!!:D

Flying Fungi said:
Hey--which arm is Origami Jake going to throw with...?

and does his Village People moustache tickle when he teabags you?

dosent he play with the denver cardinals????

I figured that it was only a matter of time for those Bronco Dungs to show their Horse's Asses doo doo Droppings here....I smell the stench already!!!

Trying to be over confident will be your doom!!! Are injured Defense is back and we are playing like the Champs we all know now!!!!... We are sending you back into your stables--BRONCO"S!!!!.....The smell of sweet Victory will be left for ya.......LMAO :D :singing:

Last edited:
you betcha

BroncosFan said:
cant wait to stomp your pansy asses next week at Mile High Stadium.
well its about time somebody stomped our pansy asses.
and your juggernaut is just the squad to do it.
so get your chips and your beer
get a few buddies to come over
and watch it happen, baybee.
p.s. be sure to come back to this board next monday so we can chew the fat over that pansy-stomping the broncos gave us.
how's maurice clarett turning out for ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back