PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Broncos: Easiest path to the #1 seed ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, we had a joke path to #1 last year, and we proved we weren't worthy of it, just as the Denver hacks will show.

1. We faced one of the worst teams to ever reach the playoffs in the opening round.

2. We go toe to toe with an average #2 seed.

3. We lost to a mediocre Superbowl opponent.

I think it's different when the Broncos will be facing a 12-4 team (could've easily been 14-2 or 15-1) with the 3rd best offense in NFL history and pretty damn good defense when Talib/Dennard are out there.

Last edited:
Denver is a very good football team. You don't win 11 in a row and finish with the #1 seed in the AFC unless you're very good. So they're very good, with a HOF quarterback playing at an extremely high level, and they have a top 5 defense. Oh, and all that, plus they'd be playing the game at home, in one of the toughest places for a visiting team to win.

I'd say going in there and beating them will require the Patriots' best game. Of course they're capable of doing it (should we even see a Den-NE AFCCG, which is no gimme), and it wouldn't surprise me if the Pats won that game. But Denver should be a favorite in that game.

Another fact, you also nearly lost against jaguars. One of the worst teams in the nfl.

Must of been funny to watch brady have a cry in the locker room after the game.

To this point there are five Broncos fans posting in this thread and three are assclowns.

Way to go! Your home messageboards must be impressive, but I'll never know from personal experience based on your representations here.

Last edited:
Another fact, you also nearly lost against jaguars. One of the worst teams in the nfl.

Must of been funny to watch brady have a cry in the locker room after the game.

Here's another fact.
Peyton Manning is one of the greatest REGULAR SEASON QB's on the history of the NFL.
But now we're in the big boy season and Forehead doesn't do so well when the weather gets cold and the teams get good = the playoffs.
Sorry Denver but in looking over the remaining QB's left in the playoffs I don't see any Rex Grossman's that Peyton can struggle to beat for a championship. ;)

I had more fear of the Patriots playing Houston on the road than facing Denver.

Manning is playing very well. I think you are deluded to think they aren't very good. I wish you were right, though.

Agree! It's the same rant people used on the Pats when they had a so-called "easy" schedule a few years back, including last year's playoff opponents. You can only play the teams on your schedule and anyone who hasn't learned what Peyton Manning is capable of then they are delusional. Combine that with the fact of having to play in Denver, I for one, won't feel any better about this game if the Pats end up having to go to Denver.

What no one has yet to talk about is the weather and possible snow which is always a possibility in late January in Colorado.

I've been hitting that drum for a few weeks. I'd love a 4:25 kickoff in heavy snow.

To the Broncos fans (not yet banned ;)) has there been a foul weather game for the team yet this year?

It wasn't too cold in Denver yesterday - I'm seeing temps at kick above 30 with mild winds throughout the 1st half... but the Denver offense was killer (granted the Chiefs D was not so great).

If we ran up the score as often as you do I'm sure we would've contended for or even overtaken that #1 spot. We're one spot behind you, all while running the ball the majority of the time in the 4th quarter during our streak. Cause most of the time the games were already in hand.

Imagine if we "played 4 quarters" with our creampuff schedule as many of you would put it?

Stop it. Please. Just stop it. I have made the case in another post that even the Patriots winning in Denver will be a tall order. You have a very strong team with a HOF QB and a top 5 defense playing at a very high level, and you have one of the best HFA in the league. For anyone to go in there and win will require an A+ effort.

That's a strong argument. Leave it at that. Don't make up ridiculous stuff like the Pats running up the score or if Denver would have done that they'd have had the top offense or any other such crap. It minimizes the true strengths to your case, which is already a strong one. And it makes you look extremely petty and small.

Just stick with the facts at hand - that'll be more than enough to build a strong case for your beloved Broncos.

I actually read the entire thread. Very entertaining. Here are some comments

1. Making comparisons of previous games is just plain dumb (on both sides). BB would be the first to tell us that past results DO NOT project future performance in the NFL. So our beating Denver in game 5 in NE has no relevance to what might happen almost 3 months later in Denver. We are both now 2 very different teams and the game will be in a different setting.

2. Weather WILL be a factor. Here are 2 indisputable facts. Peyton Manning doesn't play well in bad weather, as he has so rarely had to play in bad weather. Tom Brady might just be the best bad weather QB in the history of the game. The big home field advantage the Broncos will have (if the 2 teams meet in the AFCCG) COULD be greatly mitigated IF the weather is less than ideal on that day.

3. The Broncos deserve their top seed. They won one more game than the Pats. Its no different than last year when the Pats had the same record playing an equally weak schedule. But as the Giants, Steelers, Packers, Colts, etc have shown in recent Superbowls, the regular season really doesn't matter much.

4. I love the bye. I think it gives more meaning to the regular season. In the other professional sports, the regular season means virtually nothing. It certainly hasn't been a precursor to winning the superbowl recently. That being said, it is the single biggest playoff advantage in all of sports.....and I'm glad we have it.

5. After reading the trolls, I for one don't think they are THAT bad. To me they are just being 'fans', manipulating the stats and fact to best represent their team. That's the job of a fan, and it would be hypocritical of us to damn or ban them for it. Of course that doesn't mean that some of them aren't jackasses, or their reasoning isn't faulty, and they do make you long for those classy Texan fans to return. ;)

6. The Pats are pretty banged up. I'd be interested to know what the Denver injury situation. On the surface they've been as lucky on that front as we've been unlucky, but that's just a perception on my part

7. The real bottom line is that this thread is really 2 weeks too early. Let's get through the division round before we start talking about a Pats/Denver AFCCG.

Last edited:
To beat the pats, denver would have to win 13 games in a row. That's tough, though not impossible. Over the past 2 months denver hasn't really been punched in the mouth...honestly beating cincinnatti and oakland are one thing, but teams like NE san francisco are a whole new ballgame.

Dear all the butthurt patriots fans,

Please go see a doctor to receive medication.

Admit it patriots suck, and they haven't been to as many super bowls as peyton.

OK this assclown might make me amend my previous statement about the trolls. ;)

Not even worth the time - WAY too easy.

Not even worth the time - WAY too easy.

Sorry what is the patriots defense in the league? A low 25th.

You are not even worth my time buddy, Your too easy to beat in a argument of who is the best team.

Sorry what is the patriots defense in the league? A low 25th.

You are not even worth my time buddy, Your too easy to beat in a argument of who is the best team.

Buh bye Denver Boner...

Don't forget the underscore when you add Denver_Oner to your ignore lists.

so much talk about denver, but what no one in the media seems to mention is how their defense CANNOT matchup with our offense.

sure they have alot of pass-rushers, but they are small as a team. we ran all over them last time and they have NO answer for Gronkowski/Hernandez.

the only thing that scares me about them is Peyton and those receivers...but I'm hoping he reverts into "playoff peyton" who generally chokes

You mean the patriots haven't been to 2 super bowls?

....4. I love the bye. I think it gives more meaning to the regular season. In the other professional sports, the regular season means virtually nothing. It certainly hasn't been a precursor to winning the superbowl recently. That being said, it is the single biggest playoff advantage in all of sports.....and I'm glad we have it.....

I honestly believe the byes won yesterday by the Patriots and San Francisco 49'ers will set up a Patriot/Niner Super Bowl.
I believe these are the 2 best teams from their conferences and with the bye they will each get a home game and some much needed rest.
Without the bye was going to be tough for the Pats to make it back to the SB. With the bye and barring some catastrophic injury I think they're winning it.

Are you combining the SB appearances from all Peyton's in NFL history? You'd probably have to throw in the Payton's as well but even that might not make the statement accurate. We've been to 7 Super bowls bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Back